Sign in to follow this  
0King Juan of SpainddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Francis rubbing it in

It had to happen-he couldn''t keep his mouth shut. Kick us while we''re down, eh tosser?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien Francis believes Wigan are better equipped for top-flight survival than his previous club Norwich City.

The 28-year-old has settled in quickly after moving from Carrow Road following the Canaries'' relegation and scored the winner against Everton.

"I had a taste of the Premiership last season and want a longer one this time," Francis told the Manchester Evening News.

"It is where you want to be as a footballer and the whole of this club is geared towards doing that.

"We are not here to make up the numbers, we are here to stay. With no disrespect to Norwich, Wigan have more quality in most areas."

So he showed quality at the Fulham game?

What a moron, Wigan are only there coz of the money.

Why doesn''t someone ask how he enjoys playing in front of 17 fans every match?

Yes I can hear Francis saying that Wigan weren''t really his first choice nor is he too happy being further away from London in some runty little town ''oop north''.

Nor is he likely to say that the quality there is not those that Paul Jewell wanted by an assortment of misfits and unwanted journeymen who signed on as a last resort.

I have to wonder if we won''t soon have fans on here quoting horoscopes to back up their arguments.

Cue jokes about looking up Uranus !

Why bother reading what he has to say it wouldn''t have come from his mouth anyway the guy can hardly talk a word of sense when ever i saw him on telly IE soccer am.
Anyway we will see how good wigan are come the end of the season somehow i don''t think he will be shouting his mouth off come may.

He''s not having a go at us, he doesn''t even spare a thought for us - we saw that at Craven Cottage.

Wigan are a rich mans play thing - some men buy sports cars, planes, fast women and others football clubs. Good luck to them, they''re just another sign of quite how badly football is run and why we''re all so disillusioned .......

Francis`s goal could have been put away  by  Wigans  tea lady !   all he had to do was jerk his leg forward  , LOL

Its  taken him long enough  to get even that goal !     shouldn`t be too long before Wigan  susses him out

It''s never nice to hear a former player show disrespect to the club. I recall Bellamy making similar "No disrespect to Norwich, but..." remarks after we drew 1-1 at St James'' last season. But footballers aren''t exactly the brightest of folk.

Despite what he has said, Francis is still a better player than Hughes, Jarrett, Marney, and Lisbie all put together.

He has been playing well all season so far, pretty much like he did for us before Christmas, let''s see if it lasts. Wigan have done in about 6 games what we couldn''t do all season; win away from home. Add to that the fact they have already picked up points from their relegation rivals WBA, Sunderland & Everton(?), they HAVE made a promising start, one that we would have killed for last season.

I don''t think he is rubbing it in, just stating his opinion.

i dont think anyone doubted Francis'' ability. What was very much in doubt was his commitment and effort on the pitch after Xmas. Surely that is a far bigger indictment to a player than his ability??????

And lets not slag Wigan off just because they bought Francis, without them we wouldn''t have got anything for him and he would probably be playing in our reserves. They are a small club doing well for themselves. They haven''t splashed out millions and millions, they have spent "prudently" and with their manager they have a good chance of staying up - good luck to them I say.

Mark .Y.