Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Less Than 15,000 At Scum HQ Last Night.

Just 14,661 including 176 Wigan fans last night which was their lowest crowd since November 1999 !Oh dear oh dear. [:D]

For my sins, I went to a corporate event in one of their suites for the Birmingham game at the weekend.

Part of the ''Pre-Match Quiz'' was to guess the attendance vs John Wark, needless to say when everyone stepped out into the cold Ipswich air to watch the game everyone desperately wanted to re-think their 20-24k guesses. One stand looked reasonably full, and the rest were just ghost town.

About 19 years ago on 4th March 1998 the attendance were 9,819 at Carrow Road for the League game against Birmingham City. So pleace don''t mock Ipswich for their attendance. Are we soon heading for the same numbers at Carrow Road again as the team clearly has given up and fallen apart?

A new chapter for Norwich begins now with no hope of Premier League next season and where to go from here.

Reminds ''he'' that since 2002 constantly over 20k in attendance, even in the third tier. Some 20k+ fans will still support through thick an thin.

Fans for life, managers and such will come and go. If you think so negatively, feel free to buy a blue seat in the coming years and Premier League challenge in the next season could be very much on

[quote user="he"]About 19 years ago on 4th March 1998 the attendance were 9,819 at Carrow Road for the League game against Birmingham City. So pleace don''t mock Ipswich for their attendance. Are we soon heading for the same numbers at Carrow Road again as the team clearly has given up and fallen apart?

A new chapter for Norwich begins now with no hope of Premier League next season and where to go from here.[/quote]

What I can''t work out is why we got over 24,000 for our next home game against West Brom - memorable for me as it was the first game I took my eldest daughter to.

Just found this little gem...

In 1990, Portman Road was the first ground to adopt the recommendations of the Taylor Report and became the first all-seater when a three-seater sofa was placed behind the northern goal. Since then two deckchairs and a Lay-Z-Boy have been added, taking the capacity to a staggering 53.