Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Come on down (from the PL)

Sunderland look out of it, after a few years of wheezing around the bottom it looks like their time is up. Boro look, at the moment, to be likely to join them.Hull or Swansea ? Swansea have had their time in the PL and could remove any Welsh representation in the E PL. Would also remove the longest journey for our remarkable away fans.Hull are the only others in that mix so would be favourites of that bunch to stay up.However it''s still all to play for with another five games and B''mouth''s collapse doesn''t bode well, though they should be able to nick just enough points to avoid the drop.From the other direction it is definitely Sheff Utd and most likely Bolton... proving that a year in L1 is not always a bad thing.But Fleetwood ! (I bought a raincoat there once) I didn''t even realise they were in the 3rd tier. It will be a new ground for the club if they do go up - and a new experience with a stadium capacity of 5,300

This is Sunderland''s tenth consecutive season in the PL. Only Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City have been there longer. Now I agree we should always strive to be a PL club but would you swop our previous ten years for theirs? 

Good point nutty and it is a resounding No from me.

Apart from maybe two or three seasons between March and May, when their great escapes must have been fantastic to witness as a fan, I suspect it''s been pretty "meh" being a Sunderland fan this last decade. Not a great deal to get them animated.

[quote user="Alf Tupperware"]Sunderland look out of it, after a few years of wheezing around the bottom it looks like their time is up. Boro look, at the moment, to be likely to join them.Hull or Swansea ? Swansea have had their time in the PL and could remove any Welsh representation in the E PL. Would also remove the longest journey for our remarkable away fans.Hull are the only others in that mix so would be favourites of that bunch to stay up.However it''s still all to play for with another five games and B''mouth''s collapse doesn''t bode well, though they should be able to nick just enough points to avoid the drop.From the other direction it is definitely Sheff Utd and most likely Bolton... proving that a year in L1 is not always a bad thing.But Fleetwood ! (I bought a raincoat there once) I didn''t even realise they were in the 3rd tier. It will be a new ground for the club if they do go up - and a new experience with a stadium capacity of 5,300[/quote]Some very insightful stuff in that post City1st,thanks for that.