Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

A few (nice) selection dilemmas for Tuesday

[quote user="ec-p"]If all fit would keep the same team, including mulumbu. If Naismith fit would play him though, for Wes maybe. Think Naismith would battle well with Shelvey.[/quote]I think Naismith would wind him up a real treat!

What a treat it is, to have some many good selection problems.

A couple of weeks ago, everyone was suggesting who to buy, which positions to strengthen n the window. We sold two first team regulars, and have replaced their positions.

Now we have an abundance of players who we, the fans, cannot agree who to play. But no one is being named to be dropped, such are their recent performances.

Maybe a couple of good performances/ wins has changed the feeling, but long may it continue.

Happy times fellow canary fans!!

My post nutty, was reflective of the positive vibes from the team/players.

No mention of any pinkun posters, or negatively from them, but I agree long may it continue.

I wasn''t suggesting anything different Greavsy. It''s just a coincidence that your reflections and mine appear to be linked ....

Mulumbu did well but i suspect that we will see tettey straight back in.

I suspect josh is most likely to be the one from the attacking 4 to be changed to provide more defensive resilience.

The solidity is in the back 7, the remaining 4 can be interchanged to suit; its a great unpredictable position for us to be in.

[quote user="ZLF"]Mulumbu did well but i suspect that we will see tettey straight back in.

I suspect josh is most likely to be the one from the attacking 4 to be changed to provide more defensive resilience.

The solidity is in the back 7, the remaining 4 can be interchanged to suit; its a great unpredictable position for us to be in.[/quote]Another thing I find interesting is I wonder how much Benitez will be influenced by what he saw from us on Saturday?If I was him I''d be playing a high defence, and closing players down early, which could make them vulnerable to not only long balls, cutting out their midfield, but also to pace.Which is why I can see Jerome and Wildschutt in.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 12/02/2017 11:04 PM:

I wasn''t suggesting anything different Greavsy. It''s just a coincidence that your reflections and mine appear to be linked ....

Can''t have posters agreeing on here Nutty, whatever next?

Alex says there are 2/3 injury worries from Saturdays team which isnt good news.

Could be Pinto & Dijks maybe, not sure bout other one?

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Oliveira took a bit of a knock in the first half Saturday and stayed down for a fair while. Could be that??[/quote]

Forgot about him, you could be right Hairy

Like Morty, hope that Naismith is a surprise name on the team sheet

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ZLF"]Mulumbu did well but i suspect that we will see tettey straight back in.

The solidity is in the back 7, the remaining 4 can be interchanged to suit; its a great unpredictable position for us to be in.[/quote]Another thing I find interesting is I wonder how much Benitez will be influenced by what he saw from us on Saturday?If I was him I''d be playing a high defence, and closing players down early, which could make them vulnerable to not only long balls, cutting out their midfield, but also to pace.Which is why I can see Jerome and Wildschutt in.[/quote]morty believes that Alex Neil believes that Benitez believes what morty believes and will select his starting eleven accordingly. But even if Benitez does believe what morty says he believes, Alex Neil may not believe he does, in which case what morty believes is false and anyway Benitez may not believe that at all and on the contrary may believe that, with Gayle back in the side his best plan is to do exactly the opposite and draw Norwich so far forward as to become vulnerable to a counter strike. On the other hand, Alex Neil may nvertheless select Jerome and Wildschut for quite different reasons. I hope that''s completely clear? [;)]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ZLF"]Mulumbu did well but i suspect that we will see tettey straight back in.

The solidity is in the back 7, the remaining 4 can be interchanged to suit; its a great unpredictable position for us to be in.[/quote]Another thing I find interesting is I wonder how much Benitez will be influenced by what he saw from us on Saturday?If I was him I''d be playing a high defence, and closing players down early, which could make them vulnerable to not only long balls, cutting out their midfield, but also to pace.Which is why I can see Jerome and Wildschutt in.[/quote]morty believes that Alex Neil believes that Benitez believes what morty believes and will select his starting eleven accordingly. But even if Benitez does believe what morty says he believes, Alex Neil may not believe he does, in which case what morty believes is false and anyway Benitez may not believe that at all and on the contrary may believe that, with Gayle back in the side his best plan is to do exactly the opposite and draw Norwich so far forward as to become vulnerable to a counter strike. On the other hand, Alex Neil may nvertheless select Jerome and Wildschut for quite different reasons. I hope that''s completely clear? [;)][/quote]A wonderful insight into what goes on in your head, thanks for sharing[;)]

[quote user="Diane"]Alex says there are 2/3 injury worries from Saturdays team which isnt good news.

Could be Pinto & Dijks maybe, not sure bout other one?[/quote]He described them as "bumps and bruises" though, so hopefully nothing too serious.

bit worried about what our potential line up might be now....

....can''t recall too many times where players who''ve been "touch and go" in Alex Neil speak actually make it.

If our full backs turn out to be Martin and Whittaker ,I can''t say I like the look of it tomorrow.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]bit worried about what our potential line up might be now....

....can''t recall too many times where players who''ve been "touch and go" in Alex Neil speak actually make it.

If our full backs turn out to be Martin and Whittaker ,I can''t say I like the look of it tomorrow.[/quote]maybe he''s not wanting to give too much awayfingers crossed

The fullback situation is a worry- we really don''t have great depth at either position now.

With Tettey back and Josh stepping up on Saturday we look pretty deep everywhere else.

When Pinto went down on Saturday, I fully expected him to come straight off, but then he went on one of his rampaging runs down the wing as if nothing was wrong!

I''m just hoping both came off to give them as much of a rest for tonight as possible - and to get them in the cryo tent!