Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Tuesdays Fixtures

Looking at Tuesdays fixtures looks like we could do with the win. Nice looking fixtures for the sides around us.

Brighton v Ipswich

Derby v Cardiff

Fulham v N.Forest

Leeds v Bristol C

Rotherham v Huddersfield

Sheff W v Blackburn

Reading v Brentford

[quote user="Move Klose"]Looking at Tuesdays fixtures looks like we could do with the win. Nice looking fixtures for the sides around us.

Brighton v Ipswich

Derby v Cardiff

Fulham v N.Forest

Leeds v Bristol C

Rotherham v Huddersfield

Sheff W v Blackburn

Reading v Brentford[/quote]Hoping for - Ipswich to slow Brighton''s progress 0-0 draw.Cardiff to beat Derby now Colin has got them going. Fulham v Forest...mehBristol to do a job on Leeds as they did against Derby...but hold on to the lead this timeRotherham surprise win over HuddersfieldBlackburn fighting draw against Sheff WedReading to lose to Brentford, Canos doing us a favour. Still a long way to go for Newcastle and Brighton and the rest, so lots of twists and turns to come.  Our job is to make sure they know we''re coming for them!

lake district canary wrote the following post at 12/02/2017 7:46 PM:

Move Klose wrote:

Looking at Tuesdays fixtures looks like we could do with the win. Nice looking fixtures for the sides around us. Brighton v Ipswich

Derby v Cardiff

Fulham v N.Forest

Leeds v Bristol C

Rotherham v Huddersfield

Sheff W v Blackburn

Reading v Brentford

Hoping for -

Ipswich to slow Brighton''s progress 0-0 draw.

Cardiff to beat Derby now Colin has got them going.

Fulham v Forest...meh

Bristol to do a job on Leeds as they did against Derby...but hold on to the lead this time

Rotherham surprise win over Huddersfield

Blackburn fighting draw against Sheff Wed

Reading to lose to Brentford, Canos doing us a favour.

I''m not saying that''s unlikely but the odds for that are 3720/1!

[quote user="JF"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 12/02/2017 7:46 PM:

Move Klose wrote:

Looking at Tuesdays fixtures looks like we could do with the win. Nice looking fixtures for the sides around us. Brighton v Ipswich

Derby v Cardiff

Fulham v N.Forest

Leeds v Bristol C

Rotherham v Huddersfield

Sheff W v Blackburn

Reading v Brentford

Hoping for -

Ipswich to slow Brighton''s progress 0-0 draw.

Cardiff to beat Derby now Colin has got them going.

Fulham v Forest...meh

Bristol to do a job on Leeds as they did against Derby...but hold on to the lead this time

Rotherham surprise win over Huddersfield

Blackburn fighting draw against Sheff Wed

Reading to lose to Brentford, Canos doing us a favour.

I''m not saying that''s unlikely but the odds for that are 3720/1![/quote][:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Move Klose"]Looking at Tuesdays fixtures looks like we could do with the win. Nice looking fixtures for the sides around us.

Brighton v Ipswich

Derby v Cardiff

Fulham v N.Forest

Leeds v Bristol C

Rotherham v Huddersfield

Sheff W v Blackburn

Reading v Brentford[/quote]Hoping for - Ipswich to slow Brighton''s progress 0-0 draw.Cardiff to beat Derby now Colin has got them going. Fulham v Forest...mehBristol to do a job on Leeds as they did against Derby...but hold on to the lead this timeRotherham surprise win over HuddersfieldBlackburn fighting draw against Sheff WedReading to lose to Brentford, Canos doing us a favour. Still a long way to go for Newcastle and Brighton and the rest, so lots of twists and turns to come.  Our job is to make sure they know we''re coming for them!

[/quote]
Brighton are gone, what we want is for them the hammer Ipswich 10-0 and get 3 or 4 of them sent off. Cardiff win is a good shout but Derby are behind us and I don''t really care about them I doubt Bristol will get anything at Leeds but we can dream. The same goes for at Reading and Sheff Weds.
We really need a win on Tuesday just to keep pace with the play offs at best we are currently 4 points off. I think Leeds is our best bet to catch

the other fixtures are an irrelevance - its in our hands and there for the players to take.

Its all about how we perform against toon; it will show whether we have really made progress or whether 2017 has been another false dawn.

We have every reason to be confident. great individual and team form & toon not winning here in the last 6 visits.

This is the acid test and time for us to set a marker to the rest of the promotion hopefuls. Performance & points required.

I wouldn''t right off any of those games at the minute (except maybe Rotherham)

Bristol City threw away a 3-0 lead at Derby to only get a point. Cardiff beat leads at Elland Rd. similar performances from those teams could blow it all wide open

[quote user="king canary"]Out of interest LDC, why on earth are you

hoping for Wednesday (the closest team to us) to draw rather than

lose?[/quote][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Also LDC, I thought you would want the Binners to beat any team above us? :)[/quote]

Can''t see Blackburn beating SW at home, and can''t see 1p5wich beating Brighton at home. No one is going to think that all the teams above us will lose tomorrow, my "hoped for" results are an overall view of what might happen if things go in our favour and would represent a good set of results for us.

Their manager supports us, so he will help us out!!!

Oh but he didn''t when we played them, doh! My bad!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]All these '' if''s '', '' buts '' and '' maybes ''.If we can average two points a game for the rest of the season we''re home and hosed and who cares what the others do ? [/quote]
You complain about ifs, but and maybes and then go on to present your own if scenario...  ðŸ¤” 

Looking at the other games, those are ones we would now be expecting to winSo my thought is that if any of those around us drop points tomorrow night it is perhaps a bonus,  but no more than what will happen to us all over the next 15 games so not too much to be taken from an individual gameI don''t subscribe to this belief that we shouldn''t ''worry'' about what other teams are doing but concentrate on our own games - as if speculation on here has ANY affect whatsoever on the games tomorrow nightThe bottom line is we have to win and win again. Opponents losing will not have us finish in the top six, however neither will those losses stop many from getting a bit of enjoymentThat''s part of thegame, and always has been

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]All these '' if''s '', '' buts '' and '' maybes ''.If we can average two points a game for the rest of the season we''re home and hosed and who cares what the others do ? [/quote]Yes, it''s ifs buts and maybes.  That''s the fun of it.  Since I won''t be at the game, my interest around Tuesday evening apart from our match will be around what happens everywhere - and hoping for others above us to fail.  So I care what others do - because their reults have a direct bearing on our position in the table.   I haven''t given up on top two yet and as long as we win and if Ippo get a point at Brighton that''s two points closer they are to us.

[quote user="Bulldog Rummin"]Looking at the other games, those are ones we would now be expecting to winSo my thought is that if any of those around us drop points tomorrow night it is perhaps a bonus,  but no more than what will happen to us all over the next 15 games so not too much to be taken from an individual gameI don''t subscribe to this belief that we shouldn''t ''worry'' about what other teams are doing but concentrate on our own games - as if speculation on here has ANY affect whatsoever on the games tomorrow nightThe bottom line is we have to win and win again. Opponents losing will not have us finish in the top six, however neither will those losses stop many from getting a bit of enjoymentThat''s part of thegame, and always has been

[/quote]I gave it up a long time ago. Studying other games and saying to yourself "Yeah if they just beat them, and that other team does this" as its very rarely based on logic, but hope, and for that reason it very rarely works out how you want it to.

"as its very rarely based on logic, but hope"which is pretty much what sustains the fans of the majority of clubs up and down the land(a condition shared by many elsewhere as well, I might suggest)you keep believing LDC - few would have had us here before Xmasso it''s all to play for

General rule of thumb, win at home, draw away, which equates to 2 points a game, and you''ll not go far wrong, as another poster has previously stated.

We are the home team tomorrow, so should be more for us to dictate the pattern etc. Respect the opposition, but there is a problem if they are shown too much respect, in my opinion.

Bit confused lake. A couple of weeks ago you said you wanted Ipswich to beat our rivals, but now you only want them to get a draw against Brighton? 🤔🤔🤔