Sign in to follow this  
staffordshire canary

Ricky Martin....

[quote user="staffordshire canary"]Lee Darnbrough and Tony Spearing set to leave in Latest shakeup apparently.[/quote]Yep, just heard that. Should appease quite a lot of the naysayers... bring on the revolution!

It this is true then I think it is a promising sign of Webber being determined to have a real shake up. Obviously didn''t take him long to form a view as to the quality of our existing behind the scenes "talent."

I have no issue with Ricky Martin - I''ll admit to not knowing his full role and therefore it''d be unfair for me to judge. But if true then Webber really is serious about changing things and it''d appear he''s already made his judgement!

My issue with Ricky Martin is nobody knows what he does, yet he''s managed to earn himself about 5 internal promotions since he was in charge of the academy.... Nobody has even explained what he does or what his role is.

He seems an arrogant character who clearly knew his job was safe, until now. I am very happy to see him leave. Webber is having a massive shake up which is fine by me.

Don''t know anything about Ricky Martin or how he''s performed, I refuse to believe the rumours on here as so many others that I know are rubbish are treated as fact, I can''t say we''ve excelled since he was last promoted though so it''s no great loss I suppose. Happy to see the back of the other two though, their failings are obvious and plain to see.

He described the job himself. Basically overseeing various areas like sports science, nutrition and other things in order to take some of the weight off the manager and CEO. Basically a lot of overlap with Webber''s role but with less responsibility.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JluQoTEg2gU[/quote]I like it.I like this too.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kjtuDvSvtM

Looks like Tilly''s one man campaign is about to bear fruit.He probably hasn''t posted yet as it''s taking a while to wipe down his keyboard. [:D]

personally I blame the cookwho has always blocked any change and doesn''t want the club to move forward... blah blah blaherr.............. until now, it would seem

I''d say Norwich''s recruitment woes are largely down to far too much change over the past few years.

Ewan Chester, Barry Simmonds, Lee Darnbrough and Tony Spearing have all been in charge at some point since Lambert left and this regular turnover of staff is probably a very large factor in the club being somewhat aimless in its recruitment.

Hopefully Webber gets the right people in place and keeps them in place. Chances of replacing everyone by the beginning of the transfer window are pretty much zero though so might be another summer of frustrations.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well we are getting rid of poor to average back room staff lets hope they are replaced with better. Farnborough was a joke appointment in the first place[/quote]LOL!

Story is here now
[url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/technical-director-ricky-martin-and-recruitment-chiefs-lee-darnbrough-and-tony-spearing-reportedly-set-to-leave-norwich-city-1-4973654[/url]

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Looks like Tilly''s one man campaign is about to bear fruit.He probably hasn''t posted yet as it''s taking a while to wipe down his keyboard. [:D]

[/quote]Tilly has been out all day but received a phone call about developments and then a text from somebody else. [;)]It was obvious that there were going to be casualties at Colney and having identified problems onwards and upwards as far as i can see. No place for sentimentality if we intend being serious in our long term ambitions.

@TIL 1010

Tilly has been out all day but received a phone call about developments and then a text from somebody else. Wink [;)]

It was obvious that there were going to be casualties at Colney and having identified problems onwards and upwards as far as i can see. No place for sentimentality if we intend being serious in our long term ambition.

Absolutely bang on Mr Tilson, exciting times.

Hope my name sake Hucks is kept on I know sentiment means nothing ,of course he is my hero besides other people''s hero as well

Can only say that had to be done. Recruitment, and the lack,of it, has been one of the main reasons for the decline under AN.

It shouldn''t come as a surprise to anyone that Stuart Webber will make ruthless changes to get the club back on track. Always a shame when people lose their jobs, if indeed that is the case, but there''s no jobs for life at a football club nowadays

The fact that Ricky gets his own thread and the comments on it should be no surprise. Of course he is the only one of them to leave a lasting legacy with the Cat One Academy. But then this is not the sentiments behind many posts. Well done Ricky Martin and good luck for the future.

This move gives me confidence in our new man. New approach and new blood has been required for so long.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The fact that Ricky gets his own thread and the comments on it should be no surprise. Of course he is the only one of them to leave a lasting legacy with the Cat One Academy. But then this is not the sentiments behind many posts. Well done Ricky Martin and good luck for the future.[/quote]I''m sure there will be many Premier League and Championship clubs making a beeline straight for Mulbarton after the sterling work Ricky''s done for City. I''d be stunned, stunned I tell you to see him end up at some where like Kings Lynn.

[quote user=""][quote user="nutty nigel"]The fact that Ricky gets his own thread and the comments on it should be no surprise. Of course he is the only one of them to leave a lasting legacy with the Cat One Academy. But then this is not the sentiments behind many posts. Well done Ricky Martin and good luck for the future.[/quote]I''m sure there will be many Premier League and Championship clubs making a beeline straight for Mulbarton after the sterling work Ricky''s done for City. I''d be stunned, stunned I tell you to see him end up at some where like Kings Lynn.

[/quote]
That quite succinctly sums up the point I made. 

[quote user="Hucks6"]Hope my name sake Hucks is kept on I know sentiment means nothing ,of course he is my hero besides other people''s hero as well[/quote]

I love Hucks as much as the next guy but he''s no Adam Drury!