Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

A day in the life of Russel Martin

All that thought & effort, carefully prepared diet & stringent body function monitoring ...

Then Saturday comes & buggers it all up.

That''s bonkers.  The way players are monitored to the nth degree and molycoddled is one of the reasons they look so casual half the time imo. There''s plenty of monitoring, plenty

of strength/balance/speed of reaction work, but where are the routines

to build up stamina?  Each little exercise regime is all well and good,

but if  there is not enough stamina work.............or don''t they do that

anymore?  Cosy set up with all the technology and gizmos, but it''s no Mousehold....[:O]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]So Russel Martin is now getting some stick off the back of an informative YouTube video for the club''s channel. State of some of you lot.[/quote]
[Y]
I thought it was quite interesting - bit of an insight into the amount of work done on a daily basis to keep them physically in check.

ALL of this stuff happens in training, every single day?? Never seen anything like it. It can''t be that long ago that players used to just turn up, warm up and then train. All those gadgets and super expensive technology and for what? Are there actually any benefits? Judging by how we''ve performed this season, probably not!

It''s an interesting insight to be honest, as I thought players went in early and had the day to themselves after about 10AM. But all seems a bit over the top to me.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]LDC

Players rarely do stamina work during the season as it just leads to injuries and fatigue for the actual games.[/quote]

I know most of the general fitness work is done pre-season, but it all looks too clinical to me, too many disparate exercises.  Where is the sports psychology work?Where is the meditation and yoga for suppleness and focussing the mind that they ought to be doing every day? Just over an hour (11.15 to 1.00) on a pitch??  I''m sure it''s all very controlled and monitored, but I wish there was more actual working with the ball. Suggestion -9.00    Warm ups, loosening up.10.00  Out on the pitch practicing passing to each other.11.00  Out on the pitch practicing defensive situations.12.00  Out on the pitch practicing attacking situations.1.00  Lunch 2.00  Psychology work yoga and medidtation before afternoon sessions3.00  Out on the pitch for second practicing defensive situations (because they need it).4.00  Warming down session 5.00  Go home and rest

Technology is overated.  

I may be p*ssing in the wind here LDC, but I have this vague feeling that the sports scientists, coaches etc at the club might have a slightly better idea on what to do than you do.

What a shambles this club is. Wasting all these resources and salaries on qualified coaches, physios and sports scientists when they could have just got Lakey in instead.

You do realise this was just a short clip put together for information purposes LDC, and not an exhaustive list of training schedules for the players?

To be honest, I''m beginning to understand Morty''s point of view.

A load of old tosh ,nothing beats running up and down mousehold heath piggy back or running on the Sandy beach with Ron Saunders ,they were the fastest fittest team in the league at the time .Ron did give them pep pills as well but no messing about just hard training and confidence building .

[quote user="Ian"]You do realise this was just a short clip put together for information purposes LDC, and not an exhaustive list of training schedules for the players?

To be honest, I''m beginning to understand Morty''s point of view.[/quote]
[:D]

I thought our main tactic was to be able to run further than our opponents during a game and all training was to be directed to this area?

Apples

Apologies in advance to Lennon & McCartney

I read

the news today, oh boy

About a lucky man who made the grade

And though the news was rather sad

We’re not going up

And were bad in the Cups

He blew

his mind out at half time

He didn''t notice that the ends had changed

A crowd of people stood and stared

They''d seen his face before

Nobody was really sure

If he was centre or a full back

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]LDC

Players rarely do stamina work during the season as it just leads to injuries and fatigue for the actual games.[/quote]

I know most of the general fitness work is done pre-season, but it all looks too clinical to me, too many disparate exercises.  Where is the sports psychology work?Where is the meditation and yoga for suppleness and focussing the mind that they ought to be doing every day? Just over an hour (11.15 to 1.00) on a pitch??  I''m sure it''s all very controlled and monitored, but I wish there was more actual working with the ball. Suggestion -9.00    Warm ups, loosening up.10.00  Out on the pitch practicing passing to each other.11.00  Out on the pitch practicing defensive situations.12.00  Out on the pitch practicing attacking situations.1.00  Lunch 2.00  Psychology work yoga and medidtation before afternoon sessions3.00  Out on the pitch for second practicing defensive situations (because they need it).4.00  Warming down session 5.00  Go home and rest

Technology is overated.  

[/quote]This is the best thing LDC has ever posted. And the best thing about it is that I think he actually means every word of it! Move over True Grit... [:D]