Sign in to follow this  
Bill

C'mon Huddersfield

A win tonight will put them 5 points behind Newcastle ... with a game in handA long shot but mathematically they could pip them for an automatic place.With the dirty Leeds now in 7th could we receive a belated end of season bonus ?

fair pointbut the question is will they still have the same quality as this season, as they appear to have ''gone for brokeit would be much fun for East Coast clubs with Sunderland and possibly ''Boro and Hull heading downmeanwhile Forest are getting a bit close to the drop at the other endand the first time for some seasons we are watching as a neutral observer

............... I certainly can''t see how playing Newcastle next season will be a bonus.

On the other hand Forest being relegated could well be.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]............... I certainly can''t see how playing Newcastle next season will be a bonus.

On the other hand Forest being relegated could well be.[/quote]

I never said anything about playing Newcastle next season, merely them missing out on an automatic place - given how the title (they were going to walk away with) is not going to happen now might be a bonus for some City fans

errr......... that is my pointNewcastle have as good as missed out on the title, and may now miss out on automatic promotion, having had both in their grasp for much of the seasonFor them to miss out on automatic would now be the icing n the cake after so much noise coming from their fans .. ..............remember Leeds in 09/10 ?

ah wellfun while it lastedI can now back Fulham to beat Huddersfield next Sat

Why would anyone back Fulham after their disgraceful display against us?

They''d have won regardless, so I''m not attributing their antics as a factor in our defeat, but they were one of the most disgusting sides in terms of pushing the rules (and breaking them) I''ve seen at Carrow Road in a while. Probably even worse than Middlesboro when they visited us prior to our Wembley victory.

Diving. Feigning injury at any opportunity. Letting the ball go past them when it was thrown to them for a throw in. Time-wasting to the extreme from the 15th minute. Fans that only started making noise when they were 2-0 up. Kneesliding in front of opposing fans who at that point had not given them any grief.

It was every player as well so was clearly an instruction from the manager. Systematic cheating.

I had no strong feelings towards Fulham prior to our match, beyond an annoyance that we always seem to suck against them. Now I can''t stand them, even to the point that I''m rooting for Leeds over them. Dirty, cheating Fulham.

I would point the blame at the weak/inept referee''s feet tbh.

I am not condoning the Fulham players at all, it was pathetic, but they were allowed to get away with it by the Ref.

Have to agree with Crabby.

Yes everybody could see Fulhams game plan, even the referee. Hoe told the keeper to hurry up 4 times in the first half.

Maybe after the 2nd time it should be an automatic yellow card?

There is nothing concrete set in the rules regarding timewasting & Fulham exploited it. If refs were stronger, or had better guidelines, it could be stamped out earlier in games

I don''t really care whether it''s against the rules or not; it ruins the game and if you do it on a scale that Fulham did I''m going to hate them as much as the referee who does little to enforce it.

It''s no different to this Team Sky stuff in cycling. They (allegedly) have abused the TUE system, allowing their riders to use banned substances under the guise of medicine. They haven''t broken any rules. You could, and should, blame the governing body. But that doesn''t mean you shouldn''t also blame the people pushing the rules to the extreme.

Watching the snooker this week is like a breath of fresh air. Stuart Bingham called himself for a foul when replays showed he didn''t actually do anything wrong. A referee made a call that benefited Shaun Murphy but he turned around as said he thought she had got it wrong to his own detriment.

To go from that to Football, where now it appears even the fans are so used to the scarcity of sporting behaviour that they gloss over the teams guilty of it and lay all the blame at the officials, is massively depressing.

Twenty years ago Fulham would have been universally lambasted for a performance like that. Now even fans of their opponents just shrug their shoulders and say "that''s football".

[quote user="canarydan23"]I don''t really care whether it''s against the rules or not; it ruins the game and if you do it on a scale that Fulham did I''m going to hate them as much as the referee who does little to enforce it.

It''s no different to this Team Sky stuff in cycling. They (allegedly) have abused the TUE system, allowing their riders to use banned substances under the guise of medicine. They haven''t broken any rules. You could, and should, blame the governing body. But that doesn''t mean you shouldn''t also blame the people pushing the rules to the extreme.

Watching the snooker this week is like a breath of fresh air. Stuart Bingham called himself for a foul when replays showed he didn''t actually do anything wrong. A referee made a call that benefited Shaun Murphy but he turned around as said he thought she had got it wrong to his own detriment.

To go from that to Football, where now it appears even the fans are so used to the scarcity of sporting behaviour that they gloss over the teams guilty of it and lay all the blame at the officials, is massively depressing.

Twenty years ago Fulham would have been universally lambasted for a performance like that. Now even fans of their opponents just shrug their shoulders and say "that''s football".[/quote]

Did anyone see that cheat right back Fredericks get Kodjia sent off yesterday

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="canarydan23"]I don''t really care whether it''s against the rules or not; it ruins the game and if you do it on a scale that Fulham did I''m going to hate them as much as the referee who does little to enforce it.

Twenty years ago Fulham would have been universally lambasted for a performance like that. Now even fans of their opponents just shrug their shoulders and say "that''s football".[/quote]

Did anyone see that cheat right back Fredericks get Kodjia sent off yesterday[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment here.

The list of now accepted practices in matches is growing depressingly longer.

*Feigning injury

*Time wasting at goal kicks

*Gaining yards at throw-ins and free kicks

*Diving

*Obstruction when ''shielding'' the ball out for a goal kick

*Brazen kidology to influence the referee''s decisions

*Appealing for throws and corners that are clearly for the opposition

I''m not advocating the return to the maximum wage, amateur football era but there must be a way for the ''win at all costs'' attitude to be suppressed and dealt with effectively.

Earlier yellow cards for incidents spotted in the moment and much harsher penalties for offences spotted retrospectively would go some way to sorting this out.

As canarydan23 says, other sports such as snooker do not have similar problems and competitors have more pride in their performance and more respect for the sport and the officials.

I certainly have lost part of my previous love of football, because of the things you list Drazen. They are horrible things, and totally take away the ''sporting'' challenge of two teams trying to beat each other (and entertain us) .

You also say that earlier yellow cards would help, so that goes back to the referees. The Laws are there, they are just not strong enough to implement them, to alleviate this. Also wholeheartedly agree with the authorities, growing some balls, and implementing retrospective bans etc.

Yep and, if rules are tinkered with, take out the ambiguity of some of them.

e.g. the closest we got to tackling time-wasting was the ''6 second'' rule for goalkeepers hanging onto the ball - where did that go?

Too much left up to the interpretation of men who have never and will never play a professional sport in their lives.

Time-wasting is time-wasting, irrespective of when it happens and who is doing it.

Don''t get me started on ''ball to hand'' or ''hand to ball''...

Maybe I need some more OCD meds :-)