Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Changes for Monday?

Will there be any?

Is it time for Maddison or Godfrey to start? I hope they are at least on the bench and maybe Efete too.

I would go as follows:

Ruddy, Pinto, Dijks, Martin, Bassong, Tettey, Howson, Pritchard, Maddison, Jerome, Oliveira subs, McGovern, Godfrey, Hoolahan, Efete, Josh Murphy, Ashley-Seal, Naismith

Irvine said that Maddison was injured today, so guess he might not make the squad on Monday

If it really was such a gutless display as has been said then I cannot see how he can''t make changes.

Why have such a big playing staff if you aren''t prepared to trust them?

I don''t really buy into the Webber wants to see them theory. He is the same as anyone. He wants to see a cracking game with hopefully us winning.

We''ve stuck with this rubbish and under performers all season.

Now impossible to make playoffs so pressure completely off. If Irvine doesn''t blood in youngsters in next few games he ought to be shot.

prime time to give them a run

I agree with changes, so why not put out the following team which includes at least seven stars that have played for their country:

McGovern Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Turner, Whittaker,Tettey, Mulumbu, Wildschut, Lafferty, Naismith.

We need to put these players in the shop window in the hope that some other clubs might want to buy them in the summer;

as an incentive we could offer "buy one get one free".

Baldyboy wrote the following post at 2017-04-14 10:59 PM:

Will there be any?

Quite simply NO. Irvine has had the best part of six games to change matters..........and!

There seems to be no difference whatsoever having Irvine in charge than when Neil was manager.

Ridiculous interim manager decision.

May as well have kept Neil onto the end of the season = less compensation.

Personally I would have gone for a brave decision from left field such as luring Grant Holt back for a short stint.

He may or may not have made a good manager but it would have been interesting and we are virtually mid-table now in any case.

Appointing temporary managers after a sacking is not our board''s strong point,, Gunn, Adams and now Irvine. Previous examples too. They always take the safe and easy option and it always fails eventually.

Spot on Broadstairs, the change of manager was absolutely pointless and very expensive. Irvine has changed nothing.

Re changes, I definitely think Josh deserves a game, probably at the expense of Jacob.

On Monday, the ''Veteran'' NCFC players will change their football strips for their holiday togs....

Play-offs now a distant memory......Young guns step forward and show the stale brigade and ignominious Irvine what you have to offer......

Unfortunately, I don''t think it will happen.....

One would hope there has been some frank discussions behind closed doors as we officially waved goodbye to the lingering, laughable hope that we were going to claw the playoffs back.

You would imagine there''s a whole host of different players with different motivations, but now is the time to separate ''I want to play for Norwich next year'' and ''I''d rather go back to Switzerland'' and get the former on the pitch and the latter in the stands.

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 14/04/2017 7:25 PM:

Why not give Efete a go, at least it he will be a fresh face at CB and I''m sure he can hold his own at this level.

I fear we are going to get a hiding against Brighton and whilst I can see your point I''m not sure this would be a game to bring him in for.

Maybe better that Webber gets confirmation, if he needs it, of how carp our CHs are.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]If it really was such a gutless display as has been said then I cannot see how he can''t make changes.

Why have such a big playing staff if you aren''t prepared to trust them?

I don''t really buy into the Webber wants to see them theory. He is the same as anyone. He wants to see a cracking game with hopefully us winning.[/quote]You really think? [:D]

Over several months AN said he was still trying to work out the best position for Godfrey. The player seems to like CD, but AN saw him as a a fullback. He came with a big reputation, so with nothing to lose now I would play him.

In general, because we are on for a hiding, given the central defenders we have available, I have to ask whether such a match is a good opportunity to bring in younger players - this applies to all of them, - Maddison, Efete et al.

But given that the central defenders will be two from Martin, Bassong, and Bennett, do we have any choice?

[quote user="Salopian"]

But given that the central defenders will be two from Martin, Bassong, and Bennett, do we have any choice?[/quote]That''s cheered me up no end...................

I''m not one for calling for the youngsters to be given a chance just for the sake of it but I''d rather see Efete in ahead of Bennett. Or, frankly, anyone ahead of Bennett.

Like to see Godfrey at the back, Maddison in for Wes, surely Maddison and Pritchard are the future, let''s see if they can play together. Also, although I''ve not been at all impressed with Wildschut lets start him ahead of the Murphys for the next four games, to see if he can impress. Nothing to learn from the Murphys or Wes over the next few weeks.

I''m optimistic we''ll win and leapfrog Preston in the table today.

That''s because although they''re unbeaten in their last 9 home games, and we''ve only won one of our last 15 away games, they''re playing without their captain through injury and their other central defender through suspension. So their defence may be totally as carp as ours today.....

---------------------Ruddy------------------------------Godfrey----Martin-----Bassong--------Pinto--------------------------------------Dijks-------------Howson-----Tettey-------------------Pritchard-----------------------Wildschut-----------------------Oliveira----------------------Subs: Jones, Efete, Whittaker, Josh, Jacob, Hoolahan, Jerome.Martin looks better as part of a back three, plus Pinto and Dijks won''t have quite as much defensive responsibility. Bringing the pace of the Murphys off the bench would be advantageous.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]There seems to be no difference whatsoever having Irvine in charge than when Neil was manager.

Personally I would have gone for a brave decision from left field such as luring Grant Holt back for a short stint.

He may or may not have made a good manager but it would have been interesting and we are virtually mid-table now in any case.

Appointing temporary managers after a sacking is not our board''s strong point,, Gunn, Adams and now Irvine. Previous examples too. They always take the safe and easy option and it always fails eventually.[/quote]

Slight contradiction in terms there, Broadstairs - but ignoring the beauty of hindsight, no doubt Grant Holt coming back for a few games as interim manager would have been derided as ''the safe and cheap option'' by certain posters anyway...

"Slight contradiction in terms there, Broadstairs - but ignoring the beauty of hindsight, no doubt Grant Holt coming back for a few games as interim manager would have been derided as ''the safe and cheap option'' by certain posters anyway."

Holty safe?

Experimental more like.

I feel certain posters like others would see it differently.

We were destined to be outside the top six in any case.

Such an appointment would have been welcomed by the vast majority IMO.

Broady, with our board do you expect anything other than safe? That''s why Irvine was appointed even though he is proving to be just as poor as the other Clueless Scot was!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Broady, with our board do you expect anything other than safe? That''s why Irvine was appointed even though he is proving to be just as poor as the other Clueless Scot was![/quote]So appointing Stuart Webber was ''safe'', then? Someone who has come in and wiped out a lot of the backroom staff that you''ve all been slating for the last two years? Someone with a track record of implementing distinct footballing philosophies with intelligent and tactically astute managers? Irvine is only here until the end of the season to give Webber time to assess the squad and get the right manager in. The more we fail in the next four games, the more of our underperforming players might be culled in the summer. I very much doubt Irvine will still be at the club in July, and I''d imagine that will apply to lots more players and backroom staff. A seismic shake-up is on the cards, so let''s just be patient until then.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]There seems to be no difference whatsoever having Irvine in charge than when Neil was manager.

Appointing temporary managers after a sacking is not our board''s strong point,, Gunn, Adams and now Irvine. Previous examples too. They always take the safe and easy option and it always fails eventually.[/quote]

Poor old bedstains, never the brightestAN would have had his contract paid up, therefore it matters little when he leaves the club