People who say ''I''ve paid for my ticket, I''m entitled to boo'' are right, but don''t kid yourself that you''re supporting Norwich when you do it.

And just because you and three of your mates think Worthy is entirely to blame and should be sacked, post numerous messages online and work yourself into a hysteria about a disappointing first quarter of a season does not constitute a ''groundswell of opinion''.

When you have a petition signed by 12,000 fans (i.e. more than half of the Norwich fans present at Reading) then you can talk about a groundswell of support, but while you have about a dozen you should retain a little humility.

I vote for Worthy to stay and continue building the club up from where it was when he took over.

[quote]People who say ''I''ve paid for my ticket, I''m entitled to boo'' are right, but don''t kid yourself that you''re supporting Norwich when you do it. And just because you and three of your mates think Worth...[/quote]

Hear hear.  Where I sit in the ground, there is some usual moaning, but the overall opinion is that we have been unlucky so far.  Lots of "if onlys". 

Booing your team is NEVER for the good of the players - there is nothing more disheartening to players to hear this.  Want to drive Ashton, Green, Saf etc out, go ahead and boo.

Think Davenport is going to really want to come to a team where the players get booed.

Supporting a club like Norwich is always going go have its ups and downs, usually more downs than ups.  If you want more ups, I have heard that season tickets at Stamford Bridge are quite easy to get hold of, due to the predictability and boring football!

I have been a supporter of worthy all season, Attack the fans with a verbal assault and you lose it. I pay my money I support the team vocally 100% during games. If I want to show my frustration I aim it at the top. It''s what football is all about, The fans.
Worthy Thinks Very little of us, and I can now show very little respect. simpy as that.

You have no right saying I don''t support Norwich if you boo, it''s because we support the club with a passion, and to try and pull us out of this mess. The Players need a good kick up the backside, and if they here the boos they know how to put it right.

Start Bl**dy winning..............

I have been a supporter of worthy all season, Attack the fans with a verbal assault and you lose it. I pay my money I support the team vocally 100% during games. If I want to show my frustration I aim it at the top. It''s what football is all about, The fans.
Worthy Thinks Very little of us, and I can now show very little respect. simpy as that.

You have no right saying I don''t support Norwich if you boo, it''s because we support the club with a passion, and to try and pull us out of this mess. The Players need a good kick up the backside, and if they here the boos they know how to put it right.

Start Bl**dy winning..............

thank god for someone sensible!!!!!

people are getting so worked up, finding any tiny excuse to get at Worthy, even accusing him of going against medical advice. Next thing he''ll be up for murder!!!!

personally i think some of the ''fans'' on this board need their heads examined. I''m not saying Worthy is perfect, far from it, but people are so fickle.... ''why doesn''t worthy critise the players'' and when he does it''s ''he shouldn''t pass the blame on to the players''.

''Worthy doesn''t listen to what the fans want'' but they wouldn''t want a manager who is easily swayed!!!!!!!

I was walking home from the game at the weekend and all i could hear on the way home was ''....i''ve never liked Worthington......'', funny how you never hear that when times are better....

There''s a song for people like you......

''You only sing when your winning.....''

i think Alan Hanson summed it up best on Match of the Day; ''when a club is going through a tough time, the players, supporters and manager need to stick together to get out of it.''

Couldn''t agree more.

I was at Watford, i saw the first half and was so angry at how we ''played'' (loose term there), but i''ll carry on supporting no matter what other people think.

Sorry this has turned into a long rant, but i just can''t believe some of the comments on here....

dicky

i think everyone who attends carrow road can relate to what you say, i have sat in every part of it during my long (suffering) love affair with the canaries

at present i sit in the lower barclay and as you point out, where i am too,  there are moaners, and people who think we have been unlucky, whatever opinion we all have, i think it is vital not to let that get through to the players

i know i hold that often castigated holier than thou stance of never booing/leaving early, however disappointed or angry i am (and believe me right now i am both) - this is just my way of supporting the team and the way i deal with it is to have a rant on here, other boards and a good moan in the pub afterwards

i am sure the players are aware of how we all feel, they have family, friends etc who attend the games, whether the view is positive or negative

I don''t think it''s about liking or disliking Worthington, or wanting him to go or to stay and we don''t need the disruption of a manager leaving but, on Saturday the Diamond wasn''t working and Worthington''s changes seemed to make things worse and for the first time I felt the players utter confusion and disbelief, the crowd went silent and I just thought that we looked hopeless in every sense. The penalty miss didn''t really matter to me as I felt that we were so bereft of ideas by this time we deserved little else.

Then Worthy finally gets asked something a bit searching, has a flip and then angrily bites his lip, but we all know that he''s at breaking point and you have to wonder where it''s all going.

Still, see you Tuesday, only 6 hours in the car, why should he care what we think? 

continue building? you have to be having a laugh....we''re worse off than when he started - and we have a better - more expensive team....worthy is a joke and he is quickly turning the club into one - do i think davenport will want to come to a club where the fans boo? fair point - but look at the flip side of that....do YOU think davenport will want to a club who are bottom of the league with a joke of a manager who slags off the fans when they disagree with his bizarre tactics and just downright stupid substitutions? do YOU think davenport will want to come to a club where even if he is dangerously injured and will need brain scans - will not be substituted because he is the star player? do YOU think davenport will want to come to a club playing in league two because the board bottled out of taking the appropriate action and get rid of their mate? we''re a quarter of the way through the season, and we''re one place above relegation - does that fill you with confidence - having played awful football so far with strange tactics, no unity or solidarity? because id say the way we look - id start considering putting a bet on us going down again, and to be honest - i will always back anyone who pulls on a yellow and green shirt and i disagree with booing the players - but often the "boo boys" arent booing the team - they''re booing worthington for his complete lack of any tactical knowledge.... i dont blame the players for this - they can only do so much within the "formations" that worthless puts them in, and what can they do when the players who are playing best appear to be the ones who get subbed? worthless is to blame for this - this is not a witch hunt - i backed worthy at start of season but this can''t continue and things WILL NOT get better under his charge, if im wrong il eat my words but i doubt very much he is the man to sort this out....and to say we played well on saturday is absolutely absurd - i dont know what game he was watching but im sure it wasnt norwich vs reading! when the worthy out brigade started - the worthy backers or "keep faithers" as theyre also known gave him ten games......well sorry nige and nige lovers - but the ten games u requested are up....how many more do you want? get this man out of my club before he destroys the basis of a very good team.....

[quote]continue building? you have to be having a laugh....we''re worse off than when he started - and we have a better - more expensive team....worthy is a joke and he is quickly turning the club into one - ...[/quote]

Tom

"do YOU think davenport will want to come to a club playing in league two "

I hadn''t realised we could be relegated twice before Christmas. Christ, we ARE in a crisis then. Still, we''ll be in League two with some good clubs like Everton, so it''s not all bad.

"we''re worse off than when he started ". Please expand on how the club is in a worse position than under Hamilton? I must have dreamt the last few seasons and the Prem games, the the quality of Green, Ashton, Safri, Huckerby etc.

"i dont know what game he was watching "

Coppell thought they were lucky to get away with the points and that we were in charge for large parts of the game.

I didn''t like the result, and I didn''t agree with the substitutions. My point is, your post typifies some of the hysteria on these boards. Anyone would think we were just beaten 5-0 at home, about to be relegated and going into Adminnistration or something. Two wins and we''ll be up near the top 6. No wonder the media laugh at some fans....

One question: is Dowie "destroying" Palace?

i didnt say we''d be relegated before christmas - but if we''re bottom of the league ten points inside relegation zone, which i can concievably see then id say itd look pretty likely we''ll be playing scunthorpe next season, and i meant league one - stupid FA changing all the names ....

as for are we worse off than under hamilton? lets ask the league table shall we? i dont think the club are in a worse state - but i think the squad are EVEN MORE demoralised than they were under hamilton and i didnt think that was possible....

and ok we had prem football for a season, and it was great watching us get beat every week because worthless didnt sort out the obvious problem of a shaky defence and in fact sold malky thus getting rid of the solidarity and the only partner fleming has ever had that has been able to cover for flem''s mistakes as well as do his own job - effectively weakening the defence.

as for reading - we created three chances in the whole match - hardly a dominant performance is it?

oh yeah -  i wonder if forest fans felt like this before they went down into league one? "we had a season in the prem so therefore cannot be relegated" - amarillo et al appear to believe this - but sheff weds, forest and others will serve only to act as a blueprint for our demise unless we rid ourselves of the moron - anyone else reckon worthless could be a binner trying to sabotage us...?

I think the point that Tom''s trying to get across is that we should be doing so much better with the squad that we''ve got at our disposal. When Hamilton was in charge, we had a dire squad and little money to spend; this isn''t the case now, so we shouldn''t be at the foot of the table. If we were regularly playing well and losing, people could accept that. At the moment we look disorganised, demotivated and bereft of ideas, a situation that has been getting worse and worse over the past 16 months - the results speak for themselves.   

Good god...how else can you let the club now at matches except by booing..jeering ...I turn my back or  won''t applaud..

after 40 odd years of going... I don''t really care what others think or call me (as long as it is not late for me tea)  heard it all before....

[quote]i didnt say we''d be relegated before christmas - but if we''re bottom of the league ten points inside relegation zone, which i can concievably see then id say itd look pretty likely we''ll be playing sc...[/quote]

"but if we''re bottom of the league ten points inside relegation zone, which i can concievably see"..

If you can concievably see that then..well..

"as for reading - we created three chances in the whole match - hardly a dominant performance is it?"

Hucks through on goal, Deano through on goal, Hughes through on goal, penalty, lisbies shot saved, colin blazing not too far over the bar, deanos header.. There were more but my memory doesnt last as long as it once did.

As someone earlier stated, for those of you that boo - Theres a famous football chant that applies. "You only sing when your winning"

"Attack the fans with a verbal assault and you lose it." What drivel. He replied to a half witted question. That hardly constitutes a verbal assault

"Worthy Thinks Very little of us " Of course, see above. More over excited drivel.

"The Players need a good kick up the backside, and if they here the boos they know how to put it right. "

Even by your standards that''s pretty dim. Firstly we are told that it''s Worthy''s fault through tactics, coaching, picking the wrong squad etc now it appears it''s the lack of booing that''s been the fault.

So what is wrong with the players Ronbol ?

The lack of booing or Worthy''s management skills ?

Questions for Amarillo....

"Two wins and we''ll be up near the top 6."

1) This assumes that the Clubs above us don''t collect any points whilst we get our 2 wins?

2) So far it has taken 10 games to amass 2 wins, and you are calculating how many matches to  get the next 2 wins?

People who say ''I''ve paid for my ticket, I''m entitled to boo'' are right, but don''t kid yourself that you''re supporting Norwich when you do it.

So what should people do? Keep cheering obviously bad performances and bad coaching decisions?

Maybe its because we CARE about NCFC that we don`t want to see it go down the path of Notts Forrest and Man City.

Its better to take action sooner rather than later. (as in too late!)

The manager never picks the same team or formation twice. He is throwing stuff against the wall hoping something will stick.

Please tell us all how we should voice our disapproval?

The realistic fans know that if we are mid table or worse at Christmas then look for some of our better player to look elsewhere.

That will really help our cause to get NCFC back in the prem.

Mr. Worthington needs to remember that all Managers, however distinguished live or die by the results they achieve. I think the Club has made great strides in the last few years and is generally very well-run BUT I think supporters have every right to wonder if the undoubted talent at the Club is being used to the best advantage. I do wonder about the coaching side of things occasionally and I do realise that one member of the staff has only recently returned from serious illness. Do we, even now, appreciate as we should our extreme good fortune in the level of support we receive, looking at the attendances elsewhere in our division and below it, I am still mystified after 60 years of support how we still love to regard ourselves as a little club.

I don''t agree with booing but I do think the supporters are entitled to ask why the Club is not doing better at this time. Some of us believe it it time for the Club to realise its potential. Patience is a virtue but it needs to be sweetened with a little success.

[quote]"Attack the fans with a verbal assault and you lose it." What drivel. He replied to a half witted question. That hardly constitutes a verbal assault "Worthy Thinks Very little of us " Of course, see ...[/quote]

a half witted question?! what planet are you on? that was a relevant question towards the obvious discontent that rang out around carrow road when worthy made yet another bizarre and stupid substitution.

so he doesn''t have a low opinion of us? surely if he had a high opinion of us then he wouldnt insult our intelligence after slagging us off then instead of apologising, trying to justify it pretending to apologise? i havent heard any other manager whos had any level of success say he doesnt care what the fans think. THE FANS ARE THE CLUB - IF HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT US, HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT NORWICH CITY FC.

If I said i didnt care what the people who paid my wages thought, do you think i''d still have a job?

agreed on the booing tho - its not the way forward and will achieve nothing - cheer our hearts out for the boys - but another poor performance and let it be known who is responsible for this....worthless has made his obed and now he must lie in it - but thats quite fortunate - he seems to be VERY capable of lying....

i think it is fairly obvious it is worhless'' ineptness to handle pressure which is the problem...he cant cope with chris goreham and he cant cope with it on the touchline so decides the more bizarre the change, the better off we''ll be......but any way lads, none of this matters - for two reasons:

A) think of the energy levels

B) "I dont care what (any of) you think, im in charge!"

Those of you who said we shouldn''t boo no matter how bad it gets, could you give us another option that will get across our anger at the performances and results we''ve had to endure since the start of last season. I''m sure as you''re SO clever you can come up with an alternative to booing.

I very rarely boo, and have not yet this season, but I cannot see how some people stand and applaud the team at the final whistle when we have played poorly and lost. This is basically saying "never mind, well played, better luck next time chaps" - the players must think they are performing well when they are in fact not...

[quote]I very rarely boo, and have not yet this season, but I cannot see how some people stand and applaud the team at the final whistle when we have played poorly and lost. This is basically saying "never m...[/quote]

"but I cannot see how some people stand and applaud the team at the final whistle when we have played poorly and lost"

I stand and applaud at the end of games so let me explain why, for me it is a sign of respect to the players, despite some poor team performances so far this season I honestly don''t believe that the individual players are not trying, they are simply not performing as a team, for that the management team must take the lion''s share of the blame. I have to say I haven''t applauded very enthusiastically when we''ve lost but you only have to look at the example set by Andy Hughes who makes a point of appluading the crowd at the end of every game (now he''s team capt. I''d like to see him encourage all of the players to do this) to see that we are important to the players at least. As such it seems fair to me to applaud them off.

Dare say you won''t agree (why should you we are all entitled to our views) but hopefully you understand a little better why I do it.

Here''s hoping for 3 points tonight and we can all applaud happily