Sign in to follow this  
Peter Gates

The boy's health comes first

So says Worthy.  Deano takes significant blow to the head after 15 minutes, seems concussed and collapses albeit temporarily.  Worthy refuses to take him off, goes for X Ray on Sat night, attends Sunday warm down.  Monday he''s off to London for a scan.

Bit too late if he has serious cranial damage, if health comes first should have been substituted Saturday.

Jeez, he can only go on the advice of the medics at the game. Read his comments in the EN article! Is he supposed to be a medical expert as well now? Or is it just that he''s taking the blame for everything now?

As I have previously stated the original advice was to take him off clearly seen by the medical people''s instructions on the sidelines, Worthington said the boy wanted to stay on. It should not have been Ashton''s decision & Worthington should have acted, for christ sake Neil Reynolds thought it was a broken eye socket & Deano is today seeing a Neurologist what more proof do you want that it was dangerous keeping him on the pitch. IMO Worthington went against medical advice.

From where i was seated it looked like the club doctor was totally happy with Deano''s condition.

Sorry but no blame on worthington here even If though i would like to.

You really are over playing the blame game now. Don''t you ever get bored with it? Worthy was going to sub Ashton before the medics told him he was ok to carry on and Ashton was happy to continue. He was assessed again at half time and again the med team and player were happy. What more do you want? An on-pitch x-ray????!!

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/MatchPreview/0,,10355~718773,00.html

witch hunt? as if - take a look - halfway down - "he spent six minutes recieving treatment but was suffering concussion for the rest of the match" - even the club admits it!! dont try and make this sound like nothing to do worthy - cuz it is everything to do with him...this is his fault and if deano is out for a while, then i will blame worthless for playing him when he was so clearly dazed and disorientated....thats really putting his health first isnt it?

I saw Deano  go down like a boxer  taking a blow to the jaw !   he was definately out for some 5 seconds , and  was reeling as they took him off  !   didn`t know where he was for some minutes !!    the medic should be fired ....  you just don`t ask a concussed man if he`s ok  !!!  its like asking a boxer who gets up  at the count of nine  ,and  reels about , if he wants to fight on ...  he`s in NO fit condition to make a lucid decision  ,    the correct decision   in a concussion and wobbly legs  event is ... straight to hospital  !   no messing

I was amazed that Nigel  took such a risk  with Deano  , ultimately it IS he that  decides  in such matters ,   black mark Nigel !!    DON`T take risks with  peoples lives  !!!!!  

It was clear to all that Neil Reynolds done the sign to the bench that it was game over, the bench did not react in anyway preferring to see if Deano''s head would clear.  IMO the Physio was overruled forget all the comments after the game at the time of the incident the management did not take the physios advice end of story.

I sit in the river end but always have my radio with me so had a fair idea of what was happening. Gorham said that Reynolds had signalled it was over to the bench and Huckerby was out warming up. Yet this didn''t matter to Worthington. I saw him jesture to them to get Deano back on and called Huckerby back to the bench where he sat down. Wrong decision and when your dealing with such an injury you don''t mess about like Worthy did. Disgraceful!