Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

HatRicky

The fact is Ricky also struggled playing off a bigger CF in Elmander, and also struggled on the rare occasions him and Hooper played together.

Because he''s not good enough. He was never good enough and never will be good enough.

It''s not Snodgrass'' fault that RvW isn''t a very good footballer.

Very much connected to RvW, I''m intrigued as to how Hughton/Brighton will fare next season (if) in the PL. CH is proven at Champs level but was then shipped out quite swiftly by Newcastle and his transfers here weren''t the best, we invested heavily in a bunch of players he was unable to get the best out of.

Bewildering defence of a poor player

I''ve watched NCFC since 1980/81....our strikeforce back then was Justin Fashanu and Joe Royle...and I''ve seen every striker play for this club between then and now of all types and shapes and sizes and I can comfortably say RVW was one of the worst I''ve ever seen in a Norwich shirt, whether you want to factor in the fee we paid for him or not.

making excuses for him because of bad service??

...I look back at some of the best strikers I''ve seen play for us......Fashanu,Deehan,Drinkell,Fleck,Sutton,Roberts,Bellamy,Holt......all different types ,all various strengths,heights,pace.

.Did they all play in great teams, who provided great service?....in many cases certainly not, they were all still able to score goals.

What''s being suggested here is that the only way RVW could possibly have been effective was if a chance was put on a plate for him to finish, as he wasn''t able to offer anything else whatsover?

...even that theory is blown out of the water as on the odd occasion when he was put through one-on-one or had a chance in the box, he couldn''t even score those either.

Indy Bones only ever comments on RVW related topics - has anyone seen RVW and Indy Bones in the same room at the same time?! Nope... thought not...

GJL, you actually believe RVW was one of our worst centre forwards? Worse than Coney, Ottosson, Sibierski, Mortenson and Beckford? Wow, he certainly was better than all of those!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]GJL, you actually believe RVW was one of our worst centre forwards? Worse than Coney, Ottosson, Sibierski, Mortenson and Beckford? Wow, he certainly was better than all of those![/quote]

In a Norwich shirt?......what did he do here to be elevated above that list?...he at best would only deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as them.

Beckford was certainly better than him here.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]GJL, you actually believe RVW was one of our worst centre forwards? Worse than Coney, Ottosson, Sibierski, Mortenson and Beckford? Wow, he certainly was better than all of those![/quote]

RVW was virtually ineffective in a City shirt.  It was like playing with 10 men.  So you''ll have to work a bit harder to come up with strikers who were worse than him.  That bar is extremely low.

Keith Scott for example was a complete donkey, poor at all aspects of the game, but at least he had a real physical presence and made a (very limited) contribution when he was on the pitch.