Rogue Baboon

Next Years Starting Line Up - The Rebuild

Potentially...

New GK

Pinto...New CB...New CB...Dijks

Howson...Dorrans

Murphy...Pritchard...Wildschut

Oliviera

With Jerome, Murphy, Martin, Toffolo, Hoolahan knocking on the door.

Klose & Naimsith to be sold, not sure on Tetteys contract if he is one of those out of contract.

I see a lot in that team going forward to challenge for promotion, plus it looks balanced with width in both sides. This would leave us needing 2 cbs and a gk to start games, unless Webber seems Rudd or Matthews good enough. Also basing it on if we have the option to sign Dijks.

Great going forward but that midfield was not robust enough this season and wont next season.

Some additional starting muscle is needed to stop us being over run as we were, for example at Huddersfield.

Our problems go further forward than just the CBs and keeper

There''s also the issue of keeping hold of our better players. I can see us receiving decent offers for Howson, Pritchard and Murphy. Tettey has one more year left on his contract, but may also try to move on. Dijks, I would suggest, will have better offers in the summer too. So potentially a lot of comings and goings this summer for Webber to oversee.

If we can persuade Dijks to stay that would be a massive boost for us. I''d definitely not be happy with a central midfield of Dorrans and Howson though, far too lightweight.

Howson and Dorrans would never work. I think one of the biggest reason for our failings this year has been that Tettey has been so far from his best it''s untrue which has caused Howson to play a more contained role to cover for his central midfield partner.

Tettey was back to his best on Saturday and we win 7-1. That''s far from the only reason but I think it''s a big one.

We need to be better at full back. I''m amazed that Pinto escapes all criticism. Yes he''s good going forward, he is a wing back in all honesty, but he is just as culpable as the rest of the defenders especially with crosses to the back post.

We also need a lot stronger more athletic defensive midfield to allow the likes of Prichard to be able to play

I tend to agree re. Howson & Dorrans, the thought did cross my mind when putting the team together. I think we may lose Howson this summer anyway - that money should enable us to buy a ''new'' Tettey, who we also may move on.

Re Pinto. Its the modern day full back. There are very few full backs these days who can actually defend - its all about getting forward & over lapping & then using your pace to get back & break up attacks. I guess that''s why more & more teams are moving to 3-5-2 as well. Dijks seems to have both sides to hius game though

I would think Louis Thompson will be back from injury by then and who looked, in those brief outings, convincing in that DM role.

I''ll go with a team that''s proven to score bucket-loads against the top teams..

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Dijks

Tettey Howson

Jacob M Pritchard Hoolahan

Oliveira

This BS about needing a major clearout.. gimme a break! We have a great team who can clearly beat any opposition on their day. There''s obviously something wrong with their attitude and their tendency to capitulate when things don''t go their way. Get in a decent manager who can motivate and the same team will will the league next season.

Well at least it makes things fun!

Seriously though, I think the Huddersfield game summed things up with this team. We can defend perfectly well until something goes against us, whether it''s conceding a goal or a bad decision, and then we immediately fold. Seems to me that it''s mostly psychological.

Ruddy

Pinto, New CB, New CB, New LB/Dijks

New DM, Howson, Pritchard

Ja. Murphy, Oliveira, New LW/ST

Subs: New GK, Klose, Martin, Dorrans, Jo. Murphy, Wes, Jerome

Think the importance of next season is to find players that may play in more than one position. Like a pacey striker that could also do a job on the wing, so they aren''t left out if we go one up top. Feel it is essential to build around Pritchard and Oliveira and install an entirely new defensive spine.

I think we were unfortunate in that both Dorrans and Tetteys legs seem to have gone in the same season. They''ve maybe only lost a yard each, but in the Brighton game for example they were barely even chasing shadows.

Ironically we have both Ben Godfrey and Ebou Adams in the u23 category who fit the mould for the type of playing we need in the middle- but will this next season come too early for them?