Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Newcastle

Normal day, with an evening football match to look forward too.

AN will field the strongest/best team he can, as will Rafa.

Looking forward to it same as any other match, with the same 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, and nothing for a defeat.

Won''t start getting excited until work finishes, and the team is announced.

What I''d do:

Ruddy, Pinto, Martin, Klose, Dijks, Tettey, Howson, Wildschut, Pritchard, Wes, Jerome

What Neil will do:

Ruddy, Pinto (or whitts dep on injury), Martin, Klose, Dijks, Mulumbu, Howson, Tettey, Pritchard, Wildschut, Jerome

Has AN ever played Mulumbu and Tettey together? I couldn''t think of any game which he had.

Personally I would play them both, which will give a more stable defence and allow the full backs to stay higher up the pitch. Newcastle don''t play with much width as Ritchie tends to drift inside, so going around them could be an effective strategy.

I see what you are saying Bethnal but I don''t think we should be playing our two least talented players together. I think that would be a real message of lack of intent.

Really not sure on that team. Appreciate that injuries has forced our hand, but after Saturday Pritchard and Josh deserved to keep their places.

Hope I''m proved wrong. OTBC!

Ruddy, Whitts, Klose, Martin, Dijks, Howson, Tettey, Jacob, Wes, Wiltschut, JeromePortuguese men of war injured. Pritchard only allowed to play against shit defences. Josh dropped for no reason.

Pinto a big, big miss and I''ve never had confidence in Whittaker, even though he is a pro and gives his all. I could see Jacob for Josh and Jerome for Nelson, even can see Tettey back as he is Neil''s go to player. But Ivo missing creates a terrible hole in defence.

I was optimistic until I saw the lineup. I''d love to know what goes through his brain when coming up with that eleven.

Only one change in Newcastle''s lineup. Are they fitter than us or something?

I''d love to be proven wrong and see these changes as being a stroke of managerial genius; sadly I think Newcastle are going to continue to be the side that humiliate Neil and his decisions.