Sign in to follow this  
Barking Mad Barclay Boy

players must be pooing themselves

Webber has come in and given things a proper shake up he really is not messing around, i can see a few under achievers out the door in the summer and i wont feel sorry for any of them, let down the fans this season and will get what they deserve. A few surprises i reckon!

Good job too. I think patience will be key with the actual team set up though and there might not be as many leaving as people think.

the problem is that there is a lot of deadwood and they are hard to shift, even for free. the players that are worth anything are generally ones we want to keep hold of.

I doubt they are. Those that are shortly out of contract will surely already know that fate. Those who have contracts will either have those contracts paid up or still be here next season. Those are the strings regardless of who is pulling them.

I''d disagree Nutty, think if you''re out of contract or got another year or two left that changes at the top will affect them to a certain extent.

Some players out of contract might be hoping to stay but will be looking at other options so will be unsettled & worried about their regular pay packet stopping.

Even those with a contract will be worried as they could still be put up for sale though I appreciate they dont have to go but nothing as unsettling as to be somewhere you''re not wanted.

Think where ever you work, drastic changes at the top will affect everyone in some way, well it did me in my career

[quote user="Diane"]I''d disagree Nutty, think if you''re out of contract or got another year or two left that changes at the top will affect them to a certain extent.

Some players out of contract might be hoping to stay but will be looking at other options so will be unsettled & worried about their regular pay packet stopping.

Even those with a contract will be worried as they could still be put up for sale though I appreciate they dont have to go but nothing as unsettling as to be somewhere you''re not wanted.

Think where ever you work, drastic changes at the top will affect everyone in some way, well it did me in my career[/quote]

Totally agree with this, am slightly being affected by similar change and whilst still wanted I might consider change.

Fresh breeze flowing through the club then!

Interesting times

Maybe Diane. But getting your contract paid up in full is an awesome cushion to have. As for those in the last year their agents will already be on the case. It''s hard for us in the real world to understand the power the players have and the way football mollycoddles them. A former player described this as obscene just last week.

[quote user="Diane"]I''d disagree Nutty, think if you''re out of contract or got another year or two left that changes at the top will affect them to a certain extent.

Think where ever you work, drastic changes at the top will affect everyone in some way, well it did me in my career[/quote]Players out of contract will know they are off, that''s why they are out of contract.Most others will have gone through changes of club and management so will not only be resilient but see it as part and parcel of the job.I''m not too sure how many will be moved on. Those out of contract ..... a one or two who have not be ''up to it'' for some while I would think. However when Lambert (plus two) came in in did not require a wholesale change of the squad to get us going again.The question at City is why we have been failing given the quality of players we have. Something somewhere was wrong (another argument) but I''m sure most players will welcome the chance to start again and prove themselves, as against Reading.It will be those, who for various reasons, are not ready/willing to meet that challenge who will be out of the door.

Those that only want to stay here or have a negotiation under way / upcoming will be most concerned & I agree most will will naturally wonder what is about to happen and how that will affect them.

However I doubt any of them are so anxious that they are about to lose control of their bowels. I would be surprised if any of the players will actually end up out of work purely due to any Webber-lead changes.

Lot of players will be rubbing their hands in glee, knowing that the massive restructuring makes them even more secure. Norwich are looking at having to do at least 10 transfers in this summer and about the same amount out. The last thing they want is suddenly Alex Pritchard, Nelson Oliveria or Howson saying ''new, bigger contract now or I''m putting in a transfer request''.

Players live in the knowledge that they could be shifted on at any point, but a transfer generally means they get paid their large ''loyalty'' bonus by Norwich and a large signing on fee by their new club. Can''t imagine anyone is ''pooing'' themselves.

ZLF wrote; However I doubt any of them are so anxious that they are about to lose control of their bowels. I would be surprised if any of the players will actually end up out of work purely due to any Webber-lead changes.

I agree with that ZLF, however most of them wont get as good a deal as they are on now i suspect.

You''ve got to feel sorry for the likes of Lafferty, Turner, Jarvis, Mulumbu etc seeing their 30 to 40 thousand pounds a week not going into their bank A/C''s

Fans should have a whip round if they fall on hard times and have to actually pay for their drinks/meals out etc

You''ve got to love Webber after the Spearing and Martin cull

Those who want to stay and are out of contract might be a little concerned - Ruddy for example. People like Mulumbu and Lafferty will have their agents already working on where they''ll end up next season, but clubs are hardly likely to be queuing up based on their performances this season.

My take on it is that many of the players had lost faith in AN some time ago, and often on the pitch they didn''t look well-coached/organised.  Clearly a new coach means uncertainty for them, but a decent prospect that these things can improve.

Yes, footballers do get paid huge amounts but equally it''s hugely insecure.  You have a fixed term contract, and at the end of it, who knows what happens next.  You can be one of the best players at a club, and they bring in someone in your position and suddenly you''ve lost your place and you can be on a downward spiral. Or you can have a serious injury at any time and your whole career is in jeopardy.  Not many of us have to deal with that sort of pressure.

Some players who are out of contract, or were out of favour, may see it as a chance for a new start.  I''m sure there are some who can''t wait to get out the door and some who are sure they''re for the exit no matter what.

Im sure this is partly behind the bounce effect when a new manager comes in. Suddenly players feel insecure and buckle down.

Whilst a clearout is definitely required I submit a Roeder-esque note of caution. Roeder was perhaps the last person to be ruthless and it worked very well in the short-term, but things soon got sour. Hopefully Webber isnt a tw*t.

Also saw something in an article today saying we had underused the loan system.

Please, please, no loans

^Considering how many players we are going to need to sign I think loans were inevitable. Certainly wouldn''t say no to something Dijks, Mooy or Kachungaesque next year.

I agree loans are are blight on the system but in the short term, as has been said, look inevitable.

And I would imagine Webber has worked comfortably within that system.

Loans are not necessarily a bad thing.  Lambert used the system effectively to improve the squad when we were promoted - we couldn''t have afforded those signing permanently. 

Roeder just over-used it so we just ended-up over-dependant on loan players and the squad gradually got weaker over time.

[quote user="daly"]You''ve got to feel sorry for the likes of Lafferty, Turner, Jarvis, Mulumbu etc seeing their 30 to 40 thousand pounds a week not going into their bank A/C''s

Fans should have a whip round if they fall on hard times and have to actually pay for their drinks/meals out etc

You''ve got to love Webber after the Spearing and Martin cull[/quote]Some of those are out pf contract so would not be getting paid after June irrespective of who is now the DoF.Similarly Spearing, Martin and Darnbrough wil have had their contracts paid up so they will not be short of a bob or two.Perhaps you are from  suffolk as you don''t sound too bright

I''d agree that a couple of loans could really help next season. A decent centre half or striker (Abraham from Chelsea has done very well at Bristol City).

Alf Tupperware wrote

Perhaps you are from suffolk as you don''t sound too bright

Alf

First my remark about feeling sorry for the players on £30000 a week being hard up was a touch of sarcasm.

Second Alf SUFFOLK should be a capital S

Stand in the corner and don''t play with yourself

Players to let go:

McGovern, ruddy, whittaker, Bennett, Klose, bassong, mulumbu, naismith, lafferty, jarvis

players maybe need to go: Martin, tettey, wildschut

players who may go that we don''t want to: pritchard, pinto, howson, dijks, olivera

doesn''t leave much left... Webber has a huge job on his hands.

Tettey''s Jig wrote the following post at 2017-04-14 8:16 PM:

Players to let go:

McGovern, ruddy, whittaker, Bennett, Klose, bassong, mulumbu, naismith, lafferty, jarvis

players maybe need to go: Martin, tettey, wildschut

players who may go that we don''t want to: pritchard, pinto, howson, dijks, olivera

doesn''t leave much left... Webber has a huge job on his hands.

Think you are spot on there TJ.

I think players that may need to go may well include Wes. Yes great little player on his day, but age now against regular appearances! Don''t see a new coach using him as he has been of late as consistency will be the key! Same with Jerome and Tettey.

Pritchard may well be headed for the South Coast as Brighton will finally get their man this time round. He is prem quality. Let''s hope we get our money+ back and Howson will be a wanted man, probably by Leeds, who could also be prem!

Don''t see Djiks staying either, he would have signed first time round if so!

Yep certainly doesn''t leave much other than the bright young talent waiting in the wings. Don''t see anything being a quick fix, as Webber says patience will be required, and promotion will be way down the line.