The players who have trotted out for Norwich this season - probably all millionaires - ought to be ashamed of themselves! At the 1st sign of difficulty, they appear to crumble (it started at Newcastle). Do they have no pride? No backbone? No feeling of obligation to the tens of thousands who pay their money week in and week out to see them perform? Obviously not!

Luke Shaw got dropped by Mourinho because he wasn''t giving 100% all the time - just as well he isn''t our manager, or we wouldn''t be able to put out a full team! Could you see the likes of SAF, Brian Clough or Ron Saunders putting up with this half-hearted approach by most of the players? What is the captain doing? Is there a captain? Certainly not leading by example - who ever he is (I know who is SUPPOSED to be captain, but in reality, he is not a captain''s backside).

Oh for the days of the Duncan Forbes or Grant Holts of this world. They wouldn''t have put up with such shameful behaviour.

Maybe the cosiness certain players feel at this club, the lack of challenge, has given them a sense of misplaced power - especially now that they have managed see off Chris Hughton and Alex Neil. We can only hope that Mr Webber sorts out the rot - and gets rid of those who aren''t prepared to give it their all for the club.

Prior to the game today against Fulham, the pundits were talking about how the prospect of managing Norwich would make most managers salivate at the opportunity, they felt the squad was premier league quality along with Newcastle. Maybe on paper - but when push comes to shove and they are on the field of play - the squad often as not becomes a group of dysfunctional individuals. Unfortunately, this rubs off on the few players who are worth their salt.

I think the myth that this squad is premier league standard has been fully laid to rest. They''ve proved these past few months that they are barely Championship standard.

I can''t imagine for one minute that Brighton, Newcastle and whoever else gets promoted, will be sniffing around Carrow Road to strengthen their squads ahead of next season.

Maybe the Murphys at a stretch, but plenty of work to be done on their inconsistencies.

I would say on paper, with the last two seasons on their cv, this squad is looking threadbare, gutless, and grossly over-rated, with players earning sums of money far in excess of their ability and contribution on the field of play.

In fact half the squad (too many to mention) have been a complete joke this season and would have been better used inside a cracker this Christmas gone......

Clubs in this league usually end up the season where they deserve to be.

It''s a long haul and eventually the rubbish sinks to it''s depth whilst the class rises to the top.

A lot of our players seem to have gone backwards this season.

From the majority of the team that nearly avoided relegation and had some famous moments during that season we had every right to expect more.

We were widely tipped for promotion after all, yet these players have failed to live up to expectations.

They cannot all have universally deteriorated, or at least as many of them.

Is it an attitude thing? A confidence thing? Or have they all suddenly become useless? Was/is it a management issue?

I use the term ''all,'' but there have been some exceptions on occasions.

John Ruddy''s decline sums it up. He''s not the ''keeper of old that once played for England, instead he has become inconsistent and mistake prone.

i said on here a couple of months ago that Norwich is a grave yard of ambition. A place players who are no longer good enough or simply don''t have the hunger for it come for an easy pay day.Yes I would include Howson, Wes and Klose in that too. Any quality is snapped up but at every transfer window we fail to attract quality.Many of the players have been here for years, we seem lumbered as no one else wants them.I agree re Ruddy - a shadow of the keeper we first signed, he crumples rather than dives for saves. No longer seems to have the command he once had. I wouldn''t be suprised if he''s either 2nd (or 3rd) choice next season or even not here.The first thing Webber needs to do is change the ethos... from costa del Norwich to "work or you''re out".The shameful thing for me is that the board allowed the club to turn into the graveyard it is.

Agree with much of these two posters views. I think we should be fishing from different pools in future recruitment....players who have been watched with the potential skillsets and hunger from lower leagues, foreign leagues, players perhaps with something to prove, perhaps who are not multi millionaires with that awful sense if entitlement that goes with it.

It is hard as a player to be surrounded much of the time by sychophantic / comfortable / shielded cultures to then fight for the team all the time on the playing field. They get transported everywhere first class, in luxury, they get nutritional support, all manner of pastoral support and access to the best sporting resources few of us could ever dream of. Some, not all, think of fans as idiots (which of course some are!). If you are a young man with all the support and money they have you could forgive them not having the maturity or sheer perspective to handle it. Sine players when you neet them are humble, take the time to speak, understand you as,a fan, others think they are above you. Perhaps we have too many of the latter. They are career footballers blessed with great skills but no special interest in the history of the club they represent. Russell Martin is one who does, although he is not perfect as a player, he obviously cares a lot. So that speaks to me.

It is all through football nowadays because of wages, TV money. But Stuart Webber needs to find a collective sense of Norwich City responsibility and pride in the team of 2017/18. Alex Neil understood what he wanted but like many managers failed ( with bigger egos upsetting the apple cart). The new new manager will have a big role in creating a new culture again.

Oh well, there us next year. This one has been wasted.

I think realistically we all knew they were not premier league standard. If we were lucky under AN we could get 17th.

Many players, such as ruddy, have had their better years. They had reached peaks, which got us up under lambert with two successive promotions. Many additions along the way raised those positions but not enough to have those new additions excel or lift the team performance.

AN and team only added Brady, a winger who we played at full back to a team with a lot of holes as we started the prem campaign. We added defenders but far too late and by this point we were walking to relegation as we had under hughton. Btw delighted for him and Brighton, we needed to act sooner.

This season the apathy on show at every level is Appauling. Players have not lived up to expectations, however they are over inflated. The result against Newcastle away and Fulham were moments where we dropped five points. Not only that the penny should have dropped and action taken. The writing was on the wall then.

If you are top professionals with the desire to go back to the prem those two results don''t happen. From then I lost faith that the group and manager had it.

We have wasted an opportunity and now webber starts with a threadbare squad. Expectations are lower and if we got back again a miracle would be 17th. There are big clubs of a similar size in this division and league 1. We have no right for prem football but it makes me sick how we have wasted our chances.

Good post.

Most of our issues stem from a lack of mental strength and professional pride from the players. Jerome, Oliviera, Hoolahan/Pritchard (mostly), Ja.Murphy, Howson, Dijkes and Pinto can, for the most part hold their heads high. The rest have badly let down the club, themselves and the fans this year.

Yes the system the club has tried to build a team round is moronic and suicidal and the manager for most of the year has hindered the players more than helped them but we''ve just witnessed so many no shows, individuals not putting in a shift, heads dropping, giving up after set backs etc that most of the players have undone all the goodwill they''d built up in previous seasons.

Apart from the names I listed I''d be more than happy to see all of them out the door (young players also excluded). Won''t happen, but given their ability, experience and how much they cost they''ve been every bit as woeful (accounting for the difference in quality) as our last Championship relegation team.

I can''t wait for this season to be over now and the rebuilding to start. I just hope we can finish top half and avoid another humiliating thrashing in the final 4 games. That''s a lot to ask of this fe(kless lot, I''m hoping that more than expecting it tbh

Sticking with Hughton? Appointing Adams? Sticking with Neil? Squandering Lambert''s legacy? The board has delivered for its fans a club spiralling into lower league mediocrity. You couldn''t make it up.

I''m not sure where this ''Premier League'' squad idea comes from. Most of them were relegated last year, many for the second time, so that should have made clear that they are not Premier League standard.

A Cosy Board of Directionless - coupled with a Cosy collective of footballers''......All lovely an'' Cosy at Cosy Carra an'' Cosy Colney.......a complete Cosy Cacophony......

Saart it aart Webber!.......NOW!

A lot of excellent points above, none of which I disagree with.  I hope Mr Webber has a very good Head Coach in mind, as they''ve got one helluva job in front of them.

Best posts on here for a long time. Realism of how we as fans have been let down. Watching the shameful away performances with never a change in tactics, personnel or attitude was cringeworthy.

This saying may be worth consideration:

''When a flower doesn''t grow you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower''.

From events this week, Stuart Webber already appears to be on the case!

The team is lacking in character, determination and even dare I say fitness. The team has no leader , and the manager trots out the same old rubbish. Summed up perfectly by swapping a Murphy for a Murphy.

Last week we scored early , the team got their tails up , and off we went . Lots of movement . it''s easy being enthusiastic when you are winning . But when the tables turn we see week in and week out an inabitly to respond . Both in character and in tactics .

I hope Webber is the magic man . He needs to be.

Apparently we have only garnered 6 points from matches where have gone behind.

Preparation for the season is also to blame. We didn''t invest in the weak-link areas (again), namely the defence. The preseason work has no doubt put us to shame also. The hard work is done before the season, but we seem to be second rate against the opposition. Perhaps the summer Euros partly unsettled the squads preparation and fitness regime. In the premier league our players covered the least distance per match, and I question how much of the summer preseason is to blame.

We can only hope for investment to freshen up the squad and management. Parachute payments are our only hope under this current board.

I don''t know why people blame the players. It''s the board that has been the weak link, after all they are the ones who sanctioned the poor managers and purchases.That said, in recent years it has been the poor management of McNally that has sunk the club. The board allowed him a free reign to destroy things.

[quote user="Len"]I don''t know why people blame the players. It''s the board that has been the weak link, after all they are the ones who sanctioned the poor managers and purchases.[/quote]I can accept a player not being good enough, I can''t accept them not giving a toss, game after game, after game...

It now seems fairly clear that the relationship between the owners and McNally had deterioated to such an extent that by the end of the season McNally wasn''t that inspired to keep his job, what with that on/off/on resignation saga.

Therefore, we can robably assume that he wasn''t putting in the best of efforts in the final third of the season when you would expect him to be drawing up plans for whether we got relegated or managed to stay up. You''d think about that time he should have been thinking about the make up of the squad for this season, who should be released and where new positions needed filling. He should have been thinking about the status of the manager.

I suspect that Mcnally let it drift and no one picked up to fill the gap, difficult to do when he was still there and knowing his reputation as a tough guy.

Maybe this is what sold the idea of splitting the role between sporting director and head coach, and leaving the finance side to a CEO not directly involved in the football side. Maybe our problems really extended to having too much power concentrated in too few people. Fine when everything is hunky-dory but a killer when those with the power, instead of providing a solution, are part of the problem.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Len"]I don''t know why people blame the players. It''s the board that has been the weak link, after all they are the ones who sanctioned the poor managers and purchases.[/quote]I can accept a player not being good enough, I can''t accept them not giving a toss, game after game, after game...[/quote]Of course I don''t like seeing what you describe either. But I tend to channel my anger at the board because they have ultimately caused the situation.

I thought it was common knowledge that there was allegedly a brawl at Vicarage Road and someone who was high up at NCFC went all (allegedly) psycho ninja on a Watfordian dude. Pans out, this Hornet Hellraiser is somehow (allegedly) intertwined into Mr Bowketts inner sanctum. The tale goes that Mr Bowkett objected to this (alleged) hooliganism from a city employee and promptly gave Delia the (metaphorical) finger. The middle one. Nothing saucy. And left.

Now, this is all third hand at best from my mates uncles contact but why else would he leave? This seems the only rational explanation.