Sign in to follow this  
grinner

last saturday

before kick off i thought and i said so at the time the crowd seemed very subdued.i thought that they would go mad to welcome hucks back home.what did you think.

I wasn''t there, but it sounds to me as if the crowd had an "off-day" just like the team. Heckling Hendo, not singing enough, subdued atmosphere, tense, nervous, frustrated - if I had twenty thousand people watching me with that attitude, I''d freeze up too!

Apolgies for being a little pedantic but there were approx 16500 supporters in attendance. I agree we all seemed a bit subdued. From the supporters around me we all seemed to agree that team selection was bewildering and having seen this all before rightly anticipated what we were about to witness.
Going on from this and the earlier thread regarding the right to moan about players. If you go to either, all home games or, like me, all home and away games it can be very frustrating to see the same mistakes made on a regular basis. To take Hendo as an example, the vast number of supporters who come into this category realise that he is being overplayed and if not carefull will have his confidence destroyed (al la Kenton). Most of these supporters do not bad mouth him, it is only a small minority although I sympathise with their feelings.
Personnally I always think the responsibility lies solely on the managers shoulders as he has team selection, man-management and motivation as his supposed skills.
If he gets things right more often than not he will probably be successful.
To those who say we should not moan like Heraldo (I classify you as fair game Heraldo as you mentioned me by name) I say; go to many many matches, feel the passion, feel the frustration, pay out hundreds and thousands of pounds supporting your club, experience the frustrations of Sutch and Llewelyn week after week, experience missed penalties at Cardiff, then continue to criticise Hucks, Mark Robins etc etc if you want.
In fact to all who do not agree with the likes of Wiz and others either because of the points of view or merely the ''letting off steam'' syndrome I just say, please understand that those of us who go regularly tend to agree. Those who rely on second info. tend to disagree. Using this board is a wonderful way of learning others point of views but mainly confirming there are other like minded inviduals out there!!

Burly, good points made. However moaning at players on the day will never achieve anything, for one they don''t answer to a minority of fans. If a player is having a bad game then perhaps the whole crowd should start singing their name, I bet (sports man bet) they would raise their game tenfold. Barracking them will make them worse, trust me I know. I run a football team, but I am a poor player. My team always encourages me to play as I work so hard, spend lots of money and do like to play. When I play really poo my head goes down. If people have a go at me I get frustrated mostly with myself and it goes down further. If people praise me and encourage me, I play better. This works for anyone.

Yes you have the right to be disappointed if you see the same mistakes week in week out, but try being positive and see what happens.

Contary to Bury''s suggestion, I do, actually, go to all home games, together with some away games, but I often disagree with Wiz. That doesn''t make either of us a less valuable contributor to this board.

For what it''s worth, I thought the atmosphere in the first half was pretty good, until they scored. No I don''t sit in the Snakepit or the Barclay. And, yes, it was the Snakepit who chanted usual Ian Henderson chant, whilst others around me were giving the poor lad abuse.

Yes, I was bewildered by the initial team selection and the substitutions, which is down to the manager. But I was equally frustrated by our long ball game, which, at the end of the day, is down to the boys on the pitch.

The most frustrating thing of all, you don''t mind getting beaten when your team plays well, but you get beaten by a better team. On Saturday, for much of the game we were poor and were beaten by an even poorer team !!!!

i am probably going to have to sit on the proverbial fence here, not something i normally do, but to be honest, even if i think worthy has made a dire team selection (and he is getting better), i will never, never boo or barrack a player. I just cannot do it, i might chat with people alongside me, saying he shouldn''t be playing, i might admit after the game to mates that he had a really crap game, but boo him, shout at him, NO

maybe it is just a female thing, maybe i just don''t want to make someone feel bad, but however frustrated i feel if the game is going badly, i will not have a go at our team. I have my favourite players, as does everyone, and if someone replaces one of them, i might feel disappointed, but that player is playing in our shirt and deserves our support

yes, i know everyone pays good money and all that, yes, i know it is really frustrating watching games like last saturday, but booing henderson, rivers etc, is not going to help, in fact it probably makes the situation worse. I try to arrive at each match without my week full of personal frustrations as baggage, so i can truly enjoy the afternoon for what it is, entertainment, but i do understand the passions that run through all of us

sorry to disappoint, but this is a calm, relaxed gazza, who can see not much wrong with the carrow road world at present, though i do wonder just how ill some of these players are who have this ''bug'', if other posts are anything to go by

good luck to all of you who will be making the trip to rotherham, please give the boys some really loud support, wish i could be there

Thanks for your replies all very good and well made. Perhaps I didn''t make myself as clear as I should - ''As usual'' shouts my wife in the background!
Whilst I was making the point that perhaps those who attend regularly will generally have a more valid view than those who do not attend that often, I do not agree with the barracking of our players.
I do feel that it is only a very small minority of supporters who do that and whilst it is not a defence, every team has a group that does this and the great majority of supporters of NCFC are fantastic.
I sit in the upper tier of the Barclay and I don''t witness player barracking but perhaps I can''t hear the City Stand from my vantage point!
Finally: my answer to you Mook is just that if you cannot attend too often, just be gentle with us lot who get worked because we do.
I would like to sympathise with you that not only do you not have to suffer the frustrations of watching our much loved team but you have to put up with Roy Wallers commentaries - then I thought, no, you live outside the catchment area I think. Blast!!

All good points, well made. You are one of the many that go week in week out and you deserve credit for putting up with the lows, as well as experiencing the highs. And yes, I''m out of the "Waller" catchment area, and I must say thank god for that. Hearing his commentary on the Ip***** game was confusing to say the least - I though Marcus Bent was playing for Leicester!