Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Goals aside, Klose and Dijks.

I think a mention should go to the defence and the above 2 in particular, Klose was rock solid and Dijks has settled into the team quickly. I fear less for our defence than at any time this season, let''s hope it improves further.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]I think a mention should go to the defence and the above 2 in particular, Klose was rock solid and Dijks has settled into the team quickly. I fear less for our defence than at any time this season, let''s hope it improves further.[/quote]Timm was excellent, and we looked significantly worse for losing both full backs, luckily Forest were pretty spent though, and it made little difference.Praise for Mulumbu too, who had a solid game.

So much more solid with only one overtly attacking fullback. Pinto and Olsson or Brady together really lacked physical presence and all either of them want to do is get down the line and whip crosses in. Dijks is a much more solid defender than Olsson/Brady and when we''re penned in can act as a third CB.

Good player and he gives us a better balance in the team. Will most likely settle into the PL quite easily as well if we can sneak up.

Back 4 covered each other very well yesterday.

Mulumbu in the first half also helped out, but kept getting in our players way when trying to clear the ball etc.

Pritchard had a quiet first half, but was quality in the 2nd.

Great team performance, the only one I wouldn''t like to see picked again is whitts who looked too slow, but accept he is only there as cover.

Welcoming to see how many of those previously written off are back showing us what they can do.Mulumbu slotted back in as if he had not been away and Klose looks fully committed. Josh, the forgotten brother, was back to his old sparkling self.Pritchard may well have been given a quiet word in his ear at halftime "C''mon lad, you are better than this. Show ''em what you can do". And he did.Even Ruddy looks more self assured.

However all this does not help with those looking to cast their vote in May''s Scapegoat of the Year award

Re: Mulumbu

Were you at the game?

He was wasteful and slow. He plays like he''s pushing along a Zimmer frame. Johnny Howson had to cover the ground of two players because of the elderly Mulumbu.

How is Timm worthy of praise but not Martin? I''ve not read a good word said about Martin''s recent form, but as was proved when he moved to RB later in the Forrest game Bennett and allowed doesn''t work - it needs to be Martin because he organises the back line, where as Klose gets the praise for it!?!

[quote user="Lewis DW"]Re: Mulumbu

Were you at the game?

He was wasteful and slow. He plays like he''s pushing along a Zimmer frame. Johnny Howson had to cover the ground of two players because of the elderly Mulumbu.

How is Timm worthy of praise but not Martin? I''ve not read a good word said about Martin''s recent form, but as was proved when he moved to RB later in the Forrest game Bennett and allowed doesn''t work - it needs to be Martin because he organises the back line, where as Klose gets the praise for it!?![/quote]Yes, I was[Y]

I thought Danielson was in great form, did anyone else think Klose resembled the Karate Kid?

Think it''s a lot more solid with Pinto & Dijks, but if we don''t go up I think we''ll be stuck with Whitts, Turner, Bennett & Martin next year........ :-/