Klose

Dijks

Howson

Mulumbu

Pritchard

Naismith

Hoolahan

Oliveira

And with that line up folks, you could shove the (overrated) Jonjo bloody Shelvey up his own @rse! 👍

Ruddy

Pinto, Klose, Martin, Dijks

Jacob Murphy, Tettey, Howson, Pritchard, Wildschut

Jerome

This assumes Pinto is fit. If not I guess it might be Whittaker on the right side of the defence but would rather see Martin play there and bring in Bennett in the middle.

Tough on Wes if he misses out but again think the physicality of the game means that Wildschut will start and he will play Jerome up front for the same reason, even though I thought Oliviera played well Saturday.

Give it a rest South Stand Canary. Lakey is entitled to his view, even as a long distance Canary. These days, with so much coverage everywhere, it''s very easy to follow the news of your club, wherever you are. Even if you were a Celtic fan, for example, living in this area, you''d be able to follow them.

As for Wes, he''s getting better with age. No longer a luxury player (if he''s ever been that anyway), a lot of the time he''s the difference between us looking good going forward or not. I think he''ll start tonight and Pritchard will get the hook.

Agree with long distance comments. I am currently on business in Kuala Lumpur and will need to get up at 3.30am in the morning to listen to the commentary through my laptop. Doesn''t make me any less of a fan than those who will be at Carrow road tonight.

Agree we do have nothing to fear.

Newcastle were under the cosh against Wolves but still managed to come away with a win, the game against us will be different,

with our recent home record I expect us to score goals.

I wouldn''t press to high, without the ball we would be better to stay compact and make sure we keep our defensive shape.

What''s startling Aberdeen is you suggesting Pritchard should start ahead of Hoolahan..

Let''s get things into perspective here - yes Prichard has played well in a couple of games, AN is praising him & the press are calling him the midfield general, but look at the opposition !

I''m not getting too excited over players that look good against weak teams and disappear against the good ones.

On the other hand - Hoolahan''s record speaks for itself.

We need to control the ball, that''s the key to winning tonight. You can only score with right footers & left footers once you''ve achieve that..

You don''t go into such an important game without your most influential player, Wes has to play if he is fit.

If I thought there was room for both I would play both and maybe that''s what AN will do?

There will always be games when players dissappear or are ineffectual - even Wes has played in some of them.

On merit and Saturday''s performance both should start but I just have a feeling Tettey will be in for Malumbu and Wildschut will start.

You may well be right and Wes will start and Pritchard will be on the bench. I guess we''ll know about 7.15 this evening?

I couldn''t have predicted his starting 11 on Saturday so am sure I won''t get it right tonight ....

The gut''s post y''day made me chuckle- "No I don''t want to talk about man''s bits". Excellent.

Re tonight, I feel we do need both Mulumbu and Tettey. my big issue with Tettey these days is his positional sense, particularly when opposition players are behind in like at free kicks or crosses, I don''t think he tracks his man very well so I ''d have Mulumbu in there also. N''cl are the highest scorers in the league so a little cover for the defence would be good.

I agree with those who suggest we can''t go in with both Wes and Pricthard, I reckon they''ll just control midfield if we go that way. So Wes gets it for me with Pritchard on the bench. Wildschut should be in the starting line up also. Murphys on bench for exploiting tired defensive legs later on.

CJ or NO makes no odds to me, possibly the latter shades it as he is more clinical and we may need to make sure we nick the chances we do get as there may not be that many.

Team published in the EEN this morning.........

Ruddy

Whits, Martin, Klose, Dijks

Tetty, Howson,

Josh, Pritchard, Wes,

Jerome

They don''t always get it right but I wouldn''t be surprised if Pinto is out based on that.

If there is such an insistence that Wes won''t be able to play all the next four games then surely play him tonight and put him on the bench against Burton (if we have to).

Winning the next game is always what it is about. Taking one game at a time is a cliche but an apt one.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Team published in the EEN this morning.........

Ruddy

Whits, Martin, Klose, Dijks

Tetty, Howson,

Josh, Pritchard, Wes,

Jerome

They don''t always get it right but I wouldn''t be surprised if Pinto is out based on that.[/quote]

That''s such a lightweight forward facing midfield. Can''t see all 3 of Josh, Wes and Pritchard playing. I''d prefer Wes, Naismith and Wildschut for height, strength, hassle-factor and skill. Having said that though, Pritchard has earned his place with his performance on Saturday, but Wes has been there and done it consistently. Hopefully, giving him a rest for the Wigan and Cardiff games will pay dividends in these next few games.

Spot on, Six Pack - couldn''t agree more 👍

Having had a look at various Newcastle message boards, they really don''t like Jack Colback, who''s had to fill in of late - it is a running theme that they think he''s absolute dogshoite. Diame is a mixed bag for them, with Shelvey being the only midfielder who gets universal praise. But I remember Shelvey playing against us for Swansea etc and don''t ever remember him being great against us so it''s hard to suddenly start worrying about him, because I''m not. So if those 3 play then I''ll be happy as long as our midfield includes Wes - we HAVE to play him. It''d be ridiculous to drop our undisputed most effective game changer. Wolves gave it a go but the Portuguese lad aside, they simply didn''t have the tools to damage Newcastle like we have.

Fingers crossed for an attacking line up tonight, if the boys bring their A game then I have no doubt we''ll win. What will make the difference I think would be having Pinto and Dijks both available! Ritchie won''t have played against someone of Dijks class in this league, and to me that will be a key battle as Newcastle score more goals from down the right wing than in any other area.

I think we might be over emphasising Shelvey to the same extent Newcastle fans do.

If you give him space he can ping a long ball but that''s about the extent of what he has over our central midfielders. Keep your shape, read the long balls and as long as we don''t start Ryan Bennett (just look how easily fatty got in behind him with a simple ball) we should be OK.

I''d be more concerned with the movement and pace of gayle etc.

Ah, hogesar, a fellow fan who also thinks Bennett is dog shit.

We must be wary of balls (not Ed) over the top from Shelvey to Gayle. I have a feeling we''ll play a bit deeper tonight and hope to hit them on the break.

When Shelvey played for Swansea against us last season, we let him have the ball and he was garbage.

Hoola

"We must be wary of balls (not Ed) over the top from Shelvey to Gayle. I have a feeling we''ll play a bit deeper tonight and hope to hit them on the break. "

Yep spot on.

I quite like Shelvey as a player when he is on it but I do think he is prone to playing in the comfort zone.

I would like to see the same team that started Saturday. I don''t expect to see it though.

I guess Tettey will be in for Mulumbo. Neither of them are footballers in the true sense of the word (as in are not very good with the ball at their feet) but kind of do the job that is asked of them. Kind of. I just think Alex will make the change because he will see Mulumbo as a bigger risk.

I wouldn''t be surprised if Naismith came in for Josh.

We should be and we will be very wary of Shelvey. He is always a threat, if he is on his game he creates real danger. We have kept him quiet before, and I hope we do again tonight. He is a game changer and Alex, I''m sure, has a plan. Whether it works or not will go a long way to deciding the final outcome.

The gap between us and Newcastle is relatively small. This is a game we can win.

Just hope Pinto & Dijk are not injured! Back 4 never looked the same after they went off Saturday... Obviously Pinto took a knock but hope Dijk was only rested