Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Anyone defending Martins honour this evening?

Don''t know how true it is but last week I heard Kiely does the coaching for set pieces, if true that may explain a lot when a keeper coach takes that responsibility!

I''m also assuming that Timm Klose earned his high salary and justified the £8 million transfer fee in his 1 minute appearance from the bench?

Almost as boring as you setting up an account purely to hammer Russell Martin, Canary Utd II. I''ve not seen you comment or post on any topic apart from Martin. Sad, really.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Hoola, if you are trying to find Canary Utd II commenting on a subject other than Martin, I''d suggest you look on a thread with a different title![/quote]

Unfortunately ''danielsroundabout'' Hoola doesn''t appreciate that an opinion different to his is an acceptable one! Now that''s sad!!

I may be mistaken but this is a message board where valid and current opinions from fans are aired. If Canary Utd II uses this to express views about our inept captain then that''s his choice.

Certain users tend to use the board to ramble about pointless subjects hoping to get a reply so it looks like people are interested and that they actually have some friends!(Hoola)

Commenting about the abilities, or lack of, of our club captain is very relevant therefore Canary Utd fill your boots and have your say.

Sad morons who think they ''own/run'' this board, we ALL know who they are, should have a look at themselves.

As has been said before - The clue is in the thread title! If it upsets you petal don''t read it

Realistically I can''t see him going in the summer though.Based on Webber''s comments about running a squad of 18 experienced professionals rather than 25, sounds like we''ll be having three experienced centre backs and a youngster like Godfrey to fill in the fourth.Bassong''s clearly off when his contract expires. Klose is likely to be sold, and it''s likely to be two new centre backs with a toss up between keeping Martin or Ryan Bennett.

He really shouldn''t be captain next season. As he''s the most experienced pro in the defenceand the designated leader on the pitch, the blame for poor organisation falls more on him than the others.

I think he stays next season but if he is still first choice I''ll be seriously concerned.

What a sanctimonious prick Russell Martin really is!

Always ready to blame others - We see it every week with his arrogant accusing pointing at players that he feels haven''t done enough.

RM - You are the poison in this club now Fuck Off and let us look to the future. You are not fit to wear the shirt.

I must have missed Russell Martin''s tenure as a child killer. Jesus, did he sleep with your wife or something?

Russell Martin gets accused of not being a leader, captain, not being a talker, etc etc.

Russell Martin gives a frank interview criticising and being honest about our season.

Gets criticised.

Unless he finds a cure for cancer, this guy can''t really do right for doing wrong amongst the Martin agendas.

At last... Martin has come clean, in his own words he hasn''t been good enough!

I''m hoping the cull continues and we can wave farewell to this failing positionless player.

As far as I''m concerned it is important that Martin is here next season, if he isn''t it will be a mistake. For some, he can''t do right for doing wrong - they clearly have a problem they ought to seek help for.

I hope Martin is here too, his experience of the club and his affection will make him a useful player to have, even if just as backup

Is it too much to ask for him to show some of this leadership on the actual pitch? I''m growing a bit tired of his ''fronting up and showing pashhun'' interview routine.

Martin should be reserve right back and club captain next year.

I''m not a massive Martin fan, but I can''t see the issue with this interview, I like it. Refreshing to see some honest speaking coming out the club at the moment, something we have been lacking for a good while now.

It was a top interview from a top professional.

Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda. Sorry, but that''s how it is.

[quote user="hogesar"]It was a top interview from a top professional.

Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda. Sorry, but that''s how it is.[/quote].

You are not sorry, you just have to be right

Depends on whether you regard being "professional" as giving good interviews or doing your actual job properly on the pitch. There has been a lot of the former and little of the latter. If he starts regularly for us at centre back next season I will be very disappointed.

It''s starting to feel like a bit of an act to be honest - once is OK but I think this is the third such interview of his and it rings hollow when he doesn''t actually step up on the pitch.

One thing it does show is he shouldn''t be captain next season as the players are not reacting to his leadership.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]As far as I''m concerned it is important that Martin is here next season, if he isn''t it will be a mistake. For some, he can''t do right for doing wrong - they clearly have a problem they ought to seek help for.[/quote]

Don''t care about anything apart from the fact that he is a terrible player