Sign in to follow this  
smooth

The kids have not done enough

Oh for the love of god

Every week, we hear the call for multiple youngsters to start.

Pritchard and the Murphy boys are both regularly playing. Maddison has been playing in Scotland and apparently injured. Do I think starting him now when our team is so lacking in confidence is good for him? No, we will see him start more games next season. Do I think Irvine is not starting him in spite of him beating other midfielders during the weeks training? No. I believe he isn''t doing enough to start. His time will come and he will learn a great deal being part if this squad. He will be ready for next season, unlike many of the squad he will be here.

Godfrey is in the squad and pushing ahead of other more senior players. I like that, it gives thee players a chance to impress webber or not. Many need to impress us as they have been terrible for season after season. I am happy watching them take criticism and see how they react.

If youngsters play they will be judged but I do not want senior players on big money just getting a pay packet as being on sideline when there is ''nothing to play for''. We all remember being at charlton and seeing those not fit to wear the shirt. Many senior players need to go through this to show what backbone and passion they have for the club.

I know the youngsters will be included, but the time is not now to have 5-6 startin youngsters. We also expect some senior pros to come in during the summer who we hope can be starters to make us a play off team, or better. Youngsters need to be introduced carefully. Irvine is mixing it up well, keeping them in and around the squad, protecting them and making them hungry for the new coach. They are also learning a lot from the first team squad and they will grow up quick trough adversity.

Learning from the first team squad? Learning what exactly? How not to care? How not to be a real professional? Nobody is saying five or six should start, but surely one or two can? And maybe introduce some from the bench?

[quote user="smooth"]Oh for the love of god[/quote]I wondered why you started the thread with that line - then I remembered - it''s Easter. Jesus hanging on the cross famously said....."I can see my house from here". [:D]

But they aren''t getting any game time. Not even 15 minutes.

Jesus hanging on the cross famously said.....

"I can see my house from here"

Could he see his local as well?

The ''Pig and Whistle.''

Oops politically incorrect.

@smoothYou were saying.............give one or two some game time from the bench and see what happens, that''s what has been said.  Not your exaggeration of starting 5/6 etc.  Twenty minutes here and there, amazing what can happen like Maddisons''s 13 minutes today, look what that will have done to his confidence.  Nah, leave him on the bench or at home, much better for him.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="smooth"]Oh for the love of god[/quote]I wondered why you started the thread with that line - then I remembered - it''s Easter. Jesus hanging on the cross famously said....."I can see my house from here". [:D][/quote]

I think it was ''I can see YOUR house from here'' to Peter.

[quote user="Mr Angry"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="smooth"]Oh for the love of god[/quote]I wondered why you started the thread with that line - then I remembered - it''s Easter. Jesus hanging on the cross famously said....."I can see my house from here". [:D][/quote]

I think it was ''I can see YOUR house from here'' to Peter.[/quote]I was told by someone who was at the training ground it was a council owned semi-detached house and Peter lived next door. [;)] [:D]

AI is handling the situation very well as he allows webber to see the full situation, which senior players have fight etc.

The young players are learning how during a tough spell they have to work hard, they are seeing how senior players are being, allegedly, accountable for first team performances. By bein part of the squad, bench and starting they are learning a great deal and have moments to impact a game.

Next season Maddison will not be a starter and neither will be Godfrey they will be first team squad players. This period will make them stronger show desire and when deadwood and new leadership is in they will have many more attributes to players who were introduced when the going was good.

This season is over but let our senior players try and save their NcFC careers and their inflated pay packets with each performance if they do not they can leave. We have seen many who are out of contract have options etc and I expect some of the contracted high earners to go.

The youngsters are involved and Maddison and Godfrey will have time this season. Just this is where we need to evaluate high earners and senior players.

What a load of carp! Webber can see already how the players are performing, he has been with the club for over 2 weeks now!

Why oh why Smooth, do you want some of these first team failures to save their NCFC careers? They are the problem, too many of them in the comfort zone, half of them need shipping out ASAP!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]What a load of carp! Webber can see already how the players are performing, he has been with the club for over 2 weeks now![/quote]really ?which game should he judge them on ?Reading or Fulham ?

Maddison gets a few minutes (finally) and scores. Well done laddo.

Shame the seasoned professionals haven''t shown the youngsters the way forward. If they don''t play, they''ll never learn anything!

I think its very noticeable that Lafferty, Mulumbu, Bassong etc are no longer near the matchday squad and players like Godfrey, Maddison and both Murphys are there in their place and will be for the rest of the season. I''m sure Thomson would be too, were he not injured.

If we can get our experienced older players - Howson, Martin, Naismith (whatever you think of him) and Jerome - helping the talented younger ones, we should have a great mix.

With Pritchard and Madison vying for the no 10 spot, we will see Wes off in the summer with a testimonial and POTS tucked into his back pocket.

I doubt Norwich will sell Hoolahan, as he wouldn''t really generate much of a fee and in all honesty who is going to sign a 35 year old on a decent contract. I do expect him to become a more peripheral figure over the season with Pritchard firmly the first choice No. 10.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Maddison, seems to have a lot of talent but no where near Pritchard''s current level. I worry he is being overhyped by the fans, and it is worth remembering he was in and out of the Aberdeen team during his loan spell. Another period out on loan for him could be the right move for Norwich so he can get plenty of minutes under his belt.

I''m 99% sure Pritchard will still be around, on a long term contract and a decent wage he''ll be very expensive to sign.

He is yet to produce in the Premier League so can''t see anyone shelling out the £15m Norwich would be able to ask for him - if Norwich aren''t near the top in the winter window though then there might be an issue.

It would be daft to let Wes go when he''s still contributing effectively and so far, still better than the younger players.  It''s not as if he''s been injury prone or is reliant on pace for his game.

Certainly the aim should be to bring on the younger players in that position, Pritchard is first in line.  Maddison hasn''t had a chance yet, not sure that it would be best to send him out on loan or have him in the squad so he can play cup games and challenge for a place in the first team.  A question for the new coach, when he arrives.

If he is willing, then Wes should be allowed to bow out with us.

He is still capable of turning things on and would be in my NCFC squad for as long as he can still do it.

Remember when he joined us he was written off somewhat but flourished under Lambert who realised his true worth.

I don''t know his personal circumstances but he has been in the area a long time.

I do hope Wes stays, if only for the NCFC Marketing Dept to use ''Westimonial'' to it''s maximum effect.

Wes, Pritchard, Maddison and Naismith will all be trying to be first choice for the ''number 10'' position if the new Head Coach wants to play that way.