Sign in to follow this  
Tired

Uwe Rösler

[quote user="Chip20"]What boxes does he tick?[/quote]The ones that say ''Tick here if you don''t want to receive news & offers that we think you''d be interesting".

Here''s the response from one of my mates re:Rosler at Brentford:

"In terms of Rosler - he definitely bought us on, made us more professional / bought a more pleasing style of play in etc, but too often we were too negative and didn''t do justice with the squad we had in League 1. If he has adapted, then it could be a good move, if not prepare for frustration in the sense of going 1-0 up and then defending against inferior teams / dropping unnecessary points in the process or keeping the ball and not doing much until in a losing position and then chasing the game (which was when it was most exciting to be honest), but you probably know that having seen a fair few of those games!

It felt like we always had the handbrake on under him...until just before he left for Wigan where it took a bit of a dressing room bust up after getting beaten by Stevenage to be a bit more expansive"

Bit mixed.

I''d prefer Monk if he''s an option.

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Monk asked Cellini for a 3 year contract and he said no.

He''ll be here by July 1st[/quote]I sincerely hope we follow Cellini''s example and don''t hand the incoming coach, whoever he is, a three year contract. Webber is the one who needs time. The coach''s job is to take the group of players Webber gives him and weld them into an effective team playing to the maximum of their ability. Review after one season and either extend or change, and so on. Given the new structure, it makes even less sense than before to hand out long contracts to staff whose average survival expectation is under two years. If this modus operandi deters someone from applying, it would suggest to me he''s the wrong person.

Must admit, Garry Monk seems an ideal fit; Born in Bedford, played the game at all levels & calmly managed in the Premiership & Championship.

I''d have more optimism under him than most...