Sign in to follow this  
AcrossThePond

Julian Nagelsmann - "30% of coaching is tactics, 70% is social competence"

In a dream scenario, if we could somehow lure this guy from Hoffenheim I think that he would absolutely get the best out of youth as well as some of the older lads that are severly lacking in confidence.

A shot in the dark, but if you take a step back simply looking for a similar manager with the philosophy of "30% tactics, 70% social competence" would be, in my opinion, exactly what the doctor prescribed. We have talented individuals in this squad, most of which are playing well below their potentials.

This article provides some context for those who don''t follow the euro soccer scene.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/24/julian-nagelsmann-hoffenheim-prodigy-thomas-tuchel-rejected-bayern-munich

Bundesliga has a some talented young managers, Pal Dardai of Hertha stopped his active playing career about five years ago, and brought the Berliners up from relegation places two seasons ago to international cup contenders on a shoestring budget relying mostly on fitness and defensive discipline.

The last time the board exited these shores in search of a manger they ended up in the youth team...

There are plenty of good managers in bundesliga and bundesliga II. Wagner shows what talent is out there.

Next season the Bundesliga team are going to benefit from a new TV deal, I''d be surprised if the best coaches and players don''t stay where they are for a while. 

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Are you suggesting that shouting the obvious loudly doesn''t work?[/quote]

I think that played a massive part in the downfall of AN - especially when you consider that the club used a psychologist in the promotion season up to that day at Wembley and then they were not used in the latter stages of the relegation season or this season.

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 17/05/2017 2:48 PM:

There are some on here that struggle with social competence

And others that struggle with continence.