Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Newcastle

That''s a fair point - I agree 100%. I was basing it on Naismith still being injured

If hes fit, there is no comparison, although a bit harsh to take Wes & Pritchard out of the team after Saturday

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]That''s a fair point - I agree 100%. I was basing it on Naismith still being injured

If hes fit, there is no comparison, although a bit harsh to take Wes & Pritchard out of the team after Saturday[/quote]Yes it would be, but we have to give ourselves the best chance of winning this. This game could be pivotol for many reasons, the further self belief it would give the players, and also the fans, this could be the game that has the stragglers saying "You know what, this bad run is over, and I really think we can salvage something from the season".And, selfishly, I work with a lot of geordies, and I want to stick it right up them, so to speak.

Alex playing his cards close to his chest re injuries / selections, at the press conference.

The absence of Naismith is a real problem I think. There isn''t another attacking player who I think is capable of doing the dirty work tracking Shelvey.

While I understand people who say ''lets not care about what the opposition do and make them worry about us'' - I don''t agree in this situation. Newcastle are the best ''away'' team in the League and set-up to hit teams that come at them on the counter. Playing 3 players who aren''t great at tracking back behind a striker will play right into Newcastle''s strengths, which are significant.

If Gayle is back then it is better for Norwich to sit back a bit and not allow any space in behind the defence and then look for quick transitions in behind their full backs. It will be a tough game, while Newcastle haven''t been at their best recently they have such a variety of players they can adapt their style well. They also have an excellent manager so AN will need to be on top of his game.

Do my eyes deceive me? Morty calling for changes to a winning team? I thought that was a never....... must be my memory. Horses for courses ..... I''m sure morty argued against that earlier in the season............. must be my memory.

Never, ever, only sometimes, maybe, always ...... must be me me morty.

one way or another we are all here to end up just talking about you.

No I don''t want a pint.

No fella I don''t want to meet.

No I don''t want to hear about men''s bits.

Ultimately however wrong you might be you will be right.

And I don''t discuss football with those that are not proper fans like you.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I''d go with:-

Ruddy

Pinto

Martin

Klose

Dijks

Tettey

Howson

Jacob Murphy

Hoolahan

Wildshut

Mr Carrow[/quote]With the lad Carrow as a false 9, man marking Shelvey?

Hey fellers! This is my first post! Looking to a bit of floodlight madness tomorrow night

Man marking Shelvey would be top priority? Everything goes through him so I''d like to see Pritchard given freedom when we are going forwards but to be right at shelvey ankles as soon as they have the ball, doubling up with one of the other advanced midfielders.

I''d like to see Tettey properly holding to block runners. We need to make sure we boss the midfield and our width can come from the overlapping full backs who have been excellent. Certainly not a game for Wes... unless its 0-0 in the 80th (Which it won''t be)

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Dijks

Tettey

Howson Mulumbu Wildschut

Pritchard

Oliveira

[quote user="morty"]I''m calling a surprise Naismith return.[/quote]who are you calling ?or maybe what are you calling '' a surprise Naismith return '' Brian perhaps..... it''s quite a popular name

"''lets not care about what the opposition do and make them worry about us''"can''t say that makes much sense at allif for instance they knew we had Whittaker covering at left back then they would certainly try to ensure he was up against someone with a bit of pace, likewise if we had both Dutch players on the left they would certainly look for muscle on their right sideit comes down to a combination of looking to exploit their weaknesses whilst containing their strengths, which may not be about using an inform player

Mulumbu has been excellent recently; often snuffing out moves before the opposition create any momentum - that is a very under-rated skill, but makes a huge difference to what we achieve.

Providing he''s fit, I''d retain him - he''s used to big games & knows what''s required.

Overall, we need to optimise our physical strength - I''d say one ''flair'' player (Wes or Pritchard) should be included to unlock Newcastle - the rest should be solid, established pro''s.

If this game is pivotal, as some have said, I think we should do something really innovative to break Newcastle up at every turn. Dispatch someone immediately and secretly bring Kante up to Norwich in disguise to give us 90 minutes for a million pounds. That should do it. 

[quote user="Mr Apples"]"who are you calling?"

Ghostbusters???

Apples[/quote]

Is that the Sloane Square version of the lyrics?

[quote user="Mr Apples"]No, that would be "Who does one call?"

Apples[/quote]

or even "who does one''s oik call"

The gut wrote the following post at 13/02/2017 1:53 PM:

one way or another we are all here to end up just talking about you.

No I don''t want a pint.

No fella I don''t want to meet.

No I don''t want to hear about men''s bits.

Ultimately however wrong you might be you will be right.

And I don''t discuss football with those that are not proper fans like you.

Thegut gets it!!

👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍👍👊

Ruddy
    Pinto  Martin  Klose  Dijks
           Howson  Mulumbu
  Pritchard  Hoolahan  Naismith
                   Oliveria
Mulumbu depends on fitness really, Tettey can fill in if necessary. Praying to many gods we don''t have to start Whittaker or Bennett.

[quote user="Ginja"]
                     Ruddy
           Howson  Mulumbu
                   Oliveria
Mulumbu depends on fitness really, Tettey can fill in if necessary. Praying to many gods we don''t have to start Whittaker or Bennett.
[/quote]Have you heard anything about Naismith''s fitness then? Or just hoping he''s fit, same as me?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"]
                     Ruddy
           Howson  Mulumbu
                   Oliveria
[/quote]Have you heard anything about Naismith''s fitness then? Or just hoping he''s fit, same as me?[/quote]
Just based on my hopes at the moment morty, AN is being very coy about fitness etc. pure guessing at the moment [:P]
I hope Naismith is fit, I think he''s improved significantly and his experience and physicality will be important in this match IMO.

suspect that nelson may be one of the injured - and can see CJ being asked to sit on shelvey.

Not necessarily the team I''d go for but, reading between the lines, I think this will be our line up -

Ruddy,

Pinto,

Martin,

Klose,

Whittaker,

Howson,

Tettey,

Josh Murphy,

Naismith,

Wildschut,

Jerome.

Dijks and Oliveira not available, Mulumbu feeling the strain from Saturday, Hoolahan and Pritchard on the bench.

After the impact the last two visits to St. James''s Park had on player & fan morale, in the words of Mr. Kevin Keegan: "I''d love it if we beat them...love it"

Hope Dijks & Pinto are available and I agree that it would be a great game for Naismith. But if you start Naismith and Josh, who of Pritchard or Wes gets benched? Tough decisions to be made but it''ll be a very different game to Forest. Assuming Dijks & Naismith are unavailable (which I sincerely hope is not the case), it might well be:

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Whittaker

Mulumbu Howson

Josh Wes Wildschut

Oliviera

Tempting to put Pritchard in for Wildschut but that''d be a brave move. Mulumbu to keep an eye on our left channel, Pritchard and Jerome for fresh impetus after 60 / 70 mins and drive the nail into the Geordie coffin. We owe them this one and on current form on our own patch we have nothing to fear. Get Dijks & Naismith into the oxygen tent!