Sign in to follow this  

Wes: 50 not out

Scored his 49th and 50th goals on Saturday. Still causes the opposition all manner of problems. Brings out the best in those around him - Pritchard, for one.Let''s face it, we''re lucky to have him.

Was interesting to hear the praise on radio after the match yesterday from Alan Irvine, who said he tried to buy Wes from Blackpool when he was manager at Preston.

So glad we got him. One of the finer actions from Glenn Roeder.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Never been player of the season [:(][/quote]yet... searches for voting form

[quote user="Alf Tupperware"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Never been player of the season [:(][/quote]yet... searches for voting form[/quote]
We can agree on something City1st, I ll be voting for Wes too [:)]

Undoubtedly a great player, but simply hasn''t consistently scored enough for the position and role he plays IMHO.I suppose if he did though, he''d be playing at the likes of Man Utd or Chelsea...

Lambert played him in his best role really. I know Chris Hughton didn''t rate him that highly and Neil seemed to be ready to blame him for any poor performance.

Thank goodness he has managed to rise above all that. And thank goodness there are still players like him around and we have him.

A great player, and I agree with the comment that he has his faults, but if it wasn''t for those faults, he''d be at a top Prem side.

At his age, it reminds me of Ian Crook where I worried whether we''d be able to replace him when he left.  With Crook we didn''t and that was a big part of what made us a mediocre 2nd tier side for about 10 years after he left.... I just hope we are able to bring through one of our promising younger players to take on Wes''s mantle over the next couple of seasons.

Top player and most importantly for fans, really enjoyable to watch play.

I do think if Hughton had given Wes a go more times than not we might just have survived that second season under him.

Yep, went for Wes in the end as I think he deserves it for the years of enjoyment he''s given me as a fan!

It''s unlucky for Jerome, Murphy and Pinto though, Murphy in particular for his first ever season at this level.

Voted for Wes for POTS. Hope he gets it.

The full web address is:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-pots-2016-2017-3668196.aspx

Wes for me too;

jacob is a shoe in for young player so wont leave empty handed..