Sign in to follow this  
0ridgemanddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Is Irvine part of the problem

Irvine has said that he doesn''t want the managers job and that makes me wonder whether he is happy to coast along and this has rubbed off on his players.

I don''t want to overestimate their talents but under Lambert the likes of Bennett and Turner were good enough for the premiership since then they have become bit part players Bassong (although capable of a mistake at any time) isn''t good enough for the bench. The defence looks a total shambles, unorganised, all over the place, it would appear the players are content to coast along as well is this starting from the top.

Against Fulham we were slow and lethargic in our build up play whereas Fulham attacked at pace why can''t we adopt the same style are our coaching team not up to it.

"under Lambert the likes of Bennett and Turner were good enough for the premiership since then they have become bit part players"err, that was a few seasons back, players do get older

Fenway Frank wrote

How do you explain Reading then ?

Because Reading were one of the worst teams to come to CR this season on par with Coventry City in that cup game whatever that Cup is called

An absolute shambles with passes going out of play almost laughable how they performed in that game. Probably similar to the majority of City away games CRAP

Turner wasn''t here under Lambert.

Bassong and Turner were the last decent patnership we had in PL. Bassong is probably still the best we have.

Bassong doesn''t keep his concentration, and as a result makes too many costly errors. His ability is let down by his head (off pitch antics and on pitch concentration). His career CV for club relegations doesn''t read too well for a "defender".

[quote user="YorkshirePudding"]Irvine never said he didn''t want the job, he said he wasn''t going to apply.[/quote]Yes, every time he has been asked, to my knowledge he has always answered that he won''t be applying, which is different from saying he doesn''t want the job.   He speaks very well - sounds level headed and intelligent.  I wonder if he is just saying I''m here, you know what I can do and what I am about, so if you want me all you have to do is ask.  He recognises and knows the problems, knows all the players and that a clear out is needed.  Could do worse imo.

[quote user="djc"]Bassong doesn''t keep his concentration, and as a result makes too many costly errors. His ability is let down by his head (off pitch antics and on pitch concentration). His career CV for club relegations doesn''t read too well for a "defender".[/quote]
Bassongs lapses cost goals but no more than Martin, Klose and Bennett''s do. And if you take out those lapses I believe he''s a better player than the others. For me he''s certainly a better captain than Martin. However he''s hardly worth another contract, it''s time to move on. As for relegations, that''s pretty much the pool we fish from and the best that players leaving here get. Snodgrass to Hull. Brady to Burnley. Turner to Norwich. Bassong to Norwich. Alternatively we take a punt on an untried younger player like Bennett. Or someone we can afford from abroad like Klose. The reason we haven''t improved is because we can''t get better proven players and the gambles haven''t paid off.

[quote user="lake district canary"]He recognises and knows the problems, knows all the players and that a clear out is needed.  Could do worse imo.

[/quote]Webber has already ruled him out (rightly so IMO).

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YorkshirePudding"]Irvine never said he didn''t want the job, he said he wasn''t going to apply.[/quote]Yes, every time he has been asked, to my knowledge he has always answered that he won''t be applying, which is different from saying he doesn''t want the job.   He speaks very well - sounds level headed and intelligent.  I wonder if he is just saying I''m here, you know what I can do and what I am about, so if you want me all you have to do is ask.  He recognises and knows the problems, knows all the players and that a clear out is needed.  Could do worse imo.

[/quote]

And yet hasn''t improved any of the performances or results, and is playing the same team+formation (apart from Pritchard) week in week out.

Would just prefer a completely fresh start, with new ideas

Intrinsic part of the Scottish clown collective . Of course he is partly responsible , together with AN he has helped our squad decline to a disorganised rabble with no confidence and very little enthusiasm for the job.

Should have gone already , new ideas needed now more than ever after 2 seasons of failure .

"He recognises and knows the problems, knows all the players and that a clear out is needed. Could do worse imo."

Sorry. I can''t believe I just read that.

He has to share some of the blame with Neil for our last two seasons. Everything from fitness levels through tactics, team selection and onto transfer dealings have been mentioned on this forum as being reason to criticise the last regime. A consistent factor has been Irvine and you want him kept on? Unbelievable.

In what way has he done enough to justify being our next manager?

Since his temporary role it has been same as. He has made no impact whatsoever. He should never have been given his current role in the first place.

Him and Neil between them have manufactured our season of massive disappointment.

The sooner he marches his coaching skills back to Scotland the better. A total nonentity of an individual as far as City are concerned.

New brush desperately needed.

He joined July 2016 Broadstairs. Think you''re being a tad harsh apportioning blame to him for the past TWO seasons.

Fair enough.

I lose track a bit these days.

Doesn''t change my opinion though.

New brush needed..

Thanks anyhow.

Possibly makes it worse CDan.

It has already been noted that many of our players seem to have gone backwards and have not lived up to expectations in this season of massive disappointment.

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 16/04/2017 4:15 PM:

How do you explain Reading then ?

================================================

Scores like this just ''happen'' from time to time.

Can you not remember the season that we finished our highest ever in the Premiership (3rd) when we visited Blackburn?

Score - Blackburn Rovers 7 Norwich City 1 yet we finished a point ahead of Blackburn.

These things happen occasionally.