Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Foe One Week Only...Wazzy's Ref Watch

Sorry I can''t help myself this week!

Andy Madley

Disappointed with some of his decisions in the first half not to caution some of the Fulham players for some of the cynical fouls that had been committed. After having taken the lead the Fulham players were extremely slow taking Throw ins, Goal Kicks etc. - no cards or warnings. Chris Martin had to go, stupidity on his part - I look forward to more of the same next season when he''ll be playing for Derby.

How many times do the City players need to be told to play on until the Ref stops the game for injuries? There has got to be something done about players rolling around as if they have a broken leg, Ref stops the game and 30 seconds later they are challenging Usain Bolt for the 100 metres

Second Half - I fail to see how he could give the penalty. he had no clear view of that from his position and the Assistant did not flag, although he did have a clear view. I genuinely felt it was a bit soft. Referees and the football authorities must understand that fans do not want to see time wasting on the scale that we witnessed today. Bettinelli should have been yellow carded ages before he was and Red carded for his blatant and persistent time wasting. Watching the ball go out for a Fulham throw then watch their players bend over pull up their socks, adjust various items of clothing then wander to pick up the ball - a couple of yellow cards show you mean business and stops all of that. just to add insult to injury the ref even let them get away with kicking the ball away on at least a couple of occasions which is unforgivable.

Andy Madley - Grow a pair, and actually watch the game would be my advice

And if it had been City 2-0 up, and down to ten men! I''m sure you would feel the same. And the penalty - according to SSN/ Norfolk/five live etc etc a stonewaller!!

Typical Championship ref. Let too much go and lost control of the game.

He did actually warn the goalkeeper in the first half, 4 times. Then he left it, as all refs do. Then eventually he booked him in the second half, and he had dealt with it. The keeper was then free to carry on timewasting at will as the ref would have never sent him off.

As for the penalty, it looked stonewall (from the n&p) and the ball was over hit and going out. Bennett cost us a goal again - 3 goals in 3 games from him is good going...

Martins red card I thought was harsh - if that was a red then so was Dijks elbow in the second half.

Then we had the bizarre notion of players falling over at will rolling around like they had been shot. It looked like the ref ignored it most of the times though. We needed to be cuter in the first half when a player went down injured but Fulham played on, only for the attack to break down. They they demanded we put the ball out and Tettey panicked, stood with the ball for about 30 seconds before putting it out. Fulham should not dictate when the ball should be played out. If they were happy to play on then we should not have put the ball out. Also when it was a drop ball with the keeper but all of our players decided to stand and watch him with the ball at his feet...

Biggest decision the ref got wrong today was the red card, i''m not doubting there was contact made but certain not intentional or with excessive force,

Had Martin stayed on then Fulham would probably been more attacking in the second half and beaten us 3-1

Agree the time wasting was poor but until the refs actually penalise teams/players with red cards then it will be part and parcel of the game,

The ref was poor but he got the penalty right. The red card seemed a bit harsh but I was miles away from the Upper Barclay.

Fulham gave us a lesson in how to manage the game and the ref. If we''d done the same at Newcastle, we''d have held on for the 3 points. I agree that he was a weak ref who allowed Fulham to dictate the flow of play and missed a number of opportunities to book their players for time wasting and for the two late fouls on Howson.

I thought he no control yesterday, and was very poor, but in the balance of fairness, last week''s Ref was shocking.

The standard of Refs these days is appalling, and needs to be addressed.

We, as a team, are ridiculously woeful at dealing with/handling, Refs

There''s ways and means of time wasting and I would be equally peed off with NCFC if they took it as far as Fulham yesterday - it is completely unnecessary and I certainly don''t pay to watch players cheating.