Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Binners that ran onto the pitch

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Check up on the facts before you start accusations and sensationalism of fireworks use.[/quote]Lol. What facts?  There is only experience on which to draw in something like this. If you live in a large built up area you will know what I mean about firework use.  If you don''t then your experience might be different, but experience of living or being in a built up area at this time of year has led me to the belief that fireworks are not worth the damage, annoyance and fear they cause.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Probably a killjoy, but I think sales of fireworks should be banned full stop.   Fireworks are anti-social and scare animals sh*tless, night after night, from late October through to half way through November, not to mention people who let them off late at night indiscriminately on special occasions throughout the year birthdays and such like - which may be great for them but is usually annoying if not down right scary for neighbours and their pets - no warnings given so people can take adequate steps to protect pets form the noise.

[/quote]
I have sympathy with what you''re saying Lakey, it goes on for weeks and it does scare animals really badly.
But think banning it is a step too far, I''m ok with fireworks on the 5th as you can plan for them, its all the random ones let off which last about 3 weeks which cause the problems

I think we forget that animals have an entirely different sense of hearing. What to us may be a ''bang'' could well be a completely different level of noise to them. dogs especially. The emphasis now being on sound rather than vision.Maybe it might help to curtail the selling time, as I doubt it could be effectively policed given the practicalities.

Len Coq

"from twtd it also appears gutbucket junior spent around £1600 in legal fees (defence)

which I could have done for him for half the cost"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Len Coq

"from twtd it also appears gutbucket junior spent around £1600 in legal fees (defence)

which I could have done for him for half the cost"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No sympathy with the binner but he would have got sent down for 10 years with you anywhere near an inquisitorial environment.

[quote user="Rhubarb"]gutbucket senior appears to have a fireworks ''emporium'' in ipswich (google search)from twtd it also appears gutbucket junior spent around £1600 in legal fees (defence)which I could have done for him for half the cost" your honour, my client wishes to plead not guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility ..... he is a binner "[/quote]oh dear, the duty liar is our old friend the well known David Irving aspirantso in view of von handcrank''s usual misrepresentation I give you the full quote

Talk about de-railing a thread!We start off with the behaviour of Ipswich fans, which somehow turns into a tirade against fireworks and yet another argument between City 1st and whoever!!!@ LDC, if you want to protest about the sale of fireworks, can you please start another thread directly for that purpose, and I''ll be happy to come and argue with you on that one [:D]

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Can you also have a go at Van Wink for deliberately misquoting City 1st to get a reaction?......[/quote]Up to his old trick of only giving half the story, it''s like a disease with him.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Be careful Winky or he will be accusing you of following him around the messageboard. [:P][/quote]I''m sure others have not missed the irony of your post

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Be careful Winky or he will be accusing you of following him around the messageboard. [:P][/quote]I''m sure others have not missed the irony of your post[/quote]Self awareness obviously passed you by.