Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Tuesdays Fixtures

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Bit confused lake. A couple of weeks ago you said you wanted Ipswich to beat our rivals, but now you only want them to get a draw against Brighton? 🤔🤔🤔[/quote]Indeed, surely Brighton are still our rivals, what with us heading for an automatic spot?

there''s a danger we could play into their hands tomorrow, by being on the front foot too much and getting caught on the counter attack - like Huddersfield and Leeds did. I do agree that we need to be aggressive around Shelvey and Mitrovic to get them wound up. Gayle''s the one who worries me most though - seems he''s fit to play, and scores for fun at this level.

We are capable of scoring ourselves though, so I don''t think it''s going to be a dull 0-0.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bulldog Rummin"]Looking at the other games, those are ones we would now be expecting to win

So my thought is that if any of those around us drop points tomorrow night it is perhaps a bonus,
 but no more than what will happen to us all over the next 15 games so not too much to be taken from an individual game

I don''t subscribe to this belief that we shouldn''t ''worry'' about what other teams are doing but concentrate on our own games - as if speculation on here has ANY affect whatsoever on the games tomorrow night

The bottom line is we have to win and win again. Opponents losing will not have us finish in the top six, however neither will those losses stop many from getting a bit of enjoyment

That''s part of thegame, and always has been

[/quote]

I gave it up a long time ago. Studying other games and saying to yourself "Yeah if they just beat them, and that other team does this" as its very rarely based on logic, but hope, and for that reason it very rarely works out how you want it to.
[/quote]

Exactly, you can say "X has an easy game" and "Y''s is a tough one" but some will follow the form book, and others won''t, so I don''t really bother.

We''ve got plenty of games left and we''re playing well at the moment.  We should be able to get 2 points per game on average with our squad, and if we do from now on, it''s almost certain we''ll overhaul at least one team above us.  It''s in our hands in reality, if not mathematically.

Newcastle will be a good test of how far the team/manager has progressed... AN wouldn''t be human if he didn''t have some nerves about this, but at the same time he should be as motivated as can be, and we did get a win at home against them last season.

Personally I remain unconvinced by the manager, and our recent good form hasn''t get done enough to change that.  I hope to be proved wrong, however...

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Bit confused lake. A couple of weeks ago you said you wanted Ipswich to beat our rivals, but now you only want them to get a draw against Brighton? 🤔🤔🤔[/quote]

With regard to the league table, an Ipswich win would of course be preferable against Brighton, but I don''t see it happening. The best they and we can hope for imo is a 0-0.  If they draw and we win, the distance between us and second and top place would be 12 points.  With 14 games to go after tomorrow - that distance would not be insurmountable.  Everything still to play for.

If the paupers were to get a win, and we were to do likewise then it would be 11 points to make up.Something we easily did in 14/15 when the paupers were 4 points ahead of us at this stage and ended up 8 points behind.The point here is there are no great advantages to finishing third,as opposed to 6th.As long as it is mathematically possibly I will stick with LDC.........just keeping winning and keep believing

As I said, mathematically it is possible - never made any comment on the probability of it thoughbe a bit gutting if we missed out on automatic by a point or two and ended up 3rdinteresting comparison here -Norwich have won more Championship points in 2017 (16) than any other

side and have won all four home games in this calendar year so far. The

last time they won their first five home league games of a calendar year

was in 1986, when they won their first six on their way to promotion

from the second tier to the top-flight