Sign in to follow this  
london Canary

Why is it?

WHy is it that with only 7 games gone in the premiership have all the promoted teams managed to win away from home something we couldn''t do for the whole season, and when the best game in our history comes up we lose 6-0!

(sunderland won 2-0 away at middlesbough today)

Because their managers know how to motivate the team, employ sound tactics and ensure that each member of the team knows exactly what he''s doing.

Exactly link i fully agree, its not until you see these sort of results that you relise how bad we we''re last year, iit''s so frustrating watching the results of the premiership this year:

westham 3 - blackburn 1 after going a goal down

west ham 4 - villa 0

everton 0 - wigan 1

westbrom 1 - wigan 2

middlesbough 0 - sunderland 2

All these results are with just SEVEN games gone.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite all the debt and other issues West Ham had budgeted for a return to the premiership at the latest this Season so Pardew was able to splash the cash to strengthen his side. Had they not been promoted there would have been a fire sale (as per Ips***)

Wigan have loads of dosh as they are their chairmans toy - he''s no Abramovich but they do not have to make a profit on his investment.

Sunderland have been a massive club for years with a larger and more loyal fan base than we have.

The Norwich Board''s "Five year plan" was for us to be challenging for promotion either this Season or next - we achieved it too early and were not ready - our income in 03/04 had fallen as for 2/3 of the Season we were unable to utilise all four stands of the ground and whilst we stretched ourselves to buy Hux which ensured promotion we had nothing available to strengthen. Put simply we

With regard to results our first 7 premiership games were: Crystal Palace, Manchester United, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Aston Villa, Liverpool - Only Chelsea would say that that is not the toughest start for a newly promoted side....

Wigan have so far beaten Sunderland, WBA and Everton and drawn at Middlesborough who have also lost to Sunderland - Apart from Chelsea on the first day of the Season their first "big" game isn''t until 19th November plenty of time to get bedded in.

Sunderland apart from winning against Middlesborough who may be the club drawn into the mire this season have had a tougher start hence their lack of results until they got fired up for a derby game (as we know even we can get a result in one of those!)

Wham similarly have only had one tough game but that too was one that the players could get fired up about (Arsenal)

I believe that even Norwich with last years squad and an easier start we would be somewhere mid table this season - WBA (still crap) Everton (last years predictions coming true), Fulham (Al Fayed has stopped pumping money in), Birmingham and Wigan/Sunderland will be fighting the relegation spots this year.

Unfortunately the premierhip as well as being boring is easier this year, I think that complacency has crept in and more chairmen are confident that relegation will be between the three promoted teams and WBA so they are concentrating on grinding out results to maintain membership of the club rather than seeking to achieve a higher position by gambling on open play to entertain the fans with a downside of potential relegation.

Sxcanaree, with respect to the Premiership being easier this year, either your memory is playing tricks with you or you are seeing "different" things than I am. After currently reviewing some of our performances from last season and Premiership games this season it is clear we were not equipped to deal with the pace as played last season, or this. Even as I watched the Spurs/Fulham game yesterday ( not the top Premiership teams despite Spurs current position ), I attempted to visualize the yellow and green shirts competing with the pace of the game. Objectively, I had to conclude, we would not have over the course of a full season.