Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Grant Holt

Pity we don''t have leaders like him at Norwich,We would be in at better place .Good luck to Holty deserves all the accolades that come his way

The Living Legend was an unused sub yesterday but with 20 appearances under his belt this season i am sure he will get a Championship medal.

Yet another promotion for Holty.  Now 36 and all being well, about to get his A coaching licence.  With a home in Norfolk, a coaching role at City hopefully in the pipeline.  Started out as a defender, bit of a one man team, knows the club, proven winner.......head coach anyone? 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yet another promotion for Holty.  Now 36 and all being well, about to get his A coaching licence.  With a home in Norfolk, a coaching role at City hopefully in the pipeline.  Started out as a defender, bit of a one man team, knows the club, proven winner.......head coach anyone? 

[/quote]He is a Living Legend and one of my all time favourites going back to 1963 but where this football club finds itself at this time the last thing we need is a sentimental appointment and another job for the boys. A cold hard look from the outside is what is required not somebody who has been a team mate of several of the current squad.

Maybe Til, but if there''s one ex player who is likely to tell the current team exactly what he thinks of them, it''s Holty.

A head coach with zero experience is categorically not what we need right now, even if it is Holty. I trust Webber to bring in a quality head coach with a little bit of experience and a distinct footballing philosophy, not someone who will learn on the job like Neil did.That said, I would love Holty to be part of the first-team coaching setup so he can learn his trade at the club that loves him the best of all.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]Yet another promotion for Holty.  Now 36 and all being well, about to get his A coaching licence.  With a home in Norfolk, a coaching role at City hopefully in the pipeline.  Started out as a defender, bit of a one man team, knows the club, proven winner.......head coach anyone? 

[/quote]He is a Living Legend and one of my all time favourites going back to 1963 but where this football club finds itself at this time the last thing we need is a sentimental appointment and another job for the boys. A cold hard look from the outside is what is required not somebody who has been a team mate of several of the current squad.[/quote]

Sentiment isn''t always a bad thing if the person is right for the job, but agree that the head coach would be a step too far at this stage.  But with him getting his A coaching licence in the very near future, some kind of coaching role at the club would be a good idea and having him about the place again could only be a positive thing.  His home is in Norfolk now too.  Once at the club, there is no doubt in my mind he would move up the heirachy quite quickly and if we still want a head coach instead of manager in three or four years time, he would then be more qualified/experienced to be given a go.  

Grant Holt would be a fantastic addition to our coaching staff. Not only would he have the respect of the squad because of his history here, his playing experience (could teach our strikers a thing or two) and knowledge of the club would be invaluable. Plus it would be a big thing for fans. There''s no room for sentimentality but if he can prove to be a good coach, then why not. A bonafide living legend.