Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

My day in blog form

Wow, what a day. Started off with a superb fry-up courtesy of Mrs Grit - black pudding, the works. Get the Quashqai idling nicely, checked coolant levels (no leaks) and off to Notcutts we go. Mrs Grit has been pining for some more viable garden furniture for a while and after much deliberation I treated her to the Holkham Bistro set, in teal - well she did cook me breakfast (right guys!). Get back to Dussindale and assemble. I must say it really does complement the decking. Off I head to the ground and get seated in the Duffield Animal Feeds corporate box (great views). After a good slice of banter with the lads from Pips Skips we settle down for the game - wow, 6-1 at HT. Disappointed we couldn''t get more in the second half but overall my breath was taken. With the pending McClaren appointment there''s nothing which will hold up the club in terms of promotion next season, 2018 is poised to be fantastic.

Best,

TG

The Holkham looks very elegant True Grit, but would probably necessitate a separate parasol on a particularly sunny day.My wife wants a Chinese style ''crank and tilt'' parasol, but I''d much rather we went for a full cantilever design which provides a much greater amount of shade and seems less prone to being blown over.

[quote user="Len"]The Holkham looks very elegant True Grit, but would probably necessitate a separate parasol on a particularly sunny day.My wife wants a Chinese style ''crank and tilt'' parasol, but I''d much rather we went for a full cantilever design which provides a much greater amount of shade and seems less prone to being blown over.[/quote]

Super stuff Len. Hope it all works out for you both. I know decisions like that can literally make or break a relationship. Make sure you compromise, as you don''t want that crank and tilt eating away at you every time you glance at Chaffinch through the conservatory window.

TG, when are you going to lose the Moxey avatar? Class act I know, but it''s over now, let it go...

[quote user="Nuff Said"]TG, when are you going to lose the Moxey avatar? Class act I know, but it''s over now, let it go...[/quote]

Can''t say much at the moment, but it''s far from over.

Nuff Said wrote;

TG, when are you going to lose the Moxey avatar? Class act I know, but it''s over now, let it go...

Got a few years yet, he has only just got over losing the Roeder avatar!