No surprise we performed better (a lot better!) with what I think is our strongest side out. Same side what beat Forest 5-1 with exception of Tettey for Mulumbu and Jacob for Josh (who played very well that day).

From now on never mind shifting players around pick this side for remainder of season and see what happens. Wes and Pritchard need to play together and Oliveria is a class above Jerome despite his work rate etc.

I wouldn''t say Oliveira is a class above Jerome, but he fits with the rest of the team better. Like, I wouldn''t expect Webber to go out and target a bunch of Jerome-types because it fundamentally weakens our approach play.

I believe the future is Oliveira up front with Pritchard dropping off into midfield when required. There isn''t a more precise forward line outside of the higher PL teams.

As mason said, Oliviera isn''t necessarily that much better than Jerome, but they are 2 different types of strikers.

Oliviera wants to drop a bit deeper and link up the play which is perfectly suited to how we play with Pritchard & Hoolahan

Jerome is always looking for the ball over the top. the problem is we then tend to just limp it towards him & hope he can make something happen

we are lucky to have two good strikers offering different styles.

From a stats point of view there is very little between them,

- both score from 1 in 5 shots

- both getting about 40% of all shots on target (surprised me that Jerome is marginally ahead of nelson with 43% shots on target to 40%

- Jerome has 1.6 points per start compared to 1.4 pps for Nelson

- Nelson takes less time on the pitch to be involved with a goal - 119 mins compared to Jeromes assists included 137

- nelson is better at goals scored per min played 119 v 182

- Oddly Jeromes build link up play is more effective, 5 assists to Nelsons 0, and a pass (37) leading to a chance every 74 mins compared to nelsons (5) one every 213 mins.

It all points to us being able to trust whichever striker is picked to start; they both do good jobs.

If only we can get the bit behind them functioning as well.

Some interesting stats there, ZLF. Can I ask what site they came from?

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]I like Jerome and applaud his work rate but Oliveira is a much better finisher.[/quote]

Play them both.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Some interesting stats there, ZLF. Can I ask what site they came from?[/quote]www.saddo.comsuppliers of meaningless shyte to the gormlessas to our strongest side that will vary depending on who we are playing ie if they have a left back with the turning speed of Whittaker I would expect either Murphy''s to be playing wide etc