Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari_2

surgi cannoss

Im gunna call him Lurgy Canos, im sick of hearing about someone who isnt ours and never did anything for us.

shhhh

How many starts did he get here ? One to regret I think and Maddison must be loving it too at Norwich. Can''t blame any young lad who turned us down in the future as the potential for being given a run of games is zero .

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]How many starts did he get here ? One to regret I think and Maddison must be loving it too at Norwich. Can''t blame any young lad who turned us down in the future as the potential for being given a run of games is zero .[/quote]If "the potential for being given a run of games is zero" then why the **** are we buying them and paying their wages?

It has to be said really, we made a poor decision here.

Hopefully things will be different in the future.

If only we had a fast pacy winger or two, then maybe I could understand the thought that Canos was ''surplus''.However after a 7-1 win any stick will have to do, I suppose

Great shame I said at the time it was a big mistake this time next year he could be a 10m player don''t forget he is younger than the murphy twins. I do accept the latter have made good progress this season

I don''t think Canos was given enough​ of a chance to impress in the first team. But with the Murphys progressing nicely, it''s not such a big deal.  Glad it''s working out for him at his new club.

Don''t worry about the idiots on this board who will knock anything anyone says if they don''t agree.

We got rid of Morty but Morty Mark 23456789 will appear with their usual put down remarks

Mentioned Redmond when I saw his first or second game for us in Sacramento that he was a future 10 million pound value player to be ridiculed.

Only made the bench here but is regular in a top Premiership Club. If only NCFC was as forward thinking.

[quote user="daly"]Don''t worry about the idiots on this board who will knock anything anyone says if they don''t agree.

We got rid of Morty but Morty Mark 23456789 will appear with their usual put down remarks

Mentioned Redmond when I saw his first or second game for us in Sacramento that he was a future 10 million pound value player to be ridiculed.

Only made the bench here but is regular in a top Premiership Club. If only NCFC was as forward thinking.[/quote]quite

PS

Would have thought irrespective that we have both the brilliant Murphys that Canos would still have proven a good player to stick with

We kept Randy Lafferty, Sick Note Jarvis and Mulumbu

[quote user="daly"]PS

Would have thought irrespective that we have both the brilliant Murphys that Canos would still have proven a good player to stick with

We kept Randy Lafferty, Sick Note Jarvis and Mulumbu[/quote]Definition of forward thinking![;)]

The Murphys didn''t just appear in out of thin air, they were here yet we still chose to bring in Canos.

Ones man''s ''stick to beat the club with'' is another legitimate questioning of our transfer record I guess.

Not sure Canos is better than those three or he would probably have played more wouldn''t he? Certainly in his limited appearances for us he looked some distance away from Jacob. Wildshut is a completely different type of winger offering power strength etc.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Midlands Yellow"]How many starts did he get here ? One to regret I think and Maddison must be loving it too at Norwich. Can''t blame any young lad who turned us down in the future as the potential for being given a run of games is zero .[/quote]If "the potential for being given a run of games is zero" then why the **** are we buying them and paying their wages?[/quote]

Is this what they mean when they tell us that the recruitment hasn''t been very good? You identify a potential player, you do your research on him (due diligence), you pay a load of dosh to get him here, you give him a healthy contract (I assume), then you apparently forget that you have him amnd get him to do nothing.

Signed before we signed Pritchard. No doubt about who I''d rather have...

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Keith Scott gets it.[/quote]gets what ?a programme every home game at poorman road ?

Jeez, how many more times will we see this thread?! I was dead pleased when we signed him as saw him a lot last season - it didn''t work out, he didn''t quite ''fit'' for some reason but that''s life, good luck to him. The simple fact is that he was playing poorly in the u23s so quite why we''d have played him in the first XI I''m not sure. Even at Brentford, where they love him, he is almost legendary for his lack of stamina and runs out of puff after an hour, is always subbed on about 70 mins. AN clearly saw the potential but quite reasonably wanted more

steady on old fellowthere''s binners on this threadthey don''t want to read that sort of stuff

Keith Scott didn''t get the match thread on Saturday. Perhaps he couldn''t find it. There were other notable absentees.....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Jeez, how many more times will we see this thread?! I was dead pleased when we signed him as saw him a lot last season - it didn''t work out, he didn''t quite ''fit'' for some reason but that''s life, good luck to him. The simple fact is that he was playing poorly in the u23s so quite why we''d have played him in the first XI I''m not sure. Even at Brentford, where they love him, he is almost legendary for his lack of stamina and runs out of puff after an hour, is always subbed on about 70 mins. AN clearly saw the potential but quite reasonably wanted more[/quote]

An example of our poor recruitment?

Whereas Pritchard is an example of our good recruitment?

We buy a player with potential. Because other squad members perform better than we might have hoped, he finds himself at the bottom of the queue for his position and we let him go. You would prefer he had just turned out to be sh*t?

Not sure what part of our defence he would have improved this season.

Going forward we are fine and Jacob came to prominence faster than expected. Canos left Liverpool to get regular games - that was not going to happen here with the options we had once Jacob emerged.

I''m not convinced either of the Murphy''s, Jarvis or Wildschut offer any more than Canos. He''s one player I''d have liked to have seen more of - especially when Jacob went off the boil when he got his new contract late 2016. Things move on though, and we''re hardly short in that position are we?

Far bigger priorities elsewhere...