Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

Jonny howson

What player, what man. Humble, honest, superb midfielder. I think we''d be in trouble without him. What sort of contract is he on? I sincerely hope he sees out his playing days with us.

Was in Gunn Club for his post-match interview after MOTM display against Wolves, and was ''fan of the match'' so got a picture with him and a brief opportunity to exchange a few words. Seems like a really honest, genuine bloke, and always conducts himself with class. When he scored against Leeds at Elland Road, a massive goal in the push for the playoffs, he didn''t celebrate and was almost apologising to the Leeds fans in the aftermath whilst the rest of the team were going mad. That''s the mark of the man in my book, he''s just a nice bloke who goes about things the right way. Probably the best all round footballer we''ve got at the club at the moment too.

Finally getting to play on a regular basis in the position where he excels. Box to box, not holding, right or number ten. Mr Neil has seen the light...

[quote user="daisy"]Finally getting to play on a regular basis in the position where he excels. Box to box, not holding, right or number ten. Mr Neil has seen the light...[/quote]Have we played him holding, or at number 10 then? I don''t remember seeing him at either, not this season anyway.

Played behind the striker a couple of times, should I have used "defensive " instead of "holding" ?

I know two years left on his contract still but can we Renew it again for another additional 2 years. Howsons on fire with his cannons lately from distance.

The only midfielder we have like him in the squad. We miss him so much when unavailable. Seems strange he''s never really been linked with any other sides especially when we''ve been relegated. Hopefully Leeds don''t get promoted 😉

....as earlier mentioned,there is a Dorrans shaped issue looming over the coming weeks.....and with it will once again come Neil''s inclination to fit all of him,Howson and Tettey in by pushing Howson elsewhere in the side to the detriment of a Hoolahan,Pritchard,Naismith or a natural winger to the overall detriment of the side.

Surprisingly two-footed too, is our Jonny. Sometimes I forget which is supposed to be his dominant foot.

He''s the only one remaining from the Leeds 4.

Annoyingly, Leeds are above us now for the first time in ever.

his shooting has been excellent this season, reminiscent of t he success BJ had when we were here last time; with added accuracy and class.

A thunderbolt against Tahn and hitting double figures and he will have had a great season.