Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

NCFSC - Social Evening - Thurs April 20th - 7:30pm

Think most of you have probably seen out advertising on twitter, facebook & our website or heard about it on the Scrimmage or at the end of Canary Call the last couple of games.
But just in case you''ve missed it, on Thursday night we''re having our last event of this football season and its a very informal social night with lots of guests for fans to chat to.
These include 
Michael Bailey, Ian Clarke from Archant, 
Rob Butler & Chris Goreham from Radio Norfolk
Cedric Anselin , Terry Allcock & maybe more
Some of our sponsors from this season
From NCFC  Steve Stone, & Tom Smith will be joining us, plus representatives from their Media team, Commercial team, Events team, all people who have supported our group this season.
This is a  chance for fans to mingle & chat to each other & our guests about all things ncfc or anything else they want to talk about lol
Plus its FREE, all you need is money to buy yourselves a drink.
Hope some of you can come & join us, you will all be made very welcome and we appreciate your support
Diane ( on behalf of the volunteers )

Just an update on our guests who we''re expecting.

Club have just been in touch to say that Stuart Webber is also hoping to join us tomorrow night

I''m excited lol

Blimey Diane if Mr.Webb er turns up that will be fantastic and his first appearance at a fans function.

Yes will be his first fans function but hopefully not his last one for us lol

I know there''s a few coming from here so see you later and thanks again for your support

I saw a few updates on this last night on Twitter, including the unexpected attendance of Delia and Michael WJ, but it would be great to hear how it went from someone who was there.

[quote user="Woodman"]I saw a few updates on this last night on Twitter, including the unexpected attendance of Delia and Michael WJ, but it would be great to hear how it went from someone who was there.[/quote]Bump.

Nutty and myself are involved so fairly biased but we both agreed the next day that it had been a good night and that everyone had fun.

We had lots of guests there including

From Radio Norfolk - Rob & Chris

From Archant - Michael Bailey & Ian Clarke

Cendric Anselin & Terry Allcock & Mick Dennis

4 members of our charity csf staff - hope I havent forgotten anyone.

From NCFC - Delia & Michael, Tom Smith, Steve Stone, Stuart Webber, Ben Kensell, Joe Ferrari, Gemma Gifford, Peter Swordy.

It was a very informal night, everyone mingled and chatted, had pictures taken. The highlight of the night was the games of Giant Jenga which took place on the stage. We had 4 of our guests play 4 fans, 3 sessions of that so 12 guests played including Delia who seemed to enjoy herself.

We had visitors from Age UK who were our guests, Nutty hosted them and they all had a great time

We''ve had loads of feedback on our facebook page ( have a look) and one twitter & by email seems that everyone had a good time and welcomed the chance to chat to ncfc staff informally.

My personal opinion is that the informal night worked well and we will be repeating it.

I managed to get a chat with Stuart in a group situation and was well impressed. He has a plan, is ambitious, is hungry, hasnt wasted anytime assessing what needs to be done and will be ruthless in my opinion. Also had a lovely chat with Delia, first time Ive met her, what a passionate fan she is, hardly misses any games, will talk until the cowes come home about players, games, results and she is everything thats good about our club. Yes they''ve all made mistakes which they recognise but they all care.

Finally I ll leave you with a question, what other club can you mix so freely with board members and play Jenga with them lol.

Thanks to the Pinkun posters who came, spotted several that I knew, your support was appreciated by our team.

Pictures will all be on our website on Tues www.ncfsc.co.uk

Well done to Diane and Nutty, and the others who make this the success it is.

Things like this make ncfc the club we all love.

Sorry I couldn''t get there Diane. Sounds like it was a great evening and fair play to NCFC and the media for having such a good number turn out to support the event.Good to hear Nutty hosted the Age UK people......it was a no-brainer for him not to really [:D]

It was a good night.

I enjoyed speaking with Stuart Webber, MW-J and plenty of others. All were approachable and as open and honest as we''ve come to expect.

It was particularly refreshing to have a long conversation with Tom Smith who has demonstrably grown in confidence and as such into his role as director. An attentive listener, he delivers his responses with an honesty that demands respect. The impression I got is that mistakes have been acknowledged, considered and that there''s a real belief that the implemented changes will improve us as a club and deliver a better on-field product not just next season but beyond.

He''s an impressive chap. Should the opportunity arise again (I''m sure it will) I''d encourage anyone with doubts about the club and its direction to make the effort to turn up and talk to him, Stuart Webber or Steve Stone.

The feeling I left with was that we appear to be in safe hands and that there was just a hint of excitement about the future.

The proof will be on the pitch of course, if the excitement turns out to be misplaced it won''t be for a lack of effort or professionalism from those back of house, that''s for sure.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Sorry I couldn''t get there Diane. Sounds like it was a great evening and fair play to NCFC and the media for having such a good number turn out to support the event.Good to hear Nutty hosted the Age UK people......it was a no-brainer for him not to really [:D][/quote]
Sorry you couldn''t be there Smiffy. I hung around with AgeUK because I didn''t want to miss you.[;)] I have a score in my wallet with your name on. I took it to the Brighton game, again to no avail. I shall take it to the QPR game now.
Was a great evening and it was heartening how many of our previous guests returned to mix happily with supporters. I particularly enjoyed chatting to Terry Allcock, Tom Smith and the fans who have supported NCFSC over the past two seasons. I''ve made many friends amongst them and the volunteers.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Sorry I couldn''t get there Diane. Sounds like it was a great evening and fair play to NCFC and the media for having such a good number turn out to support the event.Good to hear Nutty hosted the Age UK people......it was a no-brainer for him not to really [:D][/quote]
Sorry you couldn''t be there Smiffy. I hung around with AgeUK because I didn''t want to miss you.[;)] I have a score in my wallet with your name on. I took it to the Brighton game, again to no avail. I shall take it to the QPR game now.
[/quote][:D]I like it when people want to give me £20......especially when I don''t know why.Sadly I won''t be at the QPR game.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Sorry I couldn''t get there Diane. Sounds like it was a great evening and fair play to NCFC and the media for having such a good number turn out to support the event.Good to hear Nutty hosted the Age UK people......it was a no-brainer for him not to really [:D][/quote]
[/quote][:D]I like it when people want to give me £20......especially when I don''t know why.Sadly I won''t be at the QPR game.[/quote]
I''m owed an awful lot of money from people who forget the wagers after they''ve lost but you''re the first one I can remember who forgot a wager he won. It was after the Wigan game? When you bet me £20 we''d not make the play offs. I''ll fold the £20 note up as small as I can and hide it in my wallet. Just pray Mrs Nutty doesn''t find it before next season.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Sorry I couldn''t get there Diane. Sounds like it was a great evening and fair play to NCFC and the media for having such a good number turn out to support the event.Good to hear Nutty hosted the Age UK people......it was a no-brainer for him not to really [:D][/quote]
[/quote][:D]I like it when people want to give me £20......especially when I don''t know why.Sadly I won''t be at the QPR game.[/quote]
I''m owed an awful lot of money from people who forget the wagers after they''ve lost but you''re the first one I can remember who forgot a wager he won. It was after the Wigan game? When you bet me £20 we''d not make the play offs. I''ll fold the £20 note up as small as I can and hide it in my wallet. Just pray Mrs Nutty doesn''t find it before next season.....
[/quote]I''d forgotten all about it Nutty so fair play to you. To be honest with

my matchday alcohol consumption all games seem to blur into one [:D]As

I''ve never had the money in the first place why not whack it on the

lads to beat QPR - or anything else of your choice if you think that''s

certifiable - and I''ll donate the proceeds to the PUPS ?

Pictures from our social night are all now on our website

www.ncfsc.co.uk

Hope you like them

[quote user="Diane"]Pictures from our social night are all now on our website

www.ncfsc.co.uk

Hope you like them[/quote]Thanks for putting these up Diane. Looks like a good time was had by all.I like picture 10. Nutty has got a wonderful expression of having spotted something on Terry Allcock''s gleaming pate that probably shouldn''t be there.....[:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Diane"]Pictures from our social night are all now on our website

www.ncfsc.co.uk

Hope you like them[/quote]Thanks for putting these up Diane. Looks like a good time was had by all.I like picture 10. Nutty has got a wonderful expression of having spotted something on Terry Allcock''s gleaming pate that probably shouldn''t be there.....[:D][/quote]
Strange expression for sure! Terry had just told me that he didn''t know one of the stats I put on his SOTB card. 
Now about this £20. What if you do the Norwich picks for the QPR game. I''ll double the stake and put a tenner straight into the presentation pot?

That picture made me laugh Nutty, some really good ones there all taken by Max from the CSF who is their official photographer, he did a great job for us.

All here if you''ve missed them

http://www.ncfsc.co.uk/gallery/social-evening-20-04-17