Sign in to follow this  
staffordshire canary

Ricky Martin....

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TCCANARY"]Looks like Tilly''s one man campaign is about to bear fruit.He probably hasn''t posted yet as it''s taking a while to wipe down his keyboard. [:D]

[/quote]Tilly has been out all day but received a phone call about developments and then a text from somebody else. [;)]It was obvious that there were going to be casualties at Colney and having identified problems onwards and upwards as far as i can see. No place for sentimentality if we intend being serious in our long term ambitions.[/quote][:D][Y]

Liking the cut of Webber''s jib already.

Norwich''s recruitment policy over recent years has been shambolic.

This bodes well for the dross to be identified and extracted from the first team squad without any sentiment.

Technical director gone, Head of Recruitment gone,Chief Scout gone so surely we should soon learn whether the Loans Manager is still around and if he is i suggest he will be next for the chop ?

From a previous thread, I just had to folks, just had to, please indulge me.

19/03/2017, 11:15 AM

Re: Ricky Martin

It may well transpire over time, and depending on who is appointed Sporting Director, their expertise and requirements, that the Technical Director role will become obsolete?

NORWICH City Football Club can confirm that Ricky Martin has left his role as Technical Director by mutual consent with immediate effect.

The Board of Directors would like to place on record their sincere thanks to Ricky for his committed service to the Club for almost 16 years across several football department roles.

He joined the club he represented as an Associate Schoolboy in July 2001 when he moved from Cambridge United to take up the position of Assistant Academy Director.

In May 2004 he was promoted to become Academy Manager, and spent the following decade overseeing the progression of a number of Norwich City youth players into the first team as well as the FA Youth Cup win of 2013. He was also integral in the Club working towards and obtaining Category 1 status – the highest level possible in the English game.

He was appointed to his current role in the summer of 2014 where he has helped support the first team and the administrative management of the Colney Training Centre.

Ricky Martin commented: "I would like to take this opportunity to thank the players, staff and supporters at Norwich City for what has been nearly 16 years working at this great Football Club.

"I am extremely proud to have been given the opportunity to work within several roles at the Club and I can look back on some great moments and achievements that will stay with me forever. I wish everyone at the Football Club every success going forwards."

Everybody at Carrow Road and Colney would like to wish Ricky all the very best with his future career.

image: http://www.canaries.co.uk/cms_images/latest-news132-2719210.jpg

Latest News

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-ricky-martin-3672835.aspx#DyhkiCU6XGLEDA2u.99

Lee Darnbrough and Tony Spearing leave City

CITY can confirm Head of Football Recruitment Tony Spearing and Head of Scouting Lee Darnbrough have left the Club with immediate effect.

Darnbrough, 39, arrived in July 2015 to work on City''s player recruitment and performance analysis operation, having previously carried out a similar role at Burnley.

Former Canary player Spearing, 52, made 82 appearances for the Club in the 1980s and returned from Reading to join City’s backroom team and work with Lee in April 2016, having held senior scouting positions at Blackburn and West Bromwich Albion.

The Club would like to thank both of them for their time at Norwich and wish them all the very best for the next challenges in their careers.

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-darnborough-spearing-3672844.aspx#KxDJU73TkQQ3wCV4.99

For me, good news but it would have been more surprising if it hadn''t happened.

As Ricky Martin''s role is outlined above, there''s clearly a large overlap with Webber''s, so no surprise if he has been found redundant.  And our recruitment/scouting haven''t been exactly great recently, you can see why he''s decided to replace the people there too.

But definitely a promising start.

I just wonder if we''re throwing the baby out with the bathwater. All those years of service but how loyal will Ricky Martin''s replacement be?I believe this is the first time Webber has undertaken such a large job of replacing so many people, and it remains to be seen if things will be a success.If it all goes wrong then we risk another season in League One.

[quote user="Len"]I just wonder if we''re throwing the baby out with the bathwater. All those years of service but how loyal will Ricky Martin''s replacement be?I believe this is the first time Webber has undertaken such a large job of replacing so many people, and it remains to be seen if things will be a success.If it all goes wrong then we risk another season in League One.[/quote]Surely it''s a question of Martin''s replacement being better at his job.  It''s all very well being loyal, but if you are no good at your job, loyalty counts for nothing.

[quote user="Len"]I just wonder if we''re throwing the baby out with the bathwater. All those years of service but how loyal will Ricky Martin''s replacement be?

I believe this is the first time Webber has undertaken such a large job of replacing so many people, and it remains to be seen if things will be a success.

If it all goes wrong then we risk another season in League One.
[/quote]

Well, last time didn''t work out so badly.  Better than being perpetually stuck in the Championship, eh Len ?

OldRobert - the point has already been made that we''ve had too much disruption in the past and a lot of continuity has just been lost. The new person might be better but I wonder how long they''ll be here.It''s Character Forming - a bonus of another League One season might be Delia leaving. I''m not holding my breath though!

"It''s Character Forming"

For me, good news but it would have been more surprising if it hadn''t happened

As Ricky Martin''s role is outlined above, there''s clearly a large overlap with Webber''s, so no surprise if he has been found redundant.  And our recruitment/scouting haven''t been exactly great recently, you can see why he''s decided to replace the people there too.

But definitely a promising start.

I think it is as much what we had was a bit ''patchwork'', with staff being added here and there - with possibly not all agreeing who did what and how ''what'' was to be achieved.I don''t think the players signed were as bad as everyone is claiming Was Brady that bad, as with the two recent dutch signings, Oliveira, Pritchard, Pinto, Maddison, even Klose ?The problem was getting them to play in a consistent winning formula. Hence I would be very surprised if there was a massive clear out. We already know who is out of contract so on their way out. What we need is a Ron Saunders approach over the summer where the squad was put through their paces and left with no doubt as to what was expected in the following season. Maybe not up and down Mousehold, but certainly the knowledge drummed in that anything less than promotion will be failure.Lastly this should underline the commitment the club has to success, or ''hambition'' as some would call it. This is not a cheap option as we are always being told on here. Webber must have seen something in the club to move from a club facing a possible promotion to the PL to one who were certainly not going up this season.Fulham will be a good test to see if it was some unknown factor that was holding the squad back, or whether playing Reading who were missing three regular defenders was just a one off.We shall see.

Alf

"Lastly this should underline the commitment the club has to success, or ''hambition'' as some would call it. This is not a cheap option as we are always being told on here. Webber must have seen something in the club to move from a club facing a possible promotion to the PL to one who were certainly not going up this season."

😭

Hallelujah--At last.

We might now have a professional football club to support. Hopefully the club will be run like virgin now rather than a car boot/corner shop.

These 3 appointments were a case of my mate round the corner can do that job, Richard Money also comes into that category.

As for RM getting category 1 for academy etc etc. I would put the praise on Grant Holt/Paul Lambert names for that. The way they changed the winning mentality at the club made all the money required to do all these things at Colney