Sign in to follow this  
Coq au vin

Dorrans rumours

Was outstanding tonight, so much better than Tettey as looks to start attacking rather than having headless chicken moments like Tettey does!

Dorrans is a good technician. He''s at his best when he moves the ball quickly - which is what he is was doing most of the time tonight.

However, he has shown in the past he is prone to taking too many touches and when he''s like that he''s not worth his place in the team. I think he gave himself an early reminder tonight when he got caught on the ball in our half.

Think it''s a shame how harsh people have become on Tettey. He might have seen his best days and he''s never been the most stylish footballer but the guy has battled hard for NCFC.

Dorrans was good against Brighton, but he hasn''t done enough to continue I think. Brighton was week today and this game would have ended differently if Brighton needed a win to get promoted. With defeat today they still have a chance to win the title.

Alex Tettey shows his lack of ambition by quitting Norway. And he is maybe one of the players not hungry eniugh any more and is to inconsistent. Actually I ain''t convinced by Howson either. Not consistent enough. Need fresh blood in the centre of the park. And they are all overpayed I guess.

[quote user="he"]Dorrans was good against Brighton, but he hasn''t done enough to continue I think. Brighton was week today and this game would have ended differently if Brighton needed a win to get promoted. With defeat today they still have a chance to win the title.

Alex Tettey shows his lack of ambition by quitting Norway. And he is maybe one of the players not hungry eniugh any more and is to inconsistent. Actually I ain''t convinced by Howson either. Not consistent enough. Need fresh blood in the centre of the park. And they are all overpayed I guess.[/quote]

Tettey had trouble physically due to his knees last time he was in the championship and he''s now two years older. The management have always said they have to manage his game time to get him through and this more than likely influenced his decision with Norway. I agree he''s struggled with the level of performance this season but i think there''s much more to it than not being hungry or a lack of ambition. Imo the question the club needs to ask with Tettey is more of one can he physically manage to cope in the championship anymore.

Dorrans and Tettey are totally different players. I''m not sure if they can really be compared in this way.

Whilst both being defensive midfielders, Dorrans is a deep-lying playmaker whose main role is to recycle possesison and start forward moves from out own third. Tettey is your more traditional breaking DM who exists mainly to kick whatever he can get his foot onto.

Both have begun to show their age this season, which unfortunately will affect AT more due to the physical nature of his role. A key position to be strengthen IMO