Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Bill

easy quiz.... football grounds

Wizzed through them , and cocked up the last one!

Always thought , that 7 was a strange set up though, could never understand why they built it like that. Ran out of money ?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Wizzed through them , and cocked up the last one!

Always thought , that 7 was a strange set up though, could never understand why they built it like that. Ran out of money ?[/quote]"Due to the refusal of residents of William Street behind the stand it

could not be extended further, and financial problems ensured that it

was the only part of the ground to be redeveloped, although originally

it was all going to follow."
A bonus questionWhat ex City player scored the last ever goal at Vetch Field  ?(I will post answer up a bit later... no replies please - so others can scratch the old brain a bit )

Only six grounds attendedNo Vetch, Maine Road, Roker or HighfieldCardiff the last a few seasons back, got a lift to the ground in a police van.. I kid you not. Rather a ''hairy'' place as was Leicester in the 70s (c/o Mascot coaches)

Can''t compete with you clever muckers. Only managed 8.

Nice memories from a few though not Hiighfield Road. Been there four times and never got a point!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Can''t compete with you clever muckers. Only managed 8.

Nice memories from a few though not Hiighfield Road. Been there four times and never got a point![/quote]The last time I went to Highfield Road, Brian Whitehouse scored for us.I think Arthur Lightening was in goal for Coventry.

The last time I was at Highfield Road, Gunny was sent off and the vertically challenged Mark Bowen saved the resultant penalty!

I remember the shirt and gloves seemed to drown him.

Good to see Plough Lane - my first away ground in ''86.