Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Play offs Problem?

Clubs that go up through the playoffs often complain of a lack of time for preparation and recruitment for a coming season.

Will this be a problem for us if our identified potential Head Coaches are involved in the play offs with their current clubs?

If we have to wait until after the playoffs to begin negotiations does Weber recruit who he thinks we need for the next Coach? I presumed the Coach would want to discuss the style of play and what is required with Weber - but may now have to do this without watching us in a competitive game. By the time the new Coach rolls up players will be out of contract and could have left, and he won''t meet what''s left of the squad until pre-season.

I get Weber will do recruitment, but surely he would take account of the Coaches requests? If he does, won''t this delay our summer re-building?

I think the comment relates to us delaying a coach appointment due to him maybe tied to a club with potential play off ambitions, which is a fair and valid point

I was not thinking we would be in the playoffs - just that our potential Head Coach would be busy with their current club and not available for discussions with us until June.

Probably the case if Rosler and Alexander are in the frame.

Personally I think the excuse of the playoffs impacting on our preparation for the prem season was utter nonsense. We just didn''t have the right systems/personnel in place regardless of division. It''s three weeks less time and if you are in the playoff final then you know there is a good chance you may go up and should be preparing for both outcomes.

With the coach recruitment it''s perhaps a more valid concern but presumably the point of having a sporting director is si that these things can continue regardless of whether a coach has been sacked/appointed.

It was mentioned at the fans group''s focus meeting yesterday morning with board members that the appointment for the head coach isnt expected to be made until just after the end of the season, which Im sure most people had guessed with it being announced that Alan Irvine would be in charge until the end of the season, so you have assume they have someone earmarked who is currently in employment

Thanks Diane - did the response give you a feeling as to when they expected the end of season to be?

Earlier for Barnsley than Fleetwood?

A delay would also mean Webber will have​ to decide which of our out of contract players will stay or go without consulting the new manager. Not ideal, but that''s what he''s here for. You would expect the club to get someone in before the transfer window opens at least. So it shouldn''t delay the rebuilding process in that respect.

[quote user="Diane"]It was mentioned at the fans group''s focus meeting yesterday morning with board members that the appointment for the head coach isnt expected to be made until just after the end of the season, which Im sure most people had guessed with it being announced that Alan Irvine would be in charge until the end of the season, so you have assume they have someone earmarked who is currently in employment[/quote]I heard Webber say (interview) that he would present two names to the board (after whittling the list down) to then pursue.The word expected suggests that the club are confident of being able to land their man. And I doubt it would be anyone involved in the promotion battle, as any manager achieving promotion would not want to drop back into the championship.Given Webber''s remit at Huddersfield I would expect he already has names already identified - simply on the basis of cover were the current manager to fall under a bus.With us I suspect there previously has been a bit of disagreement as to demarcation lines with ''squabbles'' over who does what etc, with Moxey moving on possibly being part of that.Hopefully that will be behind us.So far Webber has made all the right noises. The club pretty much has everything in place, positive board, excellent staff in place etc... it is just a case of getting it all working in sync. Having previously been rather skeptical of a DoF it does now seem more logical given the huge sums involved. The idea sems in being to seperate the commercial side from the football side with Webber being an almost CEO the football. Where often it might have failed elsewhere was in bringing in a DoF over an already existing set up. Whereas here the terms of reference will already be defined and agreed before anything starts.Whether players were playing for their ''jobs'' or not yesterday what was noticable was the way players got into the box more when attacking rather than having one lone striker hoping the ball got to him.I would say roll on next season, but yesterday suggests we might be able to squeeze a bit more out of this one.

[quote user="FCC"]Thanks Diane - did the response give you a feeling as to when they expected the end of season to be?

Earlier for Barnsley than Fleetwood?[/quote]
Nope, got the impression shortly after the championship season finishes  on May 7th 

Diane wrote the following post at 2017-04-09 9:10 PM:

It was mentioned at the fans group''s focus meeting yesterday morning with board members that the appointment for the head coach isnt expected to be made until just after the end of the season, which Im sure most people had guessed with it being announced that Alan Irvine would be in charge until the end of the season, so you have assume they have someone earmarked who is currently in employment

Nail and head Diane. I''m sure that appointment is all but done and dusted! And as for watching the current incumbent players - one only has to watch a video of those players toils, or lack of, this season to get an idea of what is, and is not required within that group! Which is exactly what AN did prior to his appointment (by his own admission). Modern technology for you!