Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

A day in the life of Russel Martin

I''m seeing a kind of Full Metal Jacket approach here before training starts each day.

This is my ball. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My ball is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my ball is useless. Without my ball, I am useless. I must fire my ball true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me.

Apples

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]LDC

Players rarely do stamina work during the season as it just leads to injuries and fatigue for the actual games.[/quote]

I know most of the general fitness work is done pre-season, but it all looks too clinical to me, too many disparate exercises.  Where is the sports psychology work?Where is the meditation and yoga for suppleness and focussing the mind that they ought to be doing every day? Just over an hour (11.15 to 1.00) on a pitch??  I''m sure it''s all very controlled and monitored, but I wish there was more actual working with the ball. Suggestion -9.00    Warm ups, loosening up.10.00  Out on the pitch practicing passing to each other.11.00  Out on the pitch practicing defensive situations.12.00  Out on the pitch practicing attacking situations.1.00  Lunch 2.00  Psychology work yoga and medidtation before afternoon sessions3.00  Out on the pitch for second practicing defensive situations (because they need it).4.00  Warming down session 5.00  Go home and rest

Technology is overated.  [/quote]This is the best thing LDC has ever posted. And the best thing about it is that I think he actually means every word of it! Move over True Grit... [:D][/quote]

Lol.  Some tongue im cheek this morning on my part, but there is imo way too much attention given to gizmos and gadgets in all walks of life.  Just because they are clever, inventive, computerised, doesn''t mean that they are useful.

[quote user="Morgan"]Is ''Psychology work yoga'' a new form of yoga I''ve missed?![/quote]I don''t think anyone should be doing that immediately after lunch, a ''gentle walk to let your dinner go down'' as my Nan used to say.