Sign in to follow this  

What normally happens in a bad season like this is that the person that wins it leaves in the summer (Clingan, Croft etc)

On that basis, I''m voting for McGovern...

I did suggest Wes because he''s never won it and his play over so many seasons makes that a bit of a travesty. He could end up being arguably our best player for ten years and yet not have his name on it. I suggested linking it with some kind of pledge for Rays Funds if he won it.

Wes, Pinto, Jerome, Jacob - that''s about it....don''t disagree with Nutty about Wes, though - it''d almost be like one of those ''honourable oscars'' they give out occasionally to those who''ve not won one..

James Maddison had a brilliant first half of the season, and that free-kick to win the derby last-minute was a moment for everyone to savour.

I don''t think anyone in the squad performed better over that period- got to be a shoe-in, right?

Wes or Jerome for me. Wes because I love him lol & it will be his last chance to win it and Jerome because he works his socks off for our team.

Wes or Jacob Murphy.It still amuses me that Lee Croft somehow won it. While this season has been bad, it''s not been that bad.

In order of preference..

1) Jerome - how he keeps running, and running, and running when half the squad have decided to not give a flying f*ck is pretty admirable.

2) Wes - Not won it before, this hasn''t been his greatest season but neither has it for anyone else. And he''s a legend.

3) Jacob Murphy - Great to see a young player progress and cement themselves into the first team with goals and assists.

Probably jerome. Jacob, Pinto & Jonny could have been closer with more consistency - but in a year when it is up for grabs no one has shone; i guess it just confirms how deep the player apathy has been.

but my vote will go to Wes, for 10 years of joyful performances and never having won it before

Tempted to vote for Wes mainly out of sentiment, but going for Jerome - sixth highest scorer in the Championship despite the players behind him.

''he shouldn''t just be given it for sentimental reasons''

Have to agree with this - pretty pointless having a player of the season award if it is not being given to the player of the season.

Jerome - always gives everything and 15 goals as well! Mental strength as well - missed plenty of chances but he doesn''t hide like some might.Wouldn''t be unhappy for Wes to get it for sentimental reasons.