Sign in to follow this  
Trevor Chilver

David WIiliams to replace Foley

Changes have to be made, to prevent relegation

David Williams is doing a wonderful job with the young players of the club and he now needs to be exposed to a bigger arena of which he is used to!

Have Worthington and the board got the vision and commitment? or they going to put their heads in the sand until it is too late?

We all wait and see whether the now silent Delia is really going to prove hewr worth or Not????

The disease of the club starts far higher up the tree and we need to sort that out before getting rid of members of the staff who I believe are only doing what there told by someone who''s run out of ideas.

Foleys a good coach, lets not forget he''s been here since Mike Walker and gone through 4 managers, so im probably guessing he is doing something right to have not been offloaded by 1 of them.

Doug Livermore is worthys assistant, yet seems to avoid alot of the flack i notice.

hi trevor

i would love dave williams to have a more active role in first team affairs, but he has apparently made it known he doesn''t want any managerial role, and replacing foley (with worthy the way he is re taking advice) i don''t think that would work

the real answer is to get in another management team altogether, possibly there is a manager out there who could make good use of dave''s undoubted coaching skills

but to make him foley''s replacement wouldn''t work given the way worthy likes to run things

besides, his team is winning at the moment, frequently against premier opposition

[quote]The disease of the club starts far higher up the tree and we need to sort that out before getting rid of members of the staff who I believe are only doing what there told by someone who''s run out of i...[/quote]

The evidence actually suggests that the ideas are there (we''re getting goal scoring opportunities), but the execution isn''t, for whatever reason. I speculate that it''s down to lack of motivation among the players, and Worthy''s loyalty to certain individuals. On paper we have probably the best first eleven in the league, so NW''s done well to get that together, but getting them to perform consistently at 100% seems beyond him at the moment. The players have to take some of the flak for that - as Worthy said, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can''t make him knock in easy chances from 5 yards out".

I agree David Williams is doing a great job with the youngsters, but from what I hear from people in "the know" Steve Foley is a real good coach and his own man an asset to have around the ground.  David Williams I am told would be a bit of a "yes" man if he replaced Foley thereby agreeing with NW and not bringing his own input.  I couldn''t see him taking a new position at the moment as he is enjoying his time with the Wales U21''s and I don''t see him be able to continue with that should he move to first team duties.

Well done to David and all his staff, it is nice the see the youth team getting great results week in week out (something to cheer the NCFC fans).