Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Worrying times indeed because........

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]Worrying times? On the contrary, we are at last embarked on the regeneration of the club that should have been started at the end of the 2013-2014 season. Far from being consumed with worry, we''ve every reason to feel positive and look forward with relish to the forthcoming rebuild. It''s the ill-wishers on here who have real cause to worry and the appearance of all these daft threads tells me that the usual suspects like Derby and Highland know it all too well. [/quote]

Where does this Club keep finding these Lemmings that keep believing that every change at the top is the start of the long awaited Renaissance. Reality is that the costs involved with this could finish the Club![/quote]Interesting that you completely avoided my long and reasonable post to take a simplistic pop at another poster, when a few hours ago you were moaning about being abused? Not got the intellectual capacity for a rational discussion?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]There''s little point in trying to rationalise with people who make completely irrational/flawed arguments. It just doesn''t work.[/quote]I don''t usually bother, I usually just mock them. Should have known better, really! [;)]

The one that really makes me laugh is Crouch. He was having a tough time before he came here and hadn''t scored for weeks. Short of being a failure here he kickstarted his career with us and went from strength to strength from then on.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]There''s little point in trying to rationalise with people who make completely irrational/flawed arguments. It just doesn''t work.[/quote]I don''t usually bother, I usually just mock them. Should have known better, really! [;)][/quote]
I''d start to worry if I were you, I give it two more months before you can''t help but immediately offend someone because their viewpoint is so lacking in logic, facts, evidence or similar.
If it''s any consolation, when that day occurs you''ll gain entry to the following:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2326322319/photo-1_400x400.png[/IMG]
It would be full time but for some reason whenever I attend an event they change it to part time.

.......we have a horrendous record of turning Managers/Players that have been terrible elsewhere into club legends.

Paul Lambert, has never got a club promoted before or after us.

Grant Holt. Never played in a level higher than league 1 before us, flopped at Wigan, now struggles to get into the Hibs Team.

Russell Martin, our leading appearance maker in the prem. Struggled to get into the Peterborough side.

Steve Morison - Scored 10 goals in a prem season, spent majority of his career in league 1 or below, flopped at Leeds

There are bound to be successes/failures at every football club. To suggest people only fail at Norwich is ridiculous. This is a non-thread and wasted my time reading it.

Hairy Canary wrote the following post at 17/04/2017 2:26 PM:

The one that really makes me laugh is Crouch. He was having a tough time before he came here and hadn''t scored for weeks. Short of being a failure here he kickstarted his career with us and went from strength to strength from then on.

Indeed 👍

Often forgotten.

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"].......we have a horrendous record of turning Managers/Players that have been terrible elsewhere into club legends.

Grant Holt. Never played in a level higher than league 1 before us, flopped at Wigan, now struggles to get into the Hibs Team.

Russell Martin, our leading appearance maker in the prem. Struggled to get into the Peterborough side.

Steve Morison - Scored 10 goals in a prem season, spent majority of his career in league 1 or below, flopped at Leeds

There are bound to be successes/failures at every football club. To suggest people only fail at Norwich is ridiculous. This is a non-thread and wasted my time reading it.[/quote]Grant Holt stuggling to get into the Hibs team might have something to do with the fact he is now 36.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I can come up with a lot bigger list of players that have left us and gone down in ability [/quote]

Probable because like our Managers we''ve hung on to them too long and by the time we get rid they are ready for the knackers yard!

You say ''Probably'', but it goes completely against your original point for crying out loud.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"].......we have a horrendous record of turning Managers/Players that have been terrible elsewhere into club legends.

There are bound to be successes/failures at every football club. To suggest people only fail at Norwich is ridiculous. This is a non-thread and wasted my time reading it.[/quote]Grant Holt stuggling to get into the Hibs team might have something to do with the fact he is now 36.[/quote]

well what about before he came to us/the seasons after.

It''s not just about the current season but about every one in his career.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]With I suspect a cheap, lower league ''manager'' with no track record of promotion to the chumps, parachute payments dwindling to nothing, it will be a considerable achievement simply to avoid relegation next season. Then there is the task of realising the disposal of any remaining playing assets of value and the dismantling of the academy as we chart the board''s apparent course towards the football league wilderness. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]

You just have.

[quote user="hogesar"]It''s probably best to give up whilst you''re behind.[/quote]

Now that is what our Club has really been good at this season! Don''t tell me that is what the fans now do too!!