Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Nick Mashiter

Nick Mashiter is the Birmingham based football writer who broke the news of Stuart Webber''s appointment and again yesterday, the news that Ricky Martin, Lee Darnborough and Tony Spearing were leaving.The EEN followed with this headline.........."Technical director Ricky Martin and recruitment chiefs Lee Darnbrough and Tony Spearing reportedly set to leave Norwich City".How does a midlands based journo (Charlie Wyett is another), get to break news ahead of our own lot when they are in and around Carrow Rd and Colney most of the time?

[quote user="lappinitup"]Nick Mashiter is the Birmingham based football writer who broke the news of Stuart Webber''s appointment and again yesterday, the news that Ricky Martin, Lee Darnborough and Tony Spearing were leaving.The EEN followed with this headline.........."Technical director Ricky Martin and recruitment chiefs Lee Darnbrough and Tony Spearing reportedly set to leave Norwich City".How does a midlands based journo (Charlie Wyett is another), get to break news ahead of our own lot when they are in and around Carrow Rd and Colney most of the time?[/quote]He''s probably got a better broadband connection in Birmingham.

I believe Mashiter is friends with Stuart Webber - or at least had a professional relationship before. Also, he works for the Press Association, who are seen as independent and well respected.

Most information doesn''t come from leaks or tittle tattle overheard on the training ground, it comes from the clubs directly when they want a certain message to get out. Being close to a club usually hinders getting inside information in my experience and Archant will also avoid spreading unofficial news in case it sours their relationship with the club.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Logical Bethnal, but are Archant not members of the press association ?[/quote]Archant, like most UK papers, will almost certainly subscribe to PA and so be able to use their copy. And from the chronology of what happeneed I suspect that once Mashiter was proved right about his initial Webber tweet/story then Archant was willing to take his PA report about Spearing et al on trust.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]I just can''t take his name seriously. I just wish he''s got a brother called Phil or Rodger......

I''m a child, I know......[/quote]
They had the whole lot nicked out of Bethel Street Police Station back in the day. When asked if he was close to finding a culprits PC Til1010 said he had nothing to go on....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]I just can''t take his name seriously. I just wish he''s got a brother called Phil or Rodger......

I''m a child, I know......[/quote]They had the whole lot nicked out of Bethel Street Police Station back in the day. When asked if he was close to finding a culprits PC Til1010 said he had nothing to go on....[/quote]I remember it well. They just left a big hole in the floor - Tilly said he was looking into it.......[:D]

[quote user="willo"]Also has a vested interest as he is a fan of the club.....[/quote]Journalist and fan who breaks actual stories re NCFC, Charlie Wyatt could learn a thing or two from Mr Mashiter.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]I just can''t take his name seriously. I just wish he''s got a brother called Phil or Rodger......

They had the whole lot nicked out of Bethel Street Police Station back in the day. When asked if he was close to finding a culprits PC Til1010 said he had nothing to go on....
[/quote]We had to use the toilets at May & Baker Social Club when Norwich Police FC played there on a Thursday afternoon but there was never any toilet paper as the resident bog cleaner was too busy calling bingo every time the phantom bog roll thief struck. Poor Mrs Nutty was having to stand guard at the toilet doors every night frisking people as they left in a effort to solve the mystery that remains to this day. [:D][;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]I just can''t take his name seriously. I just wish he''s got a brother called Phil or Rodger......

[/quote]We had to use the toilets at May & Baker Social Club when Norwich Police FC played there on a Thursday afternoon but there was never any toilet paper as the resident bog cleaner was too busy calling bingo every time the phantom bog roll thief struck. Poor Mrs Nutty was having to stand guard at the toilet doors every night frisking people as they left in a effort to solve the mystery that remains to this day. [:D][;)][/quote]
If the case is still on file I think it likely the culprit is a flat chested woman.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]I just can''t take his name seriously. I just wish he''s got a brother called Phil or Rodger...... I''m a child, I know......[/quote]

[/quote]
We had to use the toilets at May & Baker Social Club when Norwich Police FC played there on a Thursday afternoon but there was never any toilet paper as the resident bog cleaner was too busy calling bingo every time the phantom bog roll thief struck. Poor Mrs Nutty was having to stand guard at the toilet doors every night frisking people as they left in a effort to solve the mystery that remains to this day. [:D][;)]
[/quote]

Yes , but is Mashiter squeaky clean?