Sign in to follow this  

This is the link to POTS voting page (if someone could turn it into a clicky):http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-pots-2016-2017-3668196.aspx

Or alternatively this forum will just garble my text completely. Oh well. It''s on the official site!

[quote user="Mickdundee"]Jerome or Jacob

Wes has been poor for a lot of this season, he shouldn''t just be given it for sentimental reasons[/quote]

No he hasn''t.

He''s been one of the better performers. Most of our better performances this season have been when Wes plays.

I would guess Wes''s win ratio to games played is the highest at the club. Anyone know?

Is anyone else having problems with the online voting?I have filled in all of the required contact information fields, but when I press ''done'' it won''t submit and I get the following message - "! This question requires an answer."

I got there eventually, but I find it rather sneaky that you can''t submit your vote without completing ALL of the contact information fields and not just the ''*Required'' ones!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Is anyone else having problems with the online voting?I have filled in all of the required contact information fields, but when I press ''done'' it won''t submit and I get the following message - "! This question requires an answer."

[/quote]

Fine for me NBS - straight to the advert for Survey Monkey.

For those asking about Wes''s win %, and talking about those games the player started more than 12 games, wes does indeed have the best win ratio - 54% of starts. The only other players with a 50%+ win ratio are Pinto, Jacob, Dorrans and Olsson.

Only 3 players have earned more than 1.7 points per start (no surprise with Wes & Pinto - both 1.8 pg) with Klose the third on 1.7 and Jacob just behind.

Ryan excels himself by both losing (57% of starts) the most and winning (just 19%) the fewest games and by a long way from his next squad player (Alex winning just 36%, Dorrans losing 44%)

By position, there is very little difference between the keepers while results marginally favour Jerome for the strikers. Tettey stand out as the worst of the midfielders.

Most know that we have not won without Pinto starting, but of the 9 games he missed we have secured just 1 of the 27 available points. In context that is c10 lost points - putting us very close to the play off slot.

Perhaps that should make Ivo POTS.

Wes, Pinto, Howson, Murphy and Jerome are the only players who should be anywhere near the top three. Remember that Wes has not played a great deal away from home, where our form has been woeful, and has started the vast majority of games at home, where we have been generally very good.I still think that he has been excellent when selected, and in a pretty desperate season he has often been instrumental in our best performances. For that reason I will be voting for him, although I agree it would also be a travesty if he never gets his name on the Barry Butler.

[quote user="ZLF"]For those asking about Wes''s win %, and talking about those games the player started more than 12 games, wes does indeed have the best win ratio - 54% of starts. The only other players with a 50%+ win ratio are Pinto, Jacob, Dorrans and Olsson.

Only 3 players have earned more than 1.7 points per start (no surprise with Wes & Pinto - both 1.8 pg) with Klose the third on 1.7 and Jacob just behind.

Ryan excels himself by both losing (57% of starts) the most and winning (just 19%) the fewest games and by a long way from his next squad player (Alex winning just 36%, Dorrans losing 44%)

By position, there is very little difference between the keepers while results marginally favour Jerome for the strikers. Tettey stand out as the worst of the midfielders.

Most know that we have not won without Pinto starting, but of the 9 games he missed we have secured just 1 of the 27 available points. In context that is c10 lost points - putting us very close to the play off slot.

Perhaps that should make Ivo POTS.[/quote]

Good work ZLF. As predicted, Wes does have the best win percentage.

Interesting with regard to Ivo, clearly very important to the side. I don''t think anyone would complain if either won POTS.

Has to Hoolahan. Jerome otherwise. Murphy has had a good season overall but every match I watched (away) he was poor. I don''t think any player from the defence can be considered.

Has to be Jacob Murphy. He’s played the majority of games, goal and assist stats are good. I know he drifts out of games but he’s young and learning. Offers a threat and has pace.

POTS has to reward improvement surely? Not just a nostalgic award for a player who hasn’t won it before.

No, that would make it Most Improved POTS.

It''s just POTS. The best player, regardless of improvent or time spent at club.

[quote user="GJP"]No, that would make it Most Improved POTS.

It''s just POTS. The best player, regardless of improvent or time spent at club.[/quote]

Think you have missed my point a bit. In a season where pretty much the entire squad has underachieved, most doing the minimum required, it’s very difficult to decide a POTS.

Why are most people voting for Wes? This has not been a stand out season for him at all, been less effective. Ok he scored that wonder goal, but has he really stood out? I don’t think he has, he’s certainly stood out more in the past.

At the start of the season Murphy was not guaranteed a place on the bench, let alone a starting place. Many saw Canos above him and maybe a couple of others. So to break into the team and play 30 plus games scoring double figures I would say is a bigger achievement.

The Wes thing seems a bit of a nostalgia vote.

If you want to vote Jacob because he has been our best player this season then that makes sense. But not because he has done better than expected or some may have expected.