Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Anyone defending Martins honour this evening?

I didn''t see him giving it large to the Barclay faithful today.

Please please please can we drop this clown and start the re-build now.

The worst captain I''ve seen at Carrow Road in my 43 years on the planet.

Yet another calamitous defensive performance.

His honour at the club has never been in doubt. His ability on the pitch these days however is beyond defending.

He can wave that captains armband around as much as he wants, shit captain, crap player, if we want to have any chance next season this guy will be nowhere near starting.

Well, Ryan Bennett gave it a good try.

It was genius of Fulham to get him on to replace Chris Martin.

no doubting his honour at our club but he has definitely gone stale here. I''d get rid of a fair few before Russell Martin though. he only cost us 50k from peterboro as well to be fair to him. His move to centre back has been a disaster from day 1 though.

It''s no coincidence that any defensive combination which includes Martin at CB is awful. Bennett has lost it as well and should be shipped out with Bassong and Turner but ever since this lunacy of playing a Martin at CN started our defence has been sh*t.

I must have missed something, Martin didn''t do that badly today - certainly didn''t shoot us in the foot with a ridiculous pen - why make him scapegoat yet again?

He''s not the answer at centreback but he tried. Unlike Klose.

And as for Ryan Bennett...well I''ve spent years saying he''s cr@p and I think people are starting to see it at long last.

Martin was comfortably our best CB today...again.

Half assed Klose gave away countless needless fouls and that''s about it.

Bennett individually diabolical for both goals once he came on.

Yet Martin gets a thread all about him? Some of the responses too say all you need to know about some of our fans. Braindead morons.

Saying that I do also disagree with those booing Bennett individually today. The last thing we need is for him to be even worse.

No. But I am saying your opinion is f*cking stupid and devoid of logic and facts.

Best CB out of the 3 to play for us today. Bennett should''ve gone the summer we got promoted and Klose is finished for us, clearly can''t be bothered. Martin and Bassong next game for me with Godfrey as backup. Mistakes in all 3 of them but I''ve completely run out of patience with Bennett and Klose, I don''t want to see them again, enough is enough!

Bassong should go as well but hasn''t been as offensively lackluster as the other two this year and I''d like to see Martin stay surrounded by a different defence next year.

I didn''t think klose was that bad today, he won some tackles and was solid in the air. He wasn''t great as his slack pass for the opening goal showed, but for me he was better than non tackle Russ who was miles ahead of the people''s hero Bennett.

All about opinions i guess.

Doesnt change we need at least 3 new CBs if we have a hope to compete next season.

And upgrades in central midfield protection is just as urgent.

Klose questionable for first goal, Bennett for the other two but yet we''re still scapegoating Martin, good one.

Why bash Martin? He was the best of a bad bunch at centre back today, Klose poor pass gave the first goal away and as for Bennetts contribution, well enough said on that!

There were a lot worse players on the pitch today, but they are usually picked week in week out. Bennett is a joke, Hoolahan was shocking, Pritchard left footed corner really? Hopefully and thankfully there will be a massive clear out at the end of the season.

Martin was the best of a poor bunch of the three CD out there today so why he deserves a thread all to himself in preference to Bennett who was terrible I don''t know.

There''s enough to moan about without getting it wrong Gina. Martin took off and kissed his black arm band after he scored last week, not his captains armband. Right in front of me.

I needed a massive clear out after today''s game just to cheer me up!

Klose was awful!

Bennett was his usual useless self!

Martin was also shite, stood watching for the third goal!

Murphy was useless going forward and he forgot about his defensive duties.

Let''s hope we see a new defence next season.

Martin was in my view the best of the 3 CBs but I hope none of them were are in the squad in August. Dreadful defending all round again today.

[quote user="hogesar"]No. But I am saying your opinion is f*cking stupid and devoid of logic and facts.[/quote]Hogesar...Ha ha, you have answered my point precisely, you obnoxious tit, yet another person with multiple posts to their name who think they rule the board, and to prove it you have had to bring in a swearing response, i suggest the facts are clear and simple, he has captained the side for two absolutely disastrous seasons where we have leaked goal upon goal.Your response demonstrates that it is you that is clearly stupid! 

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]The irony of that post is astounding.

Criticises people for swearing by swearing[/quote]But, like me

on my prediction that we would get beat today because Fulham nearly always

beat us (unless it''s a promotion season), he''s not wrong. Hogesar is obnoxious.

If the rest of the team had the same level of commitment to the club that he does we wouldn''t have had the season that we have. Probably shouldn''t be first choice next season but there are far more culpable players than him to scapegoat

[quote user="Canary Utd II"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]The irony of that post is astounding.

Criticises people for swearing by swearing[/quote]

Where is the swear word???[/quote]

Many people would consider tit to be a swear word...

Another one missing the point completely, the desire and comitment count for nothing if you aren''t very good! Martin, isn''t very good, in fact he hasn''t been for a few years!!

The argument about comparing with others is pointless. This isn''t a thread about how clueless the rest of our defenders are.

This is a thread about our clueless captain and that he can''t defend, and hasn''t been able to for a few seasons.