Sign in to follow this  
daly

Maddison exit

Maddison obviously upset at not being in the squad left the ground before the match kick off

Sure the Manager should deal with the tantrums though he should have at least been on the bench before Whitts

at least you managed to find a negative from todaymost others have simply disappeared

How do you know he was a) leaving and b) upset at not being in the starting line up? The XI made sense, as did the subs - or would you prefer to go into a game against the side in 4th with no full-back on the bench?

Branston

Not sure if you were at the game but we had Ryan Bennett on the bench who would have gone into the centre back position with Russ Martin going to his best position.

Flashman

No negative''s from todays game just stating that team spirt is not helped when a kid who thinks and probably should have been on the bench STORMS OFF, he was not happy I can assure you of that

I would have had Maddison on the bench instead of Wildschut, who has done very little since signing. He could have enjoyed twenty minutes or so of pressure-free football in front of the home crowd in the sunshine. An opportunity missed.

Wildschut did alright at Huddersfield. He needs a run of games.

Mmm, something must have happened , as he was happy as a sandboy, as he walked round the pitch, beforehand, and happily posed for a piccie, and had a chat,with my mate''s daughter. All smiles

But couldn''t you make the same argument for Maddison. I have no idea if he walked out or not, but it must be frustrating to be not given any game time at all. Wildschut has at least had a chance to impress - and not taken it, in my opinion.

Wasn''t that long ago people wrote off Oliveira.

Wildschut needs a run of games.

And fair enough the same can go for Maddison. Feels like he''s becoming a bit overrated/over-hyped.

His most obvious competition for a place in the team would appear to be Pritchard. It''s going to take some effort to get ahead of him.

[quote user="GJP"]Wildschut did alright at Huddersfield. He needs a run of games.[/quote]

Agreed GJP some people on here amaze me how can you judge a players contribution on half a dozen appearances. I would suggest that had AN not persisted with an ineffective Jacob after signing Wildschut think we may have been in the mix. I know Jacob has scored a few but imo Wildschut would have scored more.

Fair enough. Wildschut does deserve more of a chance than just a handful of games. Some players can even take a season to bed in. I just think Maddison could have been given a few minutes to impress while the pressure is off. Trouble is there''s only so many places on the bench, so someone has to miss out.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Mmm, something must have happened , as he was happy as a sandboy, as he walked round the pitch, beforehand, and happily posed for a piccie, and had a chat,with my mate''s daughter. All smiles[/quote]Do you mean to say that Daly is talking nonsense?

Think I also saw a tweer yesterday that Maddison spoke in the Huckerby/Drury or whatever its called lounge before the game.

& as I''ve posted before a lot players who are not in the 18 leave after the team is named & then return by kick off. Lost track of how many times this has been posted about x, y or z

@Pliff

I agree about not judging a player after a handful of games but have no idea what gives you the idea Yanic would have scored more than Jacob? Before he arrived Yanic had 4 goals all season while Jacob had 7. Jacob got 9 in League One last season while Yanic managed 7.

I''m still a touch baffled by the lack of appreciation Murphy seems to get on here.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Team was picked on Friday. Irvine said so in his press conference that day. Why start a BS rumour like this? Idiot.[/quote]

Because there were no sticks with which to beat the club after yesterday.

Horse Renoir

Team might have been picked but Whitts who I played a round of golf with had no idea if he was on the bench knew he was not playing but had no idea of the bench

When did you play golf with him, and which course was it on? If it was a day or so before the game I would find that quite remiss of the Fitness people/Sports Scientists, to allow that, if there hadn''t been certain notification of him getting changed, on the day.

Unfortunately Fenway it''s clear you''re lying.

Because Wes was with me and Pritchard playing ''how hard can you kick a brick wall". I''ll admit the game has it''s limitations but you kinda had to be there.

[quote user="hogesar"]Unfortunately Fenway it''s clear you''re lying.

Because Wes was with me and Pritchard playing ''how hard can you kick a brick wall". I''ll admit the game has it''s limitations but you kinda had to be there.[/quote]The real explanation is that the club have finally listened to me and they are cloning our top players.There are two Wes Hoolahans, this will prolong his career. In about six months time there will be a story in the press revealing that Wes has found out he was a twin and he''s found his twin who also happens to be a pretty good footballer.

[:D]
Whilst I''m glad the club have invested in a cloning machine would it not have made more sense pouring our money into a Fountain of Youth? That way we could consistently keep Wes young but also bring Huckerby back as a 26 year old.
I wonder if Huckerby would get the same treatment our current wingers do? "HE INT TRACKIN'' BACK, WHEN D''HE LAST WIN A HEADDAR?!"

Do Amazon sell these machines? I don''t mind paying P&P for something like that.

Crabby

No reason to lie to you or anyone, it was last Wednesday late afternoon.

The point I was making he had no idea if he was on the bench but knew he definitely was not playing against Reading

My remark was that Maddison was really upset when he left the ground at the back of 2.00PM and that I would have thought that club rules insist on players not storming off.

[quote user="daly"]Crabby

No reason to lie to you or anyone, it was last Wednesday late afternoon.

The point I was making he had no idea if he was on the bench but knew he definitely was not playing against Reading

My remark was that Maddison was really upset when he left the ground at the back of 2.00PM and that I would have thought that club rules insist on players not storming off.[/quote]The club rules say that if a player is in the match day squad he has to attend at the arranged time and he has to conform to the dress rules. If they are not selected they can leave get changed and come back, there are no rules governing the manner of leaving, storming, skipping, mincing or just a stroll are all permitted.

A friend of mine was in the legends lounge and Maddison was there answering questions and chatting to people all game.

enough said