Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

At least Webber Knows

Lets hope he knows how much the board will back him financially

if Irvine is going to still be staying for the remaining games, please will Webber tell him to play some of the future team in these meaningless matches eg. Maddison, 2 Murphy''s simultaneously, etc? Can''t do worse.

Letting the 5-6 out of contract players go, who''ve been well paid to barely kick a ball for us this season (and in Lafferty''s case, barely at all in his career here), will save us plenty.

Both Murphy''s played today. Both were pretty poor.

As was Pritchard.

Typical Norwich from one extreme last week to another extreme this week - just as we were excellent last week we were as poor this week - cannot string two wins together and that is what the problem has been this season - last week SD must have thought he had a good idea who the players to keep were however that has all been blown out of the water this week

Unfortunately he has less idea how good the potential of players like Godfrey and Madison is at this level because Irvine won''t give them a chance.

I really wish I knew exactly who''s bright idea it was to build a side and base our recruitment on a team that plays two attacking fullbacks, one DM that''s allowed to wander, anything up to 3 diminutive, technical no.10''s (Most successful teams only play one, if that, and only in certain games) in the team at a time (Usually two with a defensively suspect Murphy) and a striker told to muck in and get involved in the play (despite the fact we technically have 7 in midfield not including the striker with the ball most of the time) all without ever replacing our frail CB''s.

It''s naive to the absolute extreme, the type of system a 14 year old would dream up for football manager. We''ve also backed ourselves into a corner by only being able to play this system.

it''s even much more thoughtless and redundant in English football than Hughton''s Pulisball with a small, immobile poacher system.

The likes of Hughton/Neil/McNally/Martin etc, they can''t be stupid, I just can''t get my head around this mess we''ve gotten ourselves into. We''ve built a team to finish in a respectable position in the Eredivisie or the French Ligue 1. Absolutely suicidally stupid systems for any level of English football.

Webber has a hell of a job on his hands but I''m just so happy someone else is calling the shots now instead of whatever combination of clowns envisaged this shambles of a system. Not one person behind the scenes could complain about losing their job.

Will he be able to turn this around in a season, with the amount of players we will have move on and recruit??

I feel we can forget any prospect of promotion until 2020 at least as it will take at least 4 transfer windows to rebuild a squad capable of doing so. That also assumes we will have the money to do it in that time frame.

Nothing like being negative is there. I actually see us as having a pretty decent squad that obviously needs work - given that it is largely the squad that won promotion/was playing in the PL, there is a capacity for it to play far better/consistently than we have seen this season. Clearly there''s plenty to do, but with the right guy and some judicious signings I don''t see why we can''t do reasonably well next season. I just don''t agree with the miserablist attitude.