Sign in to follow this  

Fulham in 6th place on 67 points. Us on 60 points.  Next game....against FulhamWin that and will be four points behind the team likely to be in sixth place, with four games remaining.Just saying.

I''d say that the odds are about 50-1 against us reaching the play-offs, but, as you say, if we did beat Fulham the odds would drop to nearer 5-1.

We have the players to do it, & if they got that close they might just grow a collective pair & force us over the line.

And if we did get to the play-offs against such odds ..... :-)

Was saying the same at the game...

Suddenly another win, especially if could carry the confidence into the Preston game just a few days later and get another win the last few games are set up nicely, especially having 3 more at home where we are a lot better

Err....In all competitions we''ve beaten Fulham a grand total of 3 times since 1974. In that same time they have beaten us 15 times, including a 6-0 (to relegate us), a 5-0 and 4-0 twice. The last time we played them we managed to throw away a 2 goal lead and were lucky to survive with a point. In their last 10 games Fulham have won 5 drawn 3 and lost 2, managing to throw a spanner in Newcastle''s works by coming away from St James Park with a convincing 3-1 win.One 7-1 result is not enough to convince me that we are going to change 43 years of history next weekend against a team we always seem to struggle against. Just saying.

Well something''s going to change it Iwan and for me a 7-1 has a pretty good chance of doing the job.

So we just jack it all in then because it''s Fulham?

We can beat Fulham at home. If we do, who knows what will happen in the last 4 games.

Whilst I admire your sentiment Leakey, we have away games at Leeds and PNE, both above us and Brighton at home so it''s not gonna happen!

With Wednesday beating Newcastle 2 nil its not Fulham we are chasing. Infact beating them could hand 6th place to the Owls. Shame as I''d like our bogey team to get promoted so we don''t have to play them next season.

maybe both Weds and Fulham will get into the playoffs with that shower we saw today dropping out of the top 6.

The worst away performance I''ve seen at Carrow Rd in my close to 4 decades of attendance.....a disgrace that we should be below a side like that.

Yeah, nine points off the playoffs now with Sheffield Wednesday currently winning 2-1.

7 points behind Fulham, having to play them next could have made things interesting.

9 points behind Wednesday is impossible in my opinion.

Darth Canary1 wrote the following post at 08/04/2017 7:21 PM:

Hopefully there was much booing today, as the club is a complete shambles. Webber has his work cut out

Plenty of booing at half time, you''d have loved it 👍

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]7 points behind Fulham, having to play them next could have made things interesting.

9 points behind Wednesday is impossible in my opinion.[/quote]Have to agree with you. It would mean Sheff Wed only getting 5 points from their last five games and us winning all five.

So have you finally accepted you are living in a fantasy world Lakey, as we clearly won''t make the play offs?

FAO Smith must score.........Christ on a bike Graham what were we talking about in the pub earlier ? Obviously we thought wrong mate. [:''(]

Yeah we aren''t turning around a 9 point deficit in 5 games, especially as we can''t buy a win away right now.

I''m not sure the club is ready to go up anyway. We know this squad isn''t good enough to stay up and the amount of players needed to be brought in wouldn''t really be workable.

Yes, I know we would get plenty of money going up but the club looks in a such turmoil that money wouldn''t just bee the answer.

I would love to see the new management team spend next season getting the club into a position where promotion could be sustained.

[quote user="ron obvious"]I''d say that the odds are about 50-1 against us reaching the play-offs, but, as you say, if we did beat Fulham the odds would drop to nearer 5-1.

We have the players to do it, & if they got that close they might just grow a collective pair & force us over the line.

And if we did get to the play-offs against such odds ..... :-)[/quote]That I would very, very much doubt.................given that it would require a huge amount of bets to be placed to move odds by that much

keelansgrandad - That''s a fair point. If we have the fifth worst away record in the Championship, what would it be like it the Premier League! Webber''s arrival at least offers some hope for next season. But with the parachute payments only lasting one more season there is pressure to get promoted or there will have to be some serious cost-cutting in a year''s time.

Interesting scenario.

The club is not ready for promotion as we need to rebuild massively. Hard to argue with that.

But rebuilding costs money that we arguably don''t have, so promotion would fund that rebuild.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I''m not sure the club is ready to go up anyway. We know this squad isn''t good enough to stay up and the amount of players needed to be brought in wouldn''t really be workable.

Yes, I know we would get plenty of money going up but the club looks in a such turmoil that money wouldn''t just bee the answer.

I would love to see the new management team spend next season getting the club into a position where promotion could be sustained.[/quote]Disagree, given how many of the past few season we have spend in the PLAs to the squad then with the nigh on £100m to be had I''m sure we could strengthenAnd if we were relegated straight back we would have earned another huge sum, have two years more parachute payments rather than oneAs to turmoil that is just nonsense